Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin International Comic Expo.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Some really good photos there.

I was only there for a short while on Saturday and couldn't make Sunday, which I now really regret. I had a good time but feel I would have got more out of it if I had made time to stay there longer.

So what's the good news for the Irish lads you mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Keehar

I'm kicking myself that I missed it.

Which notable people were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Let's have a look at what you could have won!
    http://dublincomicexpo.com/guests/

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

I'm still broken. DICE, you truly are a magnificent son of a bitch!

To be fair you arrived Broken!

Really chuffed at being able to pick up some Original Battletech artwork from Clint Langley.
    So very very gidddy when it appeared in his pile.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Was there most of Saturday and briefly on Sunday. Saw a couple of panels, writing one being my favourite.

Then just bought loads of small press comics.

Was an excellent weekend :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

What ones you pick up.
    There was some great bits on offer.

Stand outs for me are London horror comic, detective 1944(not sure of the number.) And Exit generation. Some great tales.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

MarkHall wrote: »
    What ones you pick up.

Stand outs for me are London horror comic, detective 1944(not sure of the number.) And Exit generation. Some great tales.

Is tha tissue 1 or 2 of Exit Generation? I picked up #1 at Thought Bubble last year and quite liked it, I foresee good things for Caio Olivera :)

• Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

MarkHall wrote: »
    What ones you pick up.

Exit Generation #1-3. Fate #1. Kiteenies. Finn and Fish (wash cycle & rinse cycle #1-2).

Detective 1945. Lightning Strike #1-5. Speakeasy. High Fantasy #1-2.

Wren vol 2+3. Wren #11. Artos #1-2.

Globalists sampler. Flare novel. Master Tape side 1&2. Freak out squares #1&2.

Celtic Knights #1-5. Junker #1. Tim and Lynne #1-5.

Anthea West's artbook.

Went on bit of a small press binge:P

If you can read this, you're too close!

Advertisement