Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The YooToob thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Oh man, I know he was being an ass hat, but I felt really bad for this guy.... What an expensive morning for him....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Drift mode in fwd car... ffs what is wrong with some car manufacturers. All these cars are rubbish, every single Octavia RS, Golf GTI, Focus RS... just useless cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'd say the car was perfectly fine until the driver got in...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Diabhalta wrote: »
    Drift mode in fwd car... ffs what is wrong with some car manufacturers. All these cars are rubbish, every single Octavia RS, Golf GTI, Focus RS... just useless cars.

The Focus RS is AWD...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Needles73

The 2016 focus RS is 4 wheel drive unlike older models

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

This is the reason I read this forum. Gold like this that makes me laugh out loud.

4WD... even better... Group B? I don't think so.

Scrap them all.

RS drivers will be able to use a switch to toggle the Focus between four different driving modes – Normal, Sport or Track settings are pretty self-explanatory, but the fourth mode, Drift, is where the real fun begins. It sends more power to the rear wheels, as well as using the individual brakes, to help the driver slide and slip the car in broad four-wheel-drifts. Only under controlled circumstances, of course…

€55 000 for this loads of horsesh*t ... what a waste of money and petrol.

If you want to go drifting, get a RWD for a fraction of the price. E46 will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

On a circuit that suited the benetton and Senna still gets the pole. One of Senna lesser known final amazing feats imo. I love the 101% on the last corner...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Wossack

morto

each to their own, I personally will never understand why people bother wasting time, money and petrol on fwd cars (in some cases 4wd with some stupid drift mode bollox). All those new boring hatchbacks are just regular cars on stereoids. Pointless and very uncool from my point of view.

Chris Harris bought an E30 and had fun with it? Well it obviously can't be a Golf GTI right... because that would be complete waste of time, money and petrol :cool:

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have done a couple of Rally's event's in small FWD cars and you can be sure they go sideways just as nicely as a RWD car.

while pulling the handbrake all the time... well... :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

while pulling the handbrake all the time... well... :D
    Oh my FWD will certainly go sideways if you lift off mid corner. Generally adopts a neutral to oversteer stance too. And when the going gets twisty even in my mediocre hands can seriously embarrass many a RWD, including those with more power .

FWD/RWD/AWD? I've driven godawful examples of FWD/RWD/AWD and I've driven good ones. Depends entirely on the car. A good one of any stripe is a good car regardless of the wheels being driven. IMH the FWD/RWD/AWD debate ran out of puff for me when I left secondary school.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

each to their own, I personally will never understand why people bother wasting time, money and petrol on fwd cars (in some cases 4wd with some stupid drift mode bollox). All those new boring hatchbacks are just regular cars on stereoids. Pointless and very uncool from my point of view.

Chris Harris bought an E30 and had fun with it? Well it obviously can't be a Golf GTI right... because that would be complete waste of time, money and petrol :cool:

What on earth are you on about man? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

sneakyST wrote: »

Yeah, and what on earth is he on?

The terror in his voice before the big moment.......

sneakyST wrote: »

still this:

All these cars are rubbish, every single Octavia RS, Golf GTI, Focus RS... just useless cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

What sort of nerve did you hit Diabhalta?

You say 'each to their own' then moan for post after post about useless FWD cars, you didn't even know the Focus RS was AWD.

As shown below, usually, it's down to the driver, not the car.

What do you drive anyways?

Out of interest, I have a Civic 1.8 ES, sure as hell every bit as good in the twisties as any rear wheel I've driven.

I don't really care, I just don't find fwd sports cars interesting in any way, that is all. Especially those RS editions and other stupid stuff that is nothing but a stock car with more horsepower and few upgrades. Like rear spoiler for example... on a fwd car... that is ridiculous. Most hilarious are boyracers in Civics with some huge wing, loud back box etc. What a joke. The best thing is they think they are cool but they are complete opposite. Bunch of clowns is what they are.

I know absolutely nothing about any Focus RS. I also know nothing about AUDIs, defo nothing about Volkswagens, Hondas etc.. I am not interested in boring cars. I don't find interesting cars with some badge on them that supposedly make them special.

I drive an E30 318is (LSD diff with worn friction plates atm.) and a 1979 Reliant Scimitar GTE (Essex engine... that is v6 3.0 litres of lovely rumble).

In my opinion fwd cars are shopping trolleys and nothing else. Golf GTI? Shopping trolley that goes fast. How cool is that :D ... If you want to have some fun, get a rwd. Very simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

A real sense of speed with this one, among the tons of autobahn youtube vids. Some guts to be hitting these mphs...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

I know absolutely nothing..... I also know nothing about......defo nothing about .......

Most sense you've talked all year :D

tossy wrote: »

All of the above have probably smoked him at the lights in his 318 & GTE, so has good reason not to want to know anything about them. :D

tossy wrote: »

like I said, I am not interested in cars I consider boring. Renalt Clio is a French FWD car. Renault Clio RS is a French FWD car that goes a bit quicker. So you get to Tescos quicker.
    All of the above have probably smoked him at the lights in his 318 & GTE, so has good reason not to want to know anything about them. :D

Any stock 1.9TDI s**tmobile is faster than my cars. guess what... they have no style. Do you think people will be looking at some stupid Mondeo (that has bigger wheels, some bodykit) at traffic lights, or my GTE? ;) ... "wow, look at that Mondeo!" ... said no one ever :D

It's more than obvious who has more fun in this vid.

1:38 ... really? ... Golf at 2:35, I just can't stop laughing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

You're talking some drivel there lad...

Ever heard of an opinion? They're like bumholes, we've all got one, but they mostly just spew out shíte..

While I don't particularly hold much love for golfs etc, I can't discount the fact that most - if not all - of the cars you are lambasting have their own endearing qualities and are very good at what they do.

Ever driven a fwd Renault clio/Megane sport? They've got a fcuking excellent chassis.

Keep your scimitar - I wouldn't have one to put chickens in but - each to their own ;)

Advertisement