Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

walshb wrote: »
    Well?

141.4 or thereabouts
    Just outside

• Registered Users Posts: 54,553 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Donelson wrote: »
    simply awesome, he must be one of the most dominate athletes in any track event.

He is. To me he is the most certain of gold in any event in Lndon in any sport!

gatlin -the renaissance man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

How did lemaitre come back to get thrid in that race!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

How did lemaitre come back to get thrid in that race!

He was very slow out of the blocks but his pickup was decent (much better than Gay who was horrendous in that phase) and he's gotten good at running his own race and didn't tense up unlike Gatlin. Also worth noting that the commentators were saying that the guy inside him is a noted 60m runner and very fast starter which may have made him look better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

ecoli wrote: »
    Think that was his intention all along. 12.54 is still a big improvement he is getting better with each race. Still think come London he is going to take Farah and glad he was beat tonight (prevents the bookies heavily cutting his odds:D)

The last 3000m at 7:37 ran the legs off of Bekele.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Windsor Triathlon 5.30pm Sunday evening Eurosport. Think i read somewhere Irishman Mark Nolan came 3rd in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Pearson is looking pretty nailed on for the hurdles

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭pc11

National T&F champs on RTE 2, Sunday at 23.05

Clearlier wrote: »

Pearson is looking pretty nailed on for the hurdles

poetry in motion, I won't be the biggest hurdle fan, but she has got to be near perfection in terms of technique, it just looks so dam good :)

• Advertisement

Aviva English Schools online

Sky Sports 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Gebremeskel and Gebrhiwet are locks finishing 1st and second in both of the Trial races after that I would put it down to Merga or Alamirew with the latter probably taking the 5000m spot and Merga in the longer event

Close:D

http://www.ethiosports.com/2012/07/08/ethiopia-releases-athletes-list-for-london-olympics/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CS_Runner

For those who missed or have not got setanta, another chance to see the doc Eamonn Coughlan done in Kenya. On BBC4 tonight at 10...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ktdr7

World Juniors all this week on eurosport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

London Grand Prix 6pm-8.30pm Friday BBC2 and 2pm-5pm Saturday BBC2.

London Calling on tonight all three featured are all from athletics

Continuing on from Jamie Costin and also Paralympic discuss thrower Orla barry and Ciaran O Lionaird

On at 10.35

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CS_Runner

A few upcoming programmes to watch out for on setanta
    http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=26516

London Calling on tonight all three featured are all from athletics

Continuing on from Jamie Costin and also Paralympic discuss thrower Orla barry and Ciaran O Lionaird

On at 10.35

Missed it :confused:

YFlyer wrote: »
    Missed it :confused:

On the RTE player for a few weeks yet;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Watching london calling last week and again last night and have to say that Jamie costin comes across as such a decent and likeable guy. Gutted for him that he failed to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I thought it was a cracking show. Great to see Len's humble roots, the sadness of Jamie Costin's unsuccessful bid and subsequent bad news, and Orla Barry's ultimate triumph. Hats off to RTE. Finally some return for our TV License payments. I hope the athletes in question are profiting in more ways that mere publicity.

Also, if you're on UPC, you can grab the series on-demand (finally some use for the on-demand feature too!).

Hats off to RTE. Finally some return for our TV License payments. I hope the athletes in question are profiting in more ways that mere publicity.

It sounds like the man behind it alright really knows what he is doing

http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/2012/0619/325660-london-calling-five-film-making-tips/

Faster Higher Stronger, a documentary on the history of the Olympic 1500m, is on BBC2 at 7pm tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

tang1 wrote: »
    London Grand Prix 6pm-8.30pm Friday BBC2 and 2pm-5pm Saturday BBC2.

Myself and RK will be there :D Under the roof up the homestraight thankfully :p

Faster Higher Stronger, a documentary on the history of the Olympic 1500m, is on BBC2 at 7pm tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK08Oc5qCA0&feature=relmfu

London grand prix on bbc 2 now. Mo running in the 5000m

London grand prix on bbc 2 now. Mo running in the 5000m

What time is the 5000m on?

Women 5000m now

YFlyer wrote: »
    What time is the 5000m on?

Women 5000m now