Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Vetoing isn't stupid when it upsets the competitive balance of a league. No way is this close to fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Actually it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i vetoed it too, helu is in a 3 man running back committee, manning is top 10 qb if back to his best, got be a no2 rb at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

manafana wrote: »
    i vetoed it too, helu is in a 3 man running back committee, manning is top 10 qb if back to his best, got be a no2 rb at least.

Playing for Mike Shanahan ;) which makes Helu even less attractive

That man could do anything at RB

He hasn't even told his own team who's starting this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i have no problem with the trade. everyone is out to win at this stage, no trade should be vetoed imo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

wow, didn't think I'd stir up such controversy with that trade proposal.

The way I saw it was I get a backup QB who may only play one or 2 games in my team when Schaub has a bad matchup or a bye (even then only IF he can stay fit) for a decent RB (a position teams will likely need a halfway decent 3rd player as the season goes along).

i have no problem with the trade. everyone is out to win at this stage, no trade should be vetoed imo...

agree with that unless it's obvious there's collusion going on which isn't the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I'm OK with the trade aswell. Looking at the trade another way, what if Peyton goes down injured and Helu becomes the starting RB, who comes out on top then.

That said I probably would have looked for Tate if a 3rd RB was been given up.

and what if helu goes down injuryed. I know Qbs arnt as valuable, but this is a rb who might not even get 5 touches or some weeks might not get one so i cant have it for peyton.

Id give you thomas and think id be ripping you off and he should have more touches than helu

manafana wrote: »
    and what if helu goes down injuryed. I know Qbs arnt as valuable, but this is a rb who might not even get 5 touches or some weeks might not get one so i cant have it for peyton.

Id give you thomas and think id be ripping you off and he should have more touches than helu

I don't get why you're so concerned about the value here. I thought vetoes aren't meant to address value, just collusion. If both trading partners are happy and aren't colluding to make one team much better at the expense of the other then why interfere?

Also, the way you see the trade it's actually helping you as you think the team in your division is getting the weaker side of the deal.

• Advertisement

its their to stop one sided trades too, this trade is one sided so i vetoed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'm not in this league but fwiw, the Football Outsiders fantasy rankings, which I'm using, have Manning and Helu ranked similarly. While Manning is being picked around 60th on average, FO rank him a lot lower (100th overall), I think to represent the above-average risk of injury. And while Helu is going around 110th overall, FO rank him a bit higher (105th overall).

For people ranking Manning a lot higher, I think they're slightly mixing up absolute vs. relative value. Fantasy value is really determined relative to a player's position. Manning will score a lot more points than Helu for sure, but QB is a lot deeper than RB, and there are much better replacement players for Manning.

So I don't think it was correct to veto the trade. You can argue a bit about value, and no trade will be exactly equal, but to me it's not such an outrageous difference that it would warrant a veto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Out of interest who do both teams have on their rosters at both QB and RB pre trade?

Vick, Manning and Gabbert at QB. Spiller, M Bush, Felix Jones and Hillman at RB.

He has Schaub at QB. Turner, Tate, Helu and MJD at RB.

For the record I'm probably underrating Manning and overrating Helu (which I seem to always do at RB), but I really don't think it's enough to veto.

Out of interest how many votes does it take to block a trade?

Masked Man wrote: »
    Vick, Manning and Gabbert at QB. Spiller, M Bush, Felix Jones and Hillman at RB.

He has Schaub at QB. Turner, Tate, Helu and MJD at RB.

For the record I'm probably underrating Manning and overrating Helu (which I seem to always do at RB), but I really don't think it's enough to veto.

Way i see it for what its worth is that the fact that team A has 2 other starting QBs but weak at RB and the other Has only Schaub and 2 starters and 2 rotations the trade seems fair. As neither team is strengthened or weakened unfairly. If anyone want to see what I mean by that go to the charter thread for my example. There is only a slight increase and decrease in both teams strengths with this trade but levels both teams needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Kevin Ogletree on my bench and he gets the first touchdown of the season. God Damn it!!

Kevin Ogletree on my bench and he gets the first touchdown of the season. God Damn it!!

Only the first?? :P. Nothing worse than when you have a 20 point guy on your bench. I feel your pain.

johnmcdnl wrote: »

Only the first?? :P. Nothing worse than when you have a 20 point guy on your bench. I feel your pain.

Considering I missed the Draft and have an extremely weak team, I need free agents to do the business for me this year so I don't get relegated. The fact he was a free agent and scored that many points is heartbreaking! I just hope he's a consistent performer.

Manning deal looks a little worse for me now. Picked up Ridley off waivers. Have 4 patriots now.

Bit stuck with who to start at RB. Have to pick 2 from M Bush, Spiller, Helu, and Ridley. Thinking Bush and probably Ridley.

• Advertisement

Manning deal looks a little worse for me now. Picked up Ridley off waivers. Have 4 patriots now.

