Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortal Kombat X discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Xenji wrote: »
    Box Art

10410431_10152212724181633_7122698555245808953_n.jpg

I saw that on a few MK facebook pages, but I didn't know whether or not it was official.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

deathrider wrote: »
    I saw that on a few MK facebook pages, but I didn't know whether or not it was official.

I saw it on IGN, they are claiming it is official anyway.

Xenji wrote: »
    I saw it on IGN, they are claiming it is official anyway.

That's cool. Odd that we've seen the box art before any actual gameplay footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

EDIT: According to Gamspot, Warner Bros. said that the game will be available on PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Xbox One and PC.

This is great. Everyone gets to play it! - I hope it's good.

But at the same time, knowing it's getting a last-gen release pretty much means it's not going to be making any progress in technical capabilities for a fighting game... unless they really can make innovative stuff as priority and just downgrade the graphics/resolution/effects big time to make it run on PS3/360. I swear some of the things devs can get to run on 512mb of RAM is insane.

I'll be happy if it plays anything the last one. It doesn't need to be too fancy pants to impress me. I'm delighted to see it come to the current gen because I haven't moved on to the next gen yet, and I'm in any real rush to either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Yeah I agree, I'm happy it's cross-gen - was just thinking about the cons of that too.

Oh and current gen = PS4/XBOne/WiiU

^ Yeah I agree, I'm happy it's cross-gen - was just thinking about the cons of that too.

Oh and current gen = PS4/XBOne/WiiU

I reckon current gen will be Xbox One/PS4/WiiU when there are more games out for them and they're actually relevant. They're kinda in that void between being new and bring important at the moment. I'm sure this well change in the next year though. That's the way I see it, anyways. Bit that's a while 'nother topic either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

MKX gameplay trailer was shown at the Sony conference:

New characters (none of whom I recognize), stage interactables, etc. One thing also looked like the X-Rays might be two part things now. Both shown in the trailer seemed to have a ground section then a launcher with a big pause where you'd have plenty of time to input a followup.

Also, this dude was only shown in the Fatality reel at the end:

0wwznfV.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sadira.jpg

+

OgreTTT2.jpg

+

gfs_110372_2_8.jpg

Get a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

The bug lady appears to be named Farrah (she addresses herself in third person for whatever reason). I'm going to take an educated guess that her fatality will involve vomiting wasps down the opponent's throat, or something like that. Plus, the voice actor for the kid on the brute sounds like Timmy Turner for Fairly Oddparents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

There is so much stuff going on in the backgrounds of the levels, had to watch the trailer 3 or 4 times to see everything, the blood effect looks great as well with no sign of a new Tekken any time soon this will be my main fighting game when it comes out.

Macal wrote: »
    The bug lady appears to be named Farrah (she addresses herself in third person for whatever reason). I'm going to take an educated guess that her fatality will involve vomiting wasps down the opponent's throat, or something like that. Plus, the voice actor for the kid on the brute sounds like Timmy Turner for Fairly Oddparents.

The lady who does Timmy Turner's voice is also Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls. If I could have some Powerpuff and MK at the same time, that would be all of my favourite things.

Nice to see some new characters showing up. There haven't really been any MK newbies (Skarlet excluded, because I keep forgetting able her due to her being so late to the MK9 party) since Taven and Daegon. And having said that, they were the only real new folks in Armageddon, so you'd have to go back even further for an influx of new cast. I'm wondering if the bug lady has any connection to Drahmin from Deadly Alliance. Also, for the, time being, I'm totally referring to the little/large tag team as Master Blaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

mortAL combat x looks amazing. im a defo play it when itcomes out.im not too much a fan of the gore butthis game looks sick

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the green dude shown near the end is one of the story's big baddies. Possible boss even, if Shinnok and Quan Chi aren't up to their old tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The lady who does Timmy Turner's voice is also Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls. If I could have some Powerpuff and MK at the same time, that would be all of my favourite things.

Nice to see some new characters showing up. There haven't really been any MK newbies (Skarlet excluded, because I keep forgetting able her due to her being so late to the MK9 party) since Taven and Daegon. And having said that, they were the only real new folks in Armageddon, so you'd have to go back even further for an influx of new cast. I'm wondering if the bug lady has any connection to Drahmin from Deadly Alliance. Also, for the, time being, I'm totally referring to the little/large tag team as Master Blaster.

In fairness, they were kind of restricted in terms of roster for Armageddon (by trying to include every MK character) and MK9 (reboot of the story taking place during MK1-3). Deadly Alliance and Deception had a good mix of new and returning characters, hoping to see the same happen for MKX.

Penn wrote: »
    In fairness, they were kind of restricted in terms of roster for Armageddon (by trying to include every MK character) and MK9 (reboot of the story taking place during MK1-3). Deadly Alliance and Deception had a good mix of new and returning characters, hoping to see the same happen for MKX.

