Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think they should reserve the megas for a select few like legendaries and the likes or just go the whole hog and give a mega to every fully evolved pokemon already. It's just a bit Random with the megas they're allocating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Seeing as Beedrill gets one, I have to assume we'll be seeing Mega Butterfree somewhere down the line too. It does seem to be (gradually) going the way of everything getting one eventually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This is before the starters assumingly get one too. I think Blaziken already has one.
    Apparently you can have wild encounters in the sky while flying too(although it hasn't been fully explained yet). Cue Zubat joke

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well the Hoenn starters have all got one, Blaziken was in XY, the other two were announced months ago.

Actually, thinking about it, No Guard seems like a really strange ability for Pidgeot. It doesn't really learn many low accuracy moves, Hurricane at 70% is the lowest with everything else being 90, 95, or 100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Angron wrote: »
    Actually, thinking about it, No Guard seems like a really strange ability for Pidgeot. It doesn't really learn many low accuracy moves, Hurricane at 70% is the lowest with everything else being 90, 95, or 100.

100% accurate Stone edges, Rock slides, Blizzards and Thunders coupled with it's garbage speed (even with a 30 point buff it will be out sped by common threats) will make this poke competitively useless.

Well a 30 boost wouldn't be too bad, it'd bring it up to 131 base speed which outspeeds a fair bit. Even so, the drawbacks for Pidgeot really heavily outweigh any benefits in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

stelix and galade now. yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Angron wrote: »

The flying looks cool assuming that you can fly and land anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Anyone get their demo codes yet? Any spares?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

you can register for a lottery here :
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/download_pokemon_omega_ruby_and_alpha_sapphire_special_demo_version

You'll need to use a VPN to spoof a UK address if you're not in the UK
    If you've ever had any success creating a fake nintendoZone for streetpassing, you could try SSID NintendoSpotPass5 and password Pokemon01 to see if you can get a GAME one.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Demo code for ye: A05RKJTY074WJLCV

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Colham wrote: »
    Demo code for ye: A05RKJTY074WJLCV

<3 Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So where are people pre ordering this ? Amazon works out at just under €40, anyone see any better deals around

It's actually being bought for me for my birthday, so I dunno where it's actually being gotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Argos will have it 43, symths for 45, for those like me who want to enjoy buying it in a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Kinda torn on this one. Hoenn was always my least favourite region (until Kalos!) and I don't have the nostalgia for this that I do for the first two generations. I remember enjoying the game but it never left a huge impression on me.

And yet, I still sort of want it. Gotta get that Pokemon fix. And I'll probably end up sinking 50+ hours into it.

Maybe I should just restart the original... I still have my copy of Ruby on my shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You can order it on Rakuten for £34ish with delivery, + there are codes floating around (eg GIFTS10 should give a tenner off) but I'm not actually buying it so I can't confirm they'll process the order :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Heading to the pokemon center in the morning to pick up a copy and one of the new 3DS's. Well hopefully, I've no preorder but we'll see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The hype for this has really gone off a cliff lately. Completely forgot it was out so soon.

****s sake. I'm in new york on the 26th - 31st, have to wait for the 1st to get it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The hype for this has really gone off a cliff lately. Completely forgot it was out so soon.

it's because everyone is sick of mega evos

Mega spoilers about the games from the leaks now the game is out, so I'll spoiler it
    So ORAS are set in a different universe than the original RS. And in fact, the delta episode is about you saving the original Hoenn from RS. And its heavily implied that in regards to the two timelines, the original timeline doesn't have mega pokemon. So could be a way to revert back if people didn't like megas?

cloud493 wrote: »
    ****s sake. I'm in new york on the 26th - 31st, have to wait for the 1st to get it :mad:
    I have an assessment in college on the 28th, so I dunno if I'll be able to go home to get my copy of it. Bit annoying having late assessments on Fridays.

That sucks :( I could download it of course, but I only go digital only if theres no other option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I go digital because I'm too lazy to go to the shop :pac:

Much handier having everything in the one place too.

:)

Didn't get the 3DS as it was preorder only but happy to get the games and shook hands with Masuda :P

Lucky man :p I'm trying to think of any possible way to get it early, but I got nothing. Even connecting to the US e-shop won't work, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Been playing world of warcraft and study week starts when pokemon comes out. Doubt I'll be looking at it until christmas anyway. Would just download it from eshop but it tends to be a decent bit more.

Advertisement