Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1800hotels.ie - what's happening?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 suzr

katcali wrote: »
    Well I emailed Hotelbeds in Lanzarote as that is where we are due to go and they replied within a couple of minutes and were very nice. Look at this webpage and maybe email the Costa Brava email instead as they might be more able to help. http://suppliers.hotelbeds.com/infoSoporte.jsp
    They will probably just tell you that they are in the process of cancelling all the 1800hotels bookings and that you need to contact the hotel directly to confirm and repay your booking. Its so annoying!
    They got back to me to say my booking had been cancelled. Oh well, at least I have a bit of notice to do something about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Volviclady

Tommy Max wrote: »
    I have contacted both Tourico and GTA in relation to bookings made with 1800hotels.

Both have finally got back to me saying to get in contact with 1800hotels to check on the status of my booking and that they cannot comment further. Complete waste of time.

What is my next step as theres nothing I can send to the bank?

Has anybody an idea what process i should follow in getting a chargeback now?

Can you contact the hotels directly and get confirmations by email from them that you have no booking??? I pushed Tourico to confirm if I had a booking or not, I got a one-liner back from them saying it had been cancelled. I am sending this and my hotels confirmation of no booking to the bank along with my 1800 hotels voucher...... I really really hope they accept them!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 murzd

https://www.1800hotels.com/Members/

this is what the help desk just sent me for cancellation of booking. You get 80% back apparently. have to wait and see.

We paid over 800 for room! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Dear Customer,

Please be advised that the hotel booking company 1800hotels.ie have ceased trading.
    1800hotels.ie used 3rd party suppliers to reserve hotel accommodation and we are contacting you to advise that your forthcoming reservation was held with us, youtravel.com.

We would like to reassure our customers who held bookings with 1800hotels.ie, that their bookings have not been cancelled as a result of the collapse of the company, but we have not received payment for these bookings.

We therefore require you to contact us directly on 0871 750 6481or by email at 1800hotels@youtravel.com to re-confirm your booking and arrange payment, prior to travel.

We accept all major credit cards, please note a credit card will incur a 2.5% surcharge and debit cards will be a 1% surcharge.

Once you have made payment we will issue you with a new accommodation voucher within 24 hours of the payment being authorised.

Alternatively if you no longer wish to travel please advise us so that we may cancel your booking.

Please note that if we don't hear from you within 72 hours of this notification being sent we will have no option other than to cancel your booking.
    If you have already made a payment direct to us, please disregard this email.

Regards

sorry about font Cant seem to make it smaller!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 macai

murzd wrote: »

this is what the help desk just sent me for cancellation of booking. You get 80% back apparently. have to wait and see.

We paid over 800 for room! :mad:

If you have used a cc to make the booking you should receive 100% back and I wouldn't accept anything less. This 80% thing smacks of them trying to use their cancellation policy if you tried to cancel the booking yourself.

As 1800hotels cancelled your booking their terms are non applicable and should look for 100% back from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

Unshelved wrote: »
    Our situation is complicated by the fact that we'd originally booked, using a Visa card, to travel in mid-April but were stymied by the volcanic ash cloud. 1800hotels.ie offered us a voucher for the full price that we paid for the hotel, but we hadn't spent it yet

The same has happened to my wife except the original was booked on her Laser Card. So that voucher for €500 is pretty useless now. I have been using 1800Hotels for the last 8 Years so I suppose I am lucky I was not caught for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 macai

Fiasco being discussed by Matt Cooper on today fm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 griffinj

Whats the story with youtravel? They said they need re payment to confirm the booking or confirmation email to cancel booking and then they will send out an email of some sort saying the booking has been cancelled. Has anyone done this yet and got this email? What does the email they send say?

Thanks

I paid these guys again today, they said as soon as payment has been accepted they will sent me confirmation of my hotel booking and a letter stating that they never recieved any money from 1800 hotels for my bank.

I will post the letter here as soon as i get it, should be within 24 hours. I hope i have no more trouble now with these guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jreddy

I booked my hotel for my honeymoon with 1800 hotels rang the hotel this morning an they said we are still booked an it has been paid for but we should ring the company that 1800 used. Rang them this morning an didnt get much information so sent an email this is what they sent back

"Hello Sharon,

At this time your reservation is still confirmed with the hotel and in our reservation system. Unfortunately we did not receive payment from 1800Hotels for your reservation. We are currently waiting to hear from our lawyers as to our standing with 1800Hotels. Until we have an update from them, we will not be taking any action with live reservations.

