Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

How's it going lads been away for a while travelling and over the last few months my iTunes has been neglected so trying to get up to speed now, the only albums I've downloaded over the last few months have been Channel Orange and Life Is Good..has there been any othet notable hip-hop releases that you folks would recommend I listen to? Feel very out of touch at the moment, trying to catch up :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Welcome back PrettyBoy. 2 new albums that I've had in constant rotation in the car are; Dark Time Sunshine - ANX and The Alchemist - Russian Roulette.
    DTS may not be your thing, but I would definitely recommend The Alchemist. 20 odd short songs, most of which have a verse from a different MC like Action Bronson, Mr Mutha****in eXquire, Mayhem Lauren, Roc Marciano.......the list goes on.

Cheers Boom Bap will give both of them a listen, usually a fan of anything Alchemist comes out with anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

How's it going lads been away for a while travelling and over the last few months my iTunes has been neglected so trying to get up to speed now, the only albums I've downloaded over the last few months have been Channel Orange and Life Is Good..has there been any othet notable hip-hop releases that you folks would recommend I listen to? Feel very out of touch at the moment, trying to catch up smile.png

Brother Ali-Mourning in America and dreaming in color, Homeboy Sandman-first of a living breed, C-ray Walz-The code, what im listening to at the moment and all very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Some nice Boom Bap from Queens;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

C-ray Walz-The code,

Hmm, will have to give that a listen last c-rayz I heard was with MJEX.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The new Freddie Gibbs mixtape is available since last night:

http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-download.php?id=m7073039

Not the biggest fan, Gibbs is on point, but the production is not to my liking. It's my main gripe with Gibbs in general, i'll just have to wait for more with Static Selektah or Madlib.

Havent listened to the new C-Rayz album yet, I'm gone off him alot in recent years.

Big Siyo/Siyo/Simon Young has released his debut album called The Real Simon Young recently. You can listen and buy on bandcamp:

http://siyo.bandcamp.com/album/the-real-simon-young

I have been suprised at how good this is. It's actually really good. A few cheesy bits like talking about getting girls 'digits', but overall it's impressive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The new Freddie Gibbs mixtape is available since last night:

http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-download.php?id=m7073039

Not the biggest fan, Gibbs is on point, but the production is not to my liking. It's my main gripe with Gibbs in general, i'll just have to wait for more with Static Selektah or Madlib.

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Gonna stream it now and download later on.

No matter what the state of the production is Gibbs usually delivers, in my books.

I put up a post a week or so ago in which Statik was telling Freddie to drop some secret project. That may have been BFK, or it may be some other mixtape that he has done.

If it's another tape with Statik then it has to be released immediately. "Lord Giveth..." is a superb piece of work. It's my go to album for the last 2 weeks or more.

The MadGibbs album should hopefully be released this year. The way they are building up to it is the equivalent of a ridiculously hot girl teasing you for months before finally letting you sleep with her :P. Hopefully we won't have a case of blue balls after it all, and they actually put it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Heard the leaked track with Curren$y there yesterday and really liked it. Will give the whole mixtape a whirl now.

I would seriously recommend checking out a new mixtape from an MC called Thesis. The mixtape is called 'All Mixed Up'.

Don't sleep on this. It's real good.

http://thisisthesis.bandcamp.com/album/all-mixed-up

Hey C-Rayz - learn how to name tracks properly.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I would seriously recommend checking out a new mixtape from an MC called Thesis. The mixtape is called 'All Mixed Up'.

Don't sleep on this. It's real good.

http://thisisthesis.bandcamp.com/album/all-mixed-up

Some nice songs on it.

My favourite line of the last few months has to be on 'Three Amigos':
    My body tickles,
    Got me crawling on the floor,
    Like I'm Tommy Pickles

Brings me way back to my childhood with The Rugrats :D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The new Chino XL is supposed to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I was listening to the new deadmau5 album earlier (don't judge me) and I came across this track with Cypress Hill.
    I really like the production, I actually think B-Real & Sen Dog have the perfect type of flow for dubstep/electro type tracks.
    Their EP with Rusko was fairly good earlier this year and is worth checking out.

Killer Mike has released a new version of "Anywhere But Here" from his album. Chamillionaire is on this one. Would have liked to hear it on the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I haven't heard Baby Face Killa yet but I have heard two outstanding albums this week during my little free time in college outside going on the piss...Payback by Danny! and First Of A Living Breed by Homeboy Sandman. Anyone who knows of Danny! will know his style and sound and little changes here and it's another superb consistent album added to his impressive collection...and HS is seriously pushing his way fast up my all time greats list. I just can't get enough of the dude. Insane lyricist...3 great projects this year from him now, this clearly being the best of the mix.

• Advertisement

Loving that track, will it be on the album?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Loving that track, will it be on the album?

Not sure, as much as I like it it hardly seems like one of at least 12 tracks to be on "the greatest albums" since 92.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Thisisthesis

Some nice songs on it.

My favourite line of the last few months has to be on 'Three Amigos':

Brings me way back to my childhood with The Rugrats :D.

Thanks guys, Really glad you're diggin the tape and I appreciate you sharing it. It really means a lot!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Good looking finding this thread and showing appreciation, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Thisisthesis

No doubt man. Always happy to meet people diggin my stuff.

New PE released according to a flash of my email I just got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Saigon is releasing the greatest story never told chapter 2.. the first one was class. Here's the first single called feet on the ground, pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

so sh*t imo ^^... really not liking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

so sh*t imo ^^... really not liking it.
    It's...meh

Advertisement