Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just heard about these lads today. Very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

fab has a new mixtape out, listened to a few of it and it sounds pretty decent. The soul tape 1 was class , this soul tape 2 is shaping up the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Loved the original Soul Tape, only listened to a few tracks so far but this one sounds just as good, always liked Fab

+1 for Fabolous. I absolutely loved Loso's Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Yea I liked the Soul Tape. "There Ain't No Competition 2" was my favourite though. TANC 3 was muck.

Hopefully Fab is back on form for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

For anyone who is interested in Saheed he put this up on his Facebook page today:
    Whole album complete. THANK GOD! Cant wait for yall to hear this.

If his mixtape is anything to go by then this will be a brilliant album. Hopefully he releases it sooner rather than later.

got into saigon around 2 years ago from a video someone posted here, think it was "its cold" never looked back. The greatest story never told was excellent, been bumping chapter 2 the last few days, couldnt recommend it more.

Saigons actual real story is interesting as f*ck too, people should look it up if their interested in him, like i said this is one fella you can never say went commercial.

honestly this album is a contender for best of the year.

He was in Entourage, Turtle was his manager for a while. That's what I know about him. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Between this and Big Beast, T.I dropped two of my favourite guest verses of the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Wow. T.I. goes hard.

You could tell after the first three or four bars it was gonna be good. He killed it!

Though for the record, Mike's last verse on Big Beast trumped T.I.'s big a long mile.

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Between this and Big Beast, T.I dropped two of my favourite guest verses of the year

I refuse to listen to it. I avoided the leaks from his last one and I was glad of it.

Glad to hear that T.I. nailed the verse though.

That song is crazy ! Said it here a few times T.I is class always been a fan. Kind of fell off after paper trail but when he pulls the finger out he's capable of verses like this.

The beat is banging though, t.i and Ludas beef back in the day was good , produced some nice music from both.

Just a quick edit, ludacris was terrible on this as is all his recent music. T.I and killer mike really left him for dead and it's strange because if this was early-mid 00 Luda this beat would of been right up his alley, Luda is really gone off the boil for me the last few years.

Full stream of the Wu-Block album can be found here.

I'm gonna give it a spin later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

nice track in fairness, andre kills it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Big Boi's Vicious Lies And Dangerous Rumors has leaked.

Keno 92 wrote: »

That was very early. Won't be listening to it though.

Gonna sort out an order for it tongiht if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That was very early. Won't be listening to it though.

Gonna sort out an order for it tongiht if I can.

Yeah, me too...

2471111_o.gif

Actually going to buy this album and give it a chance, liked a few tracks of big bois last album and what Iv heard of this.

I'm not an outkast fan really bar a few bits but il give it a chance, have a feeling it will be decent.

• Advertisement

Actually going to buy this album and give it a chance, liked a few tracks of big bois last album and what Iv heard of this.

I'm not an outkast fan really bar a few bits but il give it a chance, have a feeling it will be decent.

Only a few? Really? That was a classic, absolutely brilliant. Still listen to it every now and then, and it's all over my top 100 playlsit on itunes!

floggg wrote: »

Only a few? Really? That was a classic, absolutely brilliant. Still listen to it every now and then, and it's all over my top 100 playlsit on itunes!

I didn't listen to it all , what I heard I liked.

I didn't listen to it all , what I heard I liked.

Do then. The closest to a bad song was the Jamie Fox one, and it wasn't that bad for a Jamie Fox collabo.

His flow is impeccable on the whole album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Nice track, it needed another MC instead of a female singer though.

New tune by Saheed from his upcoming album.

New tune and visual from Chamillionaire.

Not a bad song. First time I've heard it. Don't think it's for anything in particular.

The video is good. Gorgeous arse on your one. Nice touch with the police officer from the Ridin Dirty video as well. At least I'm certain it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Chamillionaire got one of the best flows in hip hop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Keno 92 wrote: »

this is unreal, grows on ya every listen. sounds so different to everything else.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New tune by Saheed from his upcoming album.

dope. more of the same from Saheed which is a good thing.
    Gorgeous arse on your one. Nice touch with the police officer from the Ridin Dirty video as well. At least I'm certain it's him.

That is what is known as a BaDonkADonk, because when she walk it go Ba-Donk Ba-Donk A-Donk :)

The police officer is Dee Bo from Friday!

I've had a brief listen to the new Pac Div album called G.M.B. Sounds really nice but have to give it a proper spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Thought I'd post this Sage Francis track here. It's worth a purchase, proceeds will got to the children's families.

THE BACKGROUND STORY:
    As it is World AIDS Days and I have thought about these children every single day since being acquainted with them almost two years ago, I decided that I can no longer sit on this song. In January of 2011 I visited Durban, South Africa to help mentor and provide care for HIV-infected children. For me, it was a crash course education on their situation, culture, history, and various forms of treatment (or lack there of.) With a reported 5.6 million people living with HIV, South Africa has the highest HIV infection rate in the world. That is mainly due to misinformation propagated by the government as well as the people’s lack of access to education and proper medical care. With so many people dying of AIDS in this area, many children are often left to fend for themselves in overcrowded “orphanages”, many of which have no electricity or running water according to what I witnessed.

My trip to Durban and the surrounding rural areas was organized by people who were filming a documentary on a community of people who were receiving alternative treatment along with their normal ARV (anti-retroviral) treatment. I joined a group of national and international poets whose task it was to make a connection with the children and communicate their story to the world. Toward the end of my stay I wrote a song called UBUNTU (Water Into Wine) which I was initially hoping to release as a companion piece to the film. The documentary will probably do a much better job of explaining the vast array of emotions we all went through, but as it still isn’t completed I figured it might be best to just release the song now.

Download here
    http://strangefamousrecords.bandcamp.com/track/ubuntu-water-into-wine

Advertisement