Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problem with Samsung Galaxy SIII on 3 Mobile - Water Damage

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 simo_gu

My phone has been returned from Phonemenders as being _quotBeyond Economical Repair_quot due to liquid damage. I will start by saying my phone has never been in any wet contitions or near any sizeable quantity of water. I have images from Fonmenders which shows very localised damage in one portion of the motherboard. This location is to the right of the battery towards the bottom of the phone which is the exact location the side of the phone comes into contact with the palm of my hand when in use. It would appear the device has been rendered useless from moisture from my hand. This would suggest Samsung are selling a product which is not fit for purpose if moisture from my hand would damage the device. I would expect this issue to be rectified and my warranty honoured as I did not even get 1 years use from the phone. I have also tried to contact Samsung by phone but this has proved futile. I have several Samsung products and am concerned about any future purchases by this issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

That statement equals:

I dropped my phone in a pint while pissed, stuck it in the microwave to dry it out and it blew up.

I tried to fake it and say it randomly blew up a publicly had a pop at the manufacturer to get the to replace it

Here Samsung, have me balls on this silver platter:::

Exactly. How thick do you have to be, not to realise that Samsung are going to thoroughly investigate an exploding phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ccgarrett

I too have had an issue with my Galaxy S III and what I call perspiration. I spent about an hour and a half working in the yard today with it in my front pocket and it buzzed like I had a message. When I took it out the screen was dead. Since it was less than 2 weeks old I took it back to the Verizon store I purchased it from and when the sales guy opened it up it was wet inside the phone. The phone had not been exposed to water and was inside an OtterBox case. There wasn't any moisture on the inside of the OtterBox case so it is my opinion that there is a perpiration problem with the phone that causes them to quit working if you have them in you pocket in the heat. Of course the sales guy denied that this could even happen. Luckily I had bought the insurance so that I just had to pay the deductable to get a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

ccgarrett wrote: »
    I too have had an issue with my Galaxy S III and what I call perspiration. I spent about an hour and a half working in the yard today with it in my front pocket and it buzzed like I had a message. When I took it out the screen was dead. Since it was less than 2 weeks old I took it back to the Verizon store I purchased it from and when the sales guy opened it up it was wet inside the phone. The phone had not been exposed to water and was inside an OtterBox case. There wasn't any moisture on the inside of the OtterBox case so it is my opinion that there is a perpiration problem with the phone that causes them to quit working if you have them in you pocket in the heat. Of course the sales guy denied that this could even happen. Luckily I had bought the insurance so that I just had to pay the deductable to get a new phone.
    I don't see how this could happen either, I have never heard of an electrical item perspiring......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

ccgarrett wrote: »

The Verizon store?? The deductable? So you're either a random American guy trawling the net looking for places to b*tch about Samsung products or you're an Irish guy who copied and pasted from an American forum.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The Verizon store?? The deductable? So you're either a random American guy trawling the net looking for places to b*tch about Samsung products or you're an Irish guy who copied and pasted from an American forum.

Why?

Maybe he googled "Samsung Galaxy SIII water damage" and this thread came up in the results...it's not that unfathomable. No need to be so rude.

Advertisement