Oh, I completely understand that. Armageddon was undoubtably a clusterfeck, and MK9's return to the original cast was completely necessary. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. Pretty brave move stepping straight up with to new characters.

Oh, I completely understand that. Armageddon was undoubtably a clusterfeck, and MK9's return to the original cast was completely necessary. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. Pretty brave move stepping straight up with to new characters.

To be honest, almost every "good" MK character was in MK9. They need to start again with new character designs, once they're not ****e.

It's been confirmed that the bug-lady is called D'Vorah and the brute and child are called Torr and Ferra. No word on the blue dude yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

some gameplay. also the reveal of "Cassie Cage" .... Johnny and Sonya's daughter .... -_-*

Sun-Zero's X-Ray is phemenal. The more I'm seeing of this game, the more I'm liking it. Story mode spans twenty years (not of actual gameplay... obviously) with multiple decendants of classic characters. Perhaps that's why Subby's not automated. Perhap's he's the son of the second Sub-Zero. Also a "surprise returning" bad guy? I'm intrigued... And I hope it's Onaga!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Green dude is Kotal Kahn. Not a huge stretch to guess he's related to Shao Kahn

Penn wrote: »
    Green dude is Kotal Kahn. Not a huge stretch to guess he's related to Shao Kahn

Kotaaaaaaaaal Kahnaaaaaaaaaaaage!

Seriously though, I where Reiko fits into all this.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

random info dump:

*stamina bar controls dashing/run, empties after a breaker
    *interacttables blockable
    *run button is block+foward instaed of its own run button(thank the elder gods)
    *you cant cancel a dash but you can a run (RIP dashblocking)
    *hit trades (this was a must to bring in from putting it in justice)
    *meter burns done inj was over mk9 way
    *throw can be meter burned for every char for a ~+12 restand. can be used in juggles also but can be teched even when used in a combo
    *teching same as mk9
    *first hit bonus still there but chars dont start off with a bar each like mk9.
    *in game frame data
    EDIT: paulo just confirmed invin frames on backdashes

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Bad news for last gen system owners

According to Boon, NetherRealm is mainly focused on developing the game for next-generation platforms, with work on older consoles placed in the hands of other studios. The updated visuals on PlayStation 4 are definitely a sight to behold when compared to previous entries, but it remains to be seen how these aspects will translate to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source : http://shoryuken.com/2014/06/12/netherrealm-studios-focusing-solely-on-mortal-kombat-x-development-for-playstation-4-and-xbox-one/

Usually this means the PS3/360 port will suck, but there are exceptions to the rule, Blue Point managed to do a great job with the 360 port of Titan Fall.

Feck... I'm hoping the PS3/Xbox360 don't just get stinkers. I don't reckon I'll be playing on next gen consoles by then.

J0hnick wrote: »
    Bad news for last gen system owners

According to Boon, NetherRealm is mainly focused on developing the game for next-generation platforms, with work on older consoles placed in the hands of other studios. The updated visuals on PlayStation 4 are definitely a sight to behold when compared to previous entries, but it remains to be seen how these aspects will translate to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source : http://shoryuken.com/2014/06/12/netherrealm-studios-focusing-solely-on-mortal-kombat-x-development-for-playstation-4-and-xbox-one/

Usually this means the PS3/360 port will suck, but there are exceptions to the rule, Blue Point managed to do a great job with the 360 port of Titan Fall.

yea i seen that :(
    thought it was funny in the interview saying it not his problem how the other teamhave to go about scaling down all there new graphics tech.

Feck... I'm hoping the PS3/Xbox360 don't just get stinkers. I don't reckon I'll be playing on next gen consoles by then.

ye and we have to get sticks aswell, not like these scum of the earth pad players :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

scum of the earth pad players :mad:

I can see your detest from here

dracula.gif

Damn this is oddly, very fitting for you

Is there any gameplay footage of Cassie available yet? I'm interested to see how she works. Boon says she has a mix of Johnny and Sonya's moves. I'm kinda hoping the nutpunch and cartwheel are there.

Is there any gameplay footage of Cassie available yet? I'm interested to see how she works. Boon says she has a mix of Johnny and Sonya's moves. I'm kinda hoping the nutpunch and cartwheel are there.

shes been taking moves from more than them lol, one her styles has sektor ex homing missle and she has barakas double kicks (which doesnt bode well for my tarkatan friend imo :()

if the game came out tomorrow with just the chars shown at e3 id be playing cassie. "from the page of cage!" :cool:

heres some footage of her...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

shes been taking moves from more than them lol, one her styles has sektor ex homing missle and she has barakas double kicks (which doesnt bode well for my tarkatan friend imo :()

if the game came out tomorrow with just the chars shown at e3 id be playing cassie. "from the page of cage!" :cool:

heres some footage of her...

Cassie has baraka double kicks!??!

tumblr_inline_mntu1a2PUW1qz4rgp.gif

Confirmed low tier

Advertisement