Bit stuck with who to start at RB. Have to pick 2 from M Bush, Spiller, Helu, and Ridley. Thinking Bush and probably Ridley.

I had a request in for Ridley too to replace Helu. Too many receivers and not enough HBs on my squad. Have a good waiver priority now though so have a good shout at any breakout RBs after Sunday.

How on earth was Ridley a free agent :eek:

McG wrote: »
    I had a request in for Ridley too to replace Helu. Too many receivers and not enough HBs on my squad. Have a good waiver priority now though so have a good shout at any breakout RBs after Sunday.

I knew I got lucky with waiver priority. I was 2nd and the guy in 1st had a strong group of RBs.
    CoachTO wrote: »
    How on earth was Ridley a free agent :eek:

I'm not really sure. Hairy Nipples 87 missed the draft and was busy in FA, I can't figure out why he dropped Ridley though. Mike Tolbert was added when he was dropped.

I'm not really sure. Hairy Nipples 87 missed the draft and was busy in FA, I can't figure out why he dropped Ridley though. Mike Tolbert was added when he was dropped.

Mad a guy who will see most of the teams carries for a FB sharing with 2 other RB.

Looking like it's going to be a very close opening weekend for me. Currently up 55.76-49.22 against the Snue Gliffers - problem is he has RBs in Jonathon Dwyer and Ronnie Brown along with Mike Wallace to go against Darius Heyward-Bey and Antonio Gates for me.

Jonathon Dwyer (never heard tell of him tbh) is looking like he's going to be backup to Isaac Redman - hopefully as I really don't want 2 starting RBs against me :o

Ronnie Brown is looking like he's going to be starting for the Chargers as Ryan Matthews is out injured for the first few weeks - he's the guy I'm really worried about as the Raiders were **** against the run last year so I can see him picking up some good points and maybe even a touchdown which would really boost the Gliffers chances this week.

And Mike Wallace - stud WR but after the holdout, hoping him and Big Ben won't have the chemistry and Ben with stay away from him but he has the potential to put up good numbers as well.

I have Antonio Gates who I'm hoping will have a big game against the Raiders and can hopefully pull in a TD but will hopefully be good enough to get 60-70 yards at least to boost my numbers.

And Darrius Heyward-Bey - god knows with him tbh - 40-50 yards I'd be happy and who knows he might get open down field and pull in a TD but won't be holding my breath waiting on that.

So ideally I'm hoping for a Bronoco's blowout later tonight to prevent the 2 Steelers guys from getting any real production and then a big game from Gates on Monday night.

Have 8 points wasted on the bench with Alex Smith outscoring Andrew Luck 17-9 so that could come back to haunt me and worse of all Fred Jackson has a knee injury that made me only score 1.5 points today and worst case scenario could be out for the next couple of games depending on the results of a scan tommorrow.

Currently NFL has me projected to win 75-60 odd points but I'll believe that when I see it :o Ah the joys of fantasy football :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Think I've won my game against manafana. On 95 points with Rivers and Boldin to go. Great start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

lost my opening match, apart from DeAngelo Williams who only got 5 carries i think all game :eek:, most off my offence posted some decent yardage, just a lack of TD's let me down. Taught Jackson and Celek might have got even 1 for the Eagles. won my 1st game last year and lost my next 5 so hopefully it'll be reversed this year.

Stevan ****ing Ridley ladies and gentlemen. My all Pats offence strategy is working out well so far. Torrey Smith can mess up two leagues for me though.

I forgot how much of a headache FF can be. Spiller on my bench beasted after Fred Jackson got injured. Picking 2 rbs next week is gonna be a bitch. Might take a gamble on Randy Moss as well.

I have made some awful decisions indeed. Was unaware of Steven Ridleys place on that Pats team. I still assumed Ben Jarvis Green Ellis was still carrying the ball for the Pats and Blount for the Bucs but looks like their new running back is gonna be the number 1. It's been quite hard to manage my team as its not the players I would have chosen I'm not too far off my competitor. Although he has McFadden who is bound to produce big numbers this season. Hoping A J Green has a good game against the Ravens.

• Advertisement

So Fred Jackson is out for the next 3-4 weeks for me by the looks of it :(

I have Donald Brown the Colts RB in at backup for the next few weeks so - problem is week 4 he's on his bye week so need to find a replacement by then for that.

I'll be putting Brown up for trade for any semi reliable backup RB for anyone that's interested around week 3 so if anyone wants to do a trade let me know anyways :)

As for tonight - Ronnie Brown vs my Gates and Heyward-Bey - currently down by 10 so it's looking like it's going to be very close. I need a TD from either my guys at least tbh or else some huge yardage. Think Brown is going to get about 9-10 points total but just hopping he doesn't get near the goalline or else it's probably going to be game over. So I need 20 points between my 2 guys. Asking for too much amn't I :o

Advertisement