Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

...2 sets of athletics on BBC today...1st up is highlights of diamond league in Monaco, then the anniversary games in London...
    ...And spoiler, a world record smashed in one of the races in Monaco...

Healy @2.15
    Barr @ 3.25
    4x100@ 1.30 (tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Are the anniversary games in London online?

Phil Healy likely lost her sharpness.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Phil Healy likely lost her sharpness.

Her 11.28 was with a +2.0 while this was -0.4 second head wind

Races are actually quite comparable which bodes well given it's her 3rd race of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Just catching up with the athletics results over the past month or so. Some amazing performances and lots of new names this year.

A bit depressing though when you see the DOB's of some of these young athletes.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Some last 100 metres from Barr, he was 2nd last around the final bend, may have gotten 3rd...

sub 49 for Barr and 3rd. Bodes well especially scalping Magi. Warholm will be hard to beat come Berlin. Time puts him joint 4th in Europe this season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Races are actually quite comparable which bodes well given it's her 3rd race of the week

Ah not really. +2.0 is 0.10 of a second. Adjusting this run for a +2.0 and she’s at about 11.42, so a bit off. Didn’t look like a great run to me but she’s had a busy week. Another race tomorrow in the relay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

sub 49 for Barr and 3rd. Bodes well especially scalping Magi. Warholm will be hard to beat come Berlin. Time puts him joint 4th in Europe this season

Bronze is there for the taking. Warholm is untouchable and I’d be surprised if he beat Copello. If Copello is slightly under par he could nab a silver.

I was thinking by concentrating on 400m, her top end speed would not be the same.

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    I was thinking by concentrating on 400m, her top end speed would not be the same.

It seems to have done her the world of good to be honest given that her 100 and 200m record came off the back of a solid winter focusing on 400m in the indoors

It seems to have done her the world of good to be honest given that her 100 and 200m record came off the back of a solid winter focusing on 400m in the indoors

Interesting. I know Bolt open up his season with a 400m race in Jamaica.

Were those records off the back of concentrating on the 400m during the outdoor season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Morton Games on Eurosport at 10 tonight.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Couple of familiar heads doing the commentary for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Itziger

18 year old Barega runs 12.43 in Brussels 5,000. Track performance of the year so far??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Itziger wrote: »
    18 year old Barega runs 12.43 in Brussels 5,000. Track performance of the year so far??

Did you see that last lap?!?!

RayCun wrote: »

Did you see that last lap?!?!
    The way he accelerates with 200/225 to go?!
    On a more general level. I've really enjoyed some of this year's stuff on the box. European Champs and some of the Diamond League. A range of running distances and then the High Jump (Women's is in a bit of a lull), triple, Long Jump, again men, and the Pole Vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fishy21

for me it has to be Chepkoech knocking about 8 seconds from the SC world record. But yeah Baregas win was great !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Is the Berlin marathon on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

KJ wrote: »
    Is the Berlin marathon on TV?

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Anyone have a streaming link for Berlin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

happygoose wrote:
    Anyone have a streaming link for Berlin?

Can't link it or post links on my phone but look in the "Huge weekend on the roads" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

I'm watching NBC sports on Mobdro

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Anyone got a link for the Chicago marathon?

Sir Mozo gets the win in 2.05.10 or thereabouts. Kipchoge looks safe enough to be fair. 
    Good race. He looked in control.

Shoot, women's winner there looking so strong. 2.18.35 they're saying. Wow. Big PB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Sir Mozo gets the win in 2.05.10 or thereabouts. Kipchoge looks safe enough to be fair. 
    Good race. He looked in control.

Mo will never set world records, but when it comes to tactics he is very good.
    No pacers in Chicago either, so he could be a medal contender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Chicago did reintroduce pacemaking this year.

Advertisement