Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

looking forward to that krit mixtape, i like that one ^^^

k naan just dropped a 5 track EP, its not bad its called more beautiful than silence, nas and nelly furtado ft on it.

looking forward to the new album, interesting too see what he comes with after his wavin flag success at the world cup. Very commercial approach to this EP though but its not bad, liking the song with nas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

xzibit-napalm-single-cover.jpg

The cover for Xzibits new album, it's safe to say I can't wait for it, really starting to enjoy Xzibits music lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1st I heard of a new X album, excellent. At the Speed of Life is quality, must give it another listen. One of the best Hip Hop tracks ever:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The cover for Xzibits new album, it's safe to say I can't wait for it, really starting to enjoy Xzibits music lately.

Don't think that's the album cover (ft. Travis Barker), probably the first single. First I've heard of the new album too, look forward to hearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Don't think that's the album cover (ft. Travis Barker), probably the first single. First I've heard of the new album too, look forward to hearing it.
    well Xzibit tweeted it a while back and it's on his official site but you could be right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Exile feat. Fashawn. Only out a few hours. Pretty nice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just got some info on Stalley, new mixtape and album due this year:
    Look for “Songs by Me, Stalley” this month followed by Stalley’s new project “Savage Journey to the American Dream” coming soon, stay tuned and check out the Behind the Scenes Vlog. The Stalley Webstore just relaunched, check out the new goods at http://store.stalley330.com/. Shows
    Feb 4-Sugarbush, VT
    Feb 10-Jake’s Nightclub-Bloomington, IN
    Feb 18-Ohio University
    Feb 25-Phantasy Concert Hall-Cleveland, OH
    Feb 27-NYU
    Feb 28-Caramel-Washington, DC
    New Music
    God’s Child-Listen/Download
    Blue Sky-Listen/Download
    Cash and My Cutty-Listen/Download
    Harsh Ave-Listen/Download
    City of 30,000 Wolves-Listen/Download
    Rich Forever (featured on The World is Ours and Party Heart)-Download
    Lincoln Way Nights (Remastered by Young Guru)-Buy Now-Physical/Digital

New Music Videos
    Gettin’ It-G-Side feat. Stalley
    The Night
    Go On-Coming soon to MTV
    Gentleman’s Quarterly

Merch
    Shop

Social
    Website
    Youtube
    Facebook
    Twitter
    BlueCollarGang-Join here

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Big News:
    Brother Ali

Just put the finishing touches on our Free EP, The Bite Marked Heart that drops tomorrow. Seven songs featuring Phonte of Little Brother, Niiki Jean, Stokley Williams of Mint Condition and Aby Wolf. Beats provided by Jake One and Ant. Make sure to check out the video for "Shine On". Hope you don't mind us sharing some new music before we release my official album later this year.

423808_10150513184216184_7431386183_8778212_1923504566_n.jpg

I just saw Electronica Album trending on Twitter there. I clicked in expecting some amazing news from J Electronica to find it was about the award for the Grammys tonight. Very disappointing. Maybe next time

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

cant wait for tomorrow:D

• Advertisement

Curren$y's 7th album is being released tomorrow, "Muscle Car Chronicles". I read a review of it on HipHopDX and they gave it 4 out of 5. As they said at the end of the review he is a "Black and Yellow" away from the big time.

Hopefully he manages to have a big hit soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Finally lads, the 1st single from "R.A.P Music" dropped today :D

Absolute banger, "Big Beast" featuring Bun B and T.I;

Chamillionaire is officially back in the game. He's releasing an EP on the 20th of March called "Ammunition". There are 8 songs on it.

Anyone who pre-orders will receive a free download of a song he made called "Won't Change" feat. Tami LaTrell.

I'll be per-ordering it later. Psyched for Chams return.

I reckon it'll be a teaser for an album later on this year some time. He's independent now so he has full control of what he puts out. Expect greatness.

01ef940903b2b857bff9ada40d74085f.jpg

Yes Jimmy! Really looking forward to new Cham!!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yes Jimmy! Really looking forward to new Cham!!

Here's the first single off it. Love when he does the hooks himself. He puts Eminem and the like to shame with their attempts.

I'm liking it, That Ammunition tee is class as well, would def wear that. will have to think about preordering this. how much in euro did it cost ya Jimmy?

Haven't pre-ordered it yet. I'm waiting to see if they ship to Ireland first. There has been a lot of issues before with the company Cham uses for shipping. I think they've sorted it out now though.

I reckon it'll be around €20 for the main package with maybe €8/9 for delivery if we're lucky. I'll probably go for the main one as well. The t-shirt looks good alright and I'm in need of a few t-shirts these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Some of the New York Hip-Hop ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Oh and...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I liked the one track he released as the vid, Shine On but wasnt too mad on the rest of the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Blue Sky Black Death released an album last month with some guy called Nacho Picasso, he's a weak rapper, but BSBD kill the production on here;

Fresh Daily has a new album on March 2nd called '"The Brooklyn Good Guy".

This is the best news i've heard today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Surprised nobody posted this up yet, a typically 'out there' video for the new single 'Rella' from next months The Odd Future Tape Vol. 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Drake, Lil Wayne, Big Sean etc are all not my cup of tea.

But OF I wish they would just go and never release anything ever again. They deserve the least credit I have ever seen in any rappers/group.

I wish Busta would headbutt him….

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

WZRD has been leaked.

Curren$y and Styles P mixtape dropping in 2 days time.

Curreny_Styles_P_the1st28-front-large.jpg

Keno 92 wrote: »
    WZRD has been leaked.

Never heard of WZRD, looked em up and I don't like Cudi at all but I only heard one of his songs day n night so I youtube this and was not what I was expecting. What a refreshing album! Thanks man!

Not exactly hip hop but class track!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Aww man you have to listen to more than Day N Night! Nowhere near his best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Day N Night is just awful, awful music (and I'm a Cudi fan). He has some really great tracks that most people don't know about, haven't heard his new album yet but will give it a listen during the week.

Advertisement