Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indoor or Outdoor Aerial

• 24-11-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm new here and was just wondering if you could help with something. I am about to buy a Saorview approved 24 inch LED tv with freeview. I will be installing it in my bedroom and have no indoor aerial upstairs, I do however have a digital aerial on the roof as well as a sky dish on the outside of my bedroom. Will I still need an indoor aerial or can the signal be received from the roof? Also, will the Sky dish cause any interference with the signal since it's outside the bedroom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,

Gary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Hi Gary and welcome to boards. First off there is no such thing as a digital aerial. UHF aerials are blind to the type of signal carried be it digital or analogue.

The Sky dish won't have any effect on your terrestrial aerial reception.

If you have a roof aerial an indoor aerial isn't required. Is the roof aerial connected to other TVs or STBs in the house for Saorview reception now? If so how is it routed to other receivers in the house?

The aerial feed can be split with a splitter if the signal is good enough or via a distribution amp to a number of TV points.

http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/step-2-check-aerial/

BTW: the terrestrial forum is the proper place for Saorview related questions

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GaryD999

Hi Cush,

Thanks for your swift reply. I have one connection between the rooftop aerial and the downstairs tv. I have no wiring into my bedroom. My final question is, Will the new saorview tv pick up the signal directly from the roof without any extra equipment?

Yours gratefully,

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

GaryD999 wrote: »
    My final question is, Will the new saorview tv pick up the signal directly from the roof without any extra equipment?

A Saorview TV requires no extra equipment other than the aerial feed.

Advertisement