Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spots

• 28-04-2009 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Ive noticed recently that Ive started to gain a few spots on my chest.

There not normal spots, and Ive long since passed teenage spots.

You cant pop them, and if you squeeze them it hurts, and eventually bleeds. A little bit of puss may come out, but not much.

They also seem to be spreading, I now have a couple on my tummy, and a few on my arms.

I havent changed my bodywash, or my wahing liquid, so it cant be that.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I hate saying this but if you're worried, see your doctor.

Let him/her know about any changes in your diet, the amount of exercise you do, whether you have recently started coming into contact with a chemical on a regular basis or have taken up a new sport, have travelled recently etc.

I'm going to try to leave this thread open for a bit on the provisio that NOBODY posts medical advice or suggests how to get rid of the spots. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gym instrutor

FreedomJoe wrote: »
    Ive noticed recently that Ive started to gain a few spots on my chest.

There not normal spots, and Ive long since passed teenage spots.

You cant pop them, and if you squeeze them it hurts, and eventually bleeds. A little bit of puss may come out, but not much.

They also seem to be spreading, I now have a couple on my tummy, and a few on my arms.

I havent changed my bodywash, or my wahing liquid, so it cant be that.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Are you doing any sort of excerise or do you shave you chest? Use a little bit of sudacream it stops the spreading. Id also stop squeezing them let them take there course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭FreedomJoe

Nothing in my diet has changed, Everything is the same. I dont Excercise, (I really should!) And I dont shave my chest, No need to, No Hair!

I do take a Asthma Inhaler. Can they give you spots?

My Tap Water lately is looking a little tinged, I dont drink it but I do Shower. could Dirty water cause spots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gym instrutor

FreedomJoe wrote: »
    Nothing in my diet has changed, Everything is the same. I dont Excercise, (I really should!) And I dont shave my chest, No need to, No Hair!

I do take a Asthma Inhaler. Can they give you spots?

My Tap Water lately is looking a little tinged, I dont drink it but I do Shower. could Dirty water cause spots?

No thats just silly mate asthma inhalers or water dont give you spots. I mean do you do any activity that mkes you sweat like playing football or going to the gym. Use some type of cream like sudacream at night and in the morning and go see your doctor. You may need to go on a coures a of anitbiotics or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

Years ago I heard that something called Isopropyl Alcohol helped with spots, I used use it on my face even but years later I was told I was crazy to (yet, no side effects - in fact I don't look my age and often get away with saying I'm 10 years younger, lol - so maybe it has some kind of preserative effect, lol) But you could try that stuff, usually available quite cheaply in pharmacies. It comes in those brown little bottles, liquid of course. Oh yeah, just because it says alcohol doesn't mean you should try and drink it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Okay...wo far we've had lots of medical advice given. Using 100% Isopropanol is crazy, it's toxic and should only be used sparingly in any situation where it comes in contact with the skin! Small bottles of isopropanol are usually a lot less than 100% but talking to your doctor is the best way to relieve your worries about it.

OP, go to your doctor and ask about suitable medication or cleansing products. Make sure you ask about potential psychological effects as in the past certain acne medications have been shown to have unwarranted psych effects.
    /thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement