Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options
1143144145146147149»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Is must be some sort of automated script - something running in a loop checking constantly if a radartracker website records a plane flying close to him or something like that- it fills out an online form and submits it.

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Clearly a disturbed individual, that's not normal behaviour by any standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Fatnacho

Big fire on the derelict building site beside the Clonsilla Applegreen last night. Seems to be a lot of anti-social behaviour around it the past few weeks. Could be an insurance job to get money back. Whoever is to blame is pretty irresponsible though considering how close it is to a petrol station.

Reports of a very serious stabbings of a man in Ongar at 7pm, seems to have been outside Dominos Pizza by the arch into Dunnes.

Other details have been posted on social media, but are not verifiable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Unfortunately he passed away. May he rest in peace.

Man in his 40s dies after attack in Ongar area of Dublin

Yeah there was speculation when I heard it, but as the media has it now it's obviously confirmed.

What an awful incident, may he rest in peace.

Its probably a discussion for another day, but general anti-social behaviour issues in and around Ongar village needs serious attention and community action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

That's **** terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

It certainly does, especially out on the fringes where Ongar is, but they can't be on every corner and the reports of this are a tragic and explosive incident which perhaps no police presence could have prevented.

Thankfully there had been a speedy arrest and hopefully swift justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭donaghs

The teenager apparently turned himself in.

You hear a lot of anti-social behaviour stories about Ongar. RIP

As a person has been charged, that's the last we can say about it until an eventual trial concludes.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭danfrancisco83

I've been in Ongar village a few times, but never later than 7/8pm. Has it gotten worse or is that just anecdotal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

It's a bit restless on weekends, especially around the village square/playground/woods area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Ongar for me is just going the same way as all these built up areas the kids of a few years ago are now teens and hanging around with all the usual problems that go with that .When I do go for a walk around the green areas almost every time I see some sort of drug deal going down .Its a great pity when we are told how so well educated we are that so many get involved with drugs and the dangers to them and their famlies that brings .

Education is irrelevant. A police presence putting constant heat on a location is all that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Any idea what was happening in Chapelizod today, road closed with garda presence from the junction with the Phoenix Park/Strawberry Beds? That was at 14:30 so had to d-tour through the park and then on way back at around 17:30 road was still closed with barrier and garda car still stationed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭danfrancisco83

Lots of sirens and police chopper just a few minutes ago near Ongar, wonder what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Monday of this week, 5 youths smashed in the front windows and attempted to kick in the door of a house in Clonsilla at approx 9pm (so still daylight), as well as breaking a window of a car parked in the driveway.

The increasing lawlessness is by no means limited to the city centre, it would seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Any ideas where in Clonsilla this was (I don't mean specific address)?

I'll narrow it down to say it was in one of the Limelawn/Aspen/Sorrel estates if that's any help? I'd prefer not to be any more specific than that.

Any info as to whether this was a random attack or deliberate targeting for some reason?

Not really in the business of speculation, I posted simply to report the facts of the incident of which I'm aware.

I didn't ask for speculation, I asked was there information. If there is not, I didn't expect someone to go making it up.

Short of asking those directly involved, anything that could be offered would be speculation. And even if there was something more concrete indicating targeting, posting it here would have the potential to be defamatory to those involved, something in which I also have no interest, so I'll limit myself to the facts as already stated.

A man in his 40's has reportedly been shot and wounded in the neck, in an attack on him at an obviously busy Browne's Steakhouse on Main Street, Blanchardstown.

Happy Christmas D15ers.

Edit: Update at 22.40

Gardaí have confirmed one fatality of a man in his 20s, while a man in his 40s receives treatment for serious gunshot wounds at Connolly Hospital.

Post edited by Larbre34 on

Advertisement