Please note that once we do hear from our lawyers your reservation may be cancelled. We should have a better response by the end of the week. My suggestion would be to call the hotel early next week to see if your reservation has been cancelled. I would also suggest contacting your credit card company and request a charge back for any payments made directly to 1800Hotels.

Best regards,

Matthew Anderson
    Mark International Coordinator
    The Mark Travel Corporation
    Ph: +1-414-934-3317 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jreddy

These quotes are from the managing director of 1800hotels

‎1800hotels Graham Peakin: “We have an application before US courts to ensure suppliers honour our bookings. We are taking an injunction against our two largest vendors to prevent them cancelling bookings for a 14 period to enable us go back into talks. It is not affecting all of our vendors, just two particularly large ones.”

‎1800hotels Graham Peakin: “The only reason we stopped taking bookings in Ireland is that we didn’t want to continue to take people’s money while this injunction against suppliers cancelling bookings is being sought in USA.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ebooger

That crook didn't have trouble taking people's money from around the world over the past several months as this company knew this was going to happen long before July 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jefar

I had to pay again. I was fortunate enough to get room in the same hotel.

What I am doing now:
    I have got the cancellation of reservation from the hotel.
    I have printed the reservation confirmation from the 1800hotels.ie
    I have written letter to explain what's happend.
    I am sending all above to AIB credit card branch in Dublin:

PO BOX 708
    Sandy Ford
    Dublin 18.

They saing they will try their best to recover the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AlfieF

jefar wrote: »
    I had to pay again. I was fortunate enough to get room in the same hotel.

What I am doing now:
    I have got the cancellation of reservation from the hotel.
    I have printed the reservation confirmation from the 1800hotels.ie
    I have written letter to explain what's happend.
    I am sending all above to AIB credit card branch in Dublin:

PO BOX 708
    Sandy Ford
    Dublin 18.

They saing they will try their best to recover the money.

Thats really great info Jefar, thanks a million. Our credit card company is AIB too so will be doing the same.

Thanks again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aidocore

murzd wrote: »

:

This is asking me for a password, do you have to be a member to use this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aidocore

New update on the site;

'1800Hotels.ie Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
    Tampa, FL (July 15, 2010) - 1800Hotels.ie filed for protection under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida. The company filed in order to protect customer hotel bookings and prevent the cancellation of the same by wholesale hotel reservation suppliers. It hopes to be able to preserve and protect those reservations and prevent such cancellations and then to restructure its debt, retain employees and resume customer service making the organization operationally stronger than before.

The company has also filed papers for the issuance of an injunction to protect customers from supplier cancellations. A United States Bankruptcy Court Judge agreed to grant a temporary stay preventing future cancellations by two of the company’s largest suppliers. Notwithstanding the Bankruptcy Court’s ruling, some customers may still experience room cancellations. All customers should contact their hotel directly to make sure that their reservation is not affected.

1800Hotels sincerely apologizes to any customer that experienced a cancellation. We are working diligently to protect both our customers and our employees. We will continue to pursue all legal alternatives to reduce any negative impact on our customers’ travel plans'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anybody who paid by Credit card will get their money back either from 1800hotles.ie (unlikely) or from the cc company themselves.
    Most CC companies insist you try and get the money back from the supplier first and then failing that, the cc company will refund you and they go after the supplier.
    There is a UK law that they all operate under (not widely known in Ireland though) but they are joint and severably liable if the supplier doesn't deliver.
    Which means if you try to get your money back and can't, the cc company will chase them for you and refund you your money.
    Different story if you've paid by Laser though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 doc84

i booked a hotel in new york for 5 nights in september. cost me 960 euro. I called the hotel and they dont have any reservation for me even though i booked it over a month ago with 1800hotels. does anyone know if it will eventually be booked or if i will be refunded. i do not know what to do. i cannot get through by phone or get a reply by email from 1800hotels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 banSHE

I booked a hotel in Italy for August. Heard yesterday of the 1800hotels crisis and rand my hotel (Who had no record of my booking) I booked in April and paid the full amount by Visa. My visa is with AIB and when I rang them today they said that they cannot guarantee that I will be refunded but they did ask me to send in a letter and an e-mail from TRAVCO. I was just reading some of the earleier posts and I see some people have been told they will definitly get their money back through Credit Card companies. Is that certain or do different banks have different policies?????? Plaease someone out there, let me know!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

I have contacted GTA again or are unbelievably unhelpful.

They said any bookings up to end of July have been cancelled but will not confirm via email this to me. She refused to actually. They say its up to 1800hotels to confirm this to me even though they know that 1800hotels are uncontactable, which she agreed with me.

