Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oasis split

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

jackncoke wrote: »
    Yeah,I think it was
    I only say it because people keep replying to post and every time they do so, all seven you tube links come up. it then takes ages to scroll down on the page. So was an Oasis fan. But I dont think songs like "the Blinding" from Babyshambles is influenced at all by Oasis.
    And Oasis it could be said have reproduced several beatles riffs throughout their career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