Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What way you pay?

• 08-08-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So I am thinking of coming back to wow. I was wondering what way you pay lads. Do you just sub to blizzard directly or use game time codes? I sow a few online retailers selling wow codes, but is it worth it? If you do use codes, where do you get them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I guess no one pays for WoW these days... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I buy 60 day cards online for 21 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I buy game time as the game never really holds me for too long anymore

I buy 60 day cards online for 21 euro.

Who you buy it from? There are no region restrictions for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I bought a yearly sub which ran out in May and have been paying monthly when I feel like it as don't have much time to play anymore. Purchased directly from blizzard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Who you buy it from? There are no region restrictions for that?

From here. They email you a picture of the code after a few hours. Have bought 2 cards from them twice and no issues with all 4. For Europe only but I think they also have US.

http://cardscodes.com/World_Of_Warcraft_60_Day_Prepaid_Card_EUROPE-34.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I pay monthly but cancel the sub after purchasing so I can just buy a month here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

From here. They email you a picture of the code after a few hours. Have bought 2 cards from them twice and no issues with all 4. For Europe only but I think they also have US.

Bought from these guys few days ago, email came within the hour, great price! Even better than the 6month blizzard discount

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I pay by card for the sake of handiness but the prices on that link above look tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I have it hooked in to my veins i.e. the bank account via card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I pay monthly but cancel the sub after purchasing so I can just buy a month here and there.

https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-game-time

Save you the bother of having to cancel each time.

Cheers. I will get that next time. I ended up just getting one month of Blizzard directly. I am moving out on 1st September and I dont know how long it will take eircom to reconnect my internet. If its all grand I will pop the 60 day card.

I am actually enjoying myself in Wow now. Started a fresh character on new server. In a guild with a few buddies, who do flexible raids. With new expansion and flexy raids, I might actually stick with Wow this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Really enjoying WoW again myself.
    was always a dps class but going with pally tank, made a new char last week and alreadly lvl 71 after 30 hours! great craic with a totally new play style

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

KilOit wrote: »
    Really enjoying WoW again myself.
    was always a dps class but going with pally tank, made a new char last week and alreadly lvl 71 after 30 hours! great craic with a totally new play style

You should eventually try healing as unlike dps and tank you are competing with stupid players to keep them alive. It's totally a new game compared to dps and tanking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Early game healing is stupidly easy though. I'm at 40 or so with my priest, all through dungeons, and the only time i had any trouble was when the tank insisted that tanking with a 2 hander was the right way to tank. We still managed, just had to do much more than just spam renew.

Hoping things get a bit tougher from Scholo on upwards.

I hate to break it to ya Kiith...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

These games are made for the content at end level, healer really doesn't come into its own then. The balance for most classes before then is screwed.

I am actually leveling as healer mostly since I came back. Disc Priest is a lot of fun. I am only level 74 and it is super easy so far. Unless we do instance with No tank.
    Not liking Shadow Priests one bit though. As soon as I got it max level ( my first one too lol ), I think I will be get Pally up again. I really hate that my friends switched to alliance. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

They completely buffed all classes going through the levelling process, where basically you never run out of mana anymore.

So healing is extremely easy now, since you have unreal mana regen and should in theory never run OOM while levelling. There was also buffs made to heals themselves.

You don't even need to CC anything </3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

I pay direct debit from the card, it comes out twice yearly, I think I might have a closer look at that website though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I have started playing for the first time since ehhhhh 2005 lol. Really getting into it but how do I get into groups of friendly players to quest with etc?

So I got it off them just now. took abour 30 minutes to get a code. Happy out. cant go wrong with 21eu 60 day card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

So I got it off them just now. took abour 30 minutes to get a code. Happy out. cant go wrong with 21eu 60 day card.

I just bought from there too. Simple, took about 40 minutes for me. Thanks for the link. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

http://www.go2arena.com/ get mine here all the time never had to wait more than 4 minutes to get my code

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Thanks for the link.
    I always pay with card but as soon my game time ends i will be trying this one and see how it goes =)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

KilOit wrote: »
    Bought from these guys few days ago, email came within the hour, great price! Even better than the 6month blizzard discount

Was just seeing that - thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Btw did any of your register at the site to buy the game time card? (yes, i know its not mandatory. Just curious, i guess.)

Advertisement