Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nissan Almera N16 Joint Connector-6 Help please!

• 11-10-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    I have a 2003 Nissan Almera 1.5S RHD. This has the ecu/ecm in the cabin. I have a shorting problem on the ecu/ecm side of the ECM Relay which blows the 10A fuse. The ECM Relay pin 3 feeds the ecm at 110 and 112 but does so through the Joint Connector-6 F114 pin 1, but one of the circuits on that busbar is shorting out. I cannot find anywhere a statement as to what is connected to pin 1, though a pdf search has given the camshaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor.
    Could someone send me a list of things connected to the Joint Connector-6 to save me cutting the loom

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PerkyPinky

Thanks.
    Could only post in this forum, but your link gave me the New Post button!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's a link to a forum. You're free to post in all public forums, but you can only start a new thread at forum level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PerkyPinky

Have found a wiring diagram that shows that the crankshaft and camshaft sensors are fed from JointConnector-6. I then found that the new crankshaft sensor I had fitted had shorted out internally and melted the casing. It took out the 10A fuse and killed the ecu. Having replaced the two units I then had the keys reprogrammed by Nissan (£51 incl) and the car is running again.
    Moral
    Don't use pattern sensors

Comments: I had tried to replace the ecu+immobiliser+BCM+transponders but couldn't find a set at a sensible price. Also the dealer couldn't tell me if the car was fitted with a dongle and breakers couldn't say if their doner cars had one either! Fortunately my dealer discovered that in reprogramming the keys (and getting the ecu to match the immobiliser) the problem was solved.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement