Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lagunitas coming Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Guinness is very popular too, as is that Budweiser beer I hear a lot about.

Never heard of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

faceman wrote: »
    I'm in Calfornia again enjoying the Lagunitas at the moment. (Im here about 5 times a year) Do we know what variety in it we'll get?

I was enjoying some of the dark honey bottles last night. Not for the faint hearted!

As for my comment about Sierra Nevada,I personally think it's over rated and very much over priced in Dublin. Only one of my California friends drinks it, the rest stick with other beers. Lagunitas is very popular.

What is dark honey, Brown Shugga?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ipso wrote: »
    What is dark honey, Brown Shugga?

Yes sorry. Getting my names mixed up. First time to have that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Anyone seen these in other shops than Drinkstore? I'm southside and wouldn't mind a Thursday evening sumpin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd be surprised if Redmond's and Deveney's didn't have them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Are they better than the ones Weatherspoons sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hollands in Bray are getting them sometime this week according to their Facebook.

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Redmond's and Deveney's didn't have them.

Will report back on this later.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

RasTa wrote: »
    Are they better than the ones Weatherspoons sell?

Seems that lagnitas IPA, pale ale and little sumpin are available now.

Witherspoons have the pale ale which i'm not mad about. Not mad about the IPA either.

Sumpin, Maximus IPA, Hop Stoopid and brown shugga are so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Sucks is quite good too, a bit like Hop Stoopid. Their Sumpin extra is nicer than the regular one.
    Had their Night Time Ale again recently, I enjoyed it more this time even though it has a similar after taste to the IPA.

• Advertisement

Ipso wrote: »
    Sucks is quite good too, a bit like Hop Stoopid. Their Sumpin extra is nicer than the regular one.
    Had their Night Time Ale again recently, I enjoyed it more this time even though it has a similar after taste to the IPA.

Haven't had sucks, I hope they send it here. Not a fan of sumpin extra I think its a little too harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Have to track down Lil sumpin for the weekend. Wonder would Sweeneys in Phibsboro stock it. Nearest decent off licence to me.

We need Russian river and boneyard to expand, we need their beers here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

McHughs are saying they'll have Lagunitas in stock tomorrow.

Son0vagun wrote: »
    McHughs are saying they'll have Lagunitas in stock tomorrow.

Is that on the malahide road near the Artane roundabout? If it is I'll have to swing by on my way home tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Is that on the malahide road near the Artane roundabout? If it is I'll have to swing by on my way home tomorrow.

Yes it is, they also have a branch in Kilbarrack

All three beers available in Redmonds, weren't on the shelf yet though.

No sign in Baggot Street Wines yet and the staff was busy so didn't get to ask.

BMJD wrote: »
    Yes it is, they also have a branch in Kilbarrack

Nice one, thanks. Just hope I can pick some up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Spotted them in the Mace beside St James hospital this evening, will be picking some up tomorrow for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The IPA is available in the Blackbird in Rathmines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

That Little Sumpin Sumpin Wheat IPA is lovely.

Tap take over in the Blackbird in rathmines tomorrow, free booze apparently. The owner and the head brewer will be there. The cappuccino stout is in action! Smashing.

Tap take over in the Blackbird in rathmines tomorrow, free booze apparently. The owner and the head brewer will be there. The cappuccino stout is in action! Smashing.

Ooooh!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

They'll be in The Salt House, Galway on Friday then.

whe8te.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Bradley's of North Main Street in Cork city have the IPA, APA and Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale which I picked up and can't wait to try to see why ye all raving about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just having a pint of the ipa in the porterhouse central, it's one beautiful ipa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Three taps being prepared in Salthouse on Thur night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Free pints of IPA and cappuccino stout going down very well in the Salt House.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Free pints of IPA and cappuccino stout going down very well in the Salt House.

That cappuccino stout is unreal enjoy!!

• Advertisement

Was in a bar in Dublin that had Lagunitas on draft but they would only serve it in 350ml glasses! No pints!

Advertisement