So I have been told by my hotel that the reservation is still in place but they have not been paid so I am really in no mans land in claiming a chargeback even though its clear this money wont be paid to the hotel.

What can you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 XxcloudxX

jreddy wrote: »
    I booked my hotel for my honeymoon with 1800 hotels rang the hotel this morning an they said we are still booked an it has been paid for but we should ring the company that 1800 used. Rang them this morning an didnt get much information so sent an email this is what they sent back

"Hello Sharon,

At this time your reservation is still confirmed with the hotel and in our reservation system. Unfortunately we did not receive payment from 1800Hotels for your reservation. We are currently waiting to hear from our lawyers as to our standing with 1800Hotels. Until we have an update from them, we will not be taking any action with live reservations.

Please note that once we do hear from our lawyers your reservation may be cancelled. We should have a better response by the end of the week. My suggestion would be to call the hotel early next week to see if your reservation has been cancelled. I would also suggest contacting your credit card company and request a charge back for any payments made directly to 1800Hotels.

Best regards,

Matthew Anderson
    Mark International Coordinator
    The Mark Travel Corporation
    Ph: +1-414-934-3317 "

hey my hotel is booked through mark international aswell, just wondering if you have an email address for them that i can use, havent been very helpful over the phone.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Tommy Max wrote: »
    I have contacted GTA again or are unbelievably unhelpful.

They said any bookings up to end of July have been cancelled but will not confirm via email this to me. She refused to actually. They say its up to 1800hotels to confirm this to me even though they know that 1800hotels are uncontactable, which she agreed with me.

So I have been told by my hotel that the reservation is still in place but they have not been paid so I am really in no mans land in claiming a chargeback even though its clear this money wont be paid to the hotel.

What can you do?

To be fair I'd imagine the reason they will not confirm anything in writing is because they don't actually know what is going on with the other bookings.
    The contract is between the client and 1800 hotels so if GTA have not confirmed anything they cannot officially tell you anything as their contract is with 1800 and not the end client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 noonespecial

I just spoke to someone at HotelBeds basically if your booking is not canceled it will be, NO bookings with HotelBeds have been paid by 1800hotels.

If your booking says "Payable by Hotelbeds" you need to get your money back from your Credit Card Provider and rebook your hotel regardless of what the hotel says even if they say its still confirmed.

It will take HotelBeds a while to work through all the bookings and cancel them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 banSHE

Just got an e mail from Travco and they were just saying that they had to cancel as they had not recieved payment. They didnt refer to my case specifically which i had asked them to do ( i think i need them to say that on an e mail for the credit card company). It is just a nightmare. hope their e mail is enough for the bank. AIB who I have my Visa with said theat i need to send in all my documentation and an email from travco and even then they cant guarntee my money back. Are every bank saying this ???? cause I heard some banks are saying they will def have the money back to people within a month!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IndianSummer

I don't get it ....

Got this on Twitter ! As a direct message !

1800HOTELS
    Thanks for the follow! Check out our FB fanpage for more fun and promotions! http://www.facebook.com/1800hotels. See you there! about 11 hours ago

Are they still trading or not ??Is it safe ?:confused:

They are sending out marketing and promotions ...

XxcloudxX wrote: »
    hey my hotel is booked through mark international aswell, just wondering if you have an email address for them that i can use, havent been very helpful over the phone.

thanks

Support@tmtcintl.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I don't get it ....

I'd imagine that it's an automated message when you follow them. They probably have bigger things on their mind rather than adjusting their twitter feed settings :)

Ponster wrote: »
    I'd imagine that it's an automated message when you follow them. They probably have bigger things on their mind rather than adjusting their twitter feed settings :)

True ...but they had time last Tuesday to remove negative comments on the FB page.... but you are right ,both .com and .ie are not working :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I don't get it ....

Got this on Twitter ! As a direct message !

1800HOTELS
    Thanks for the follow! Check out our FB fanpage for more fun and promotions! http://www.facebook.com/1800hotels. See you there! about 11 hours ago

Are they still trading or not ??Is it safe ?:confused:

They are sending out marketing and promotions ...

I dont get why you are asking if its safe? have you read this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Vimto

Hi all

Just to let you know i paid via my Visa debit card from ulster bank... I have just rang 1890 252 968 and have been told that i will be entitled to a refund if i send them all the relevant documentation!

So there is hope for those who did not pay via credit card,

I'll just keep my fingers crossed until that money is back in my account then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

I got refunded by NIB too, had booked on my credit card.

Advertisement