Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Absent parents

Options
  • 25-10-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

My daughters Dad hasn't seen her since she was a toddler, she's 13 now. She seems fine with the situation, it's me who had the problem with it! How do others reconcile themselves with their situation? It certainly hasn't gotten easier with the years, harder really as time goes on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I just remind myself that he's a not very nice person and wouldn't add anything of benefit to our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Op be proud of what you have achieved on your own by raising your daughter.
    You did that with no help from him so feic him.
    It's a pity for your daughter but you can't change it. Just be happy and be at peace with what you have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

My housemate hasn't seen his daughter for 3 years even though she is 21.I keep asking him why and he says the ex-wife turned the daughter against him.I just don't understand that.the ex-wife is living with another man who split up from his wife and kids for her and she left my housemate when they were married for him.
    Now he is a taxi driver and a nice guy but none of his friends even liked her before they got married.

But i still don't get him not talking to his daughter.

confused

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

my ex and i have split up since xmas last year after i caught her cheating while i was looking after our daughter.
    now what do have all the women have to say now.
    i'm a good dad to her but now only get to see her twice a week even though the mother is a bad mother.explain the injustice in this country towards single men with kids because i don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

murphyaii wrote: »
    My housemate hasn't seen his daughter for 3 years even though she is 21.I keep asking him why and he says the ex-wife turned the daughter against him.I just don't understand that.the ex-wife is living with another man who split up from his wife and kids for her and she left my housemate when they were married for him.
    Now he is a taxi driver and a nice guy but none of his friends even liked her before they got married.

But i still don't get him not talking to his daughter.

confused

Why is that any of your business?
    murphyaii wrote: »
    my ex and i have split up since xmas last year after i caught her cheating while i was looking after our daughter.
    now what do have all the women have to say now.
    i'm a good dad to her but now only get to see her twice a week even though the mother is a bad mother.explain the injustice in this country towards single men with kids because i don't get it.

That's between you and the mother. Also, cheating doesn't make her a bad mother, it makes her a bad girlfriend/wife.

OP, just think about it as the father would not make your life any better or any easier. There is a reason you split up. Your daughter is probably a lot happier and better of in a safe home with one parent, than a toxic home with two incompatible parents. As a daughter of a single mother, I know my father but I would not want him in our lives. I had once the misfortune of spending the weekend in a house of two parents who did not love each other. It was horrifying to watch just for those few days, nevermind live with and given the amount of issues the two children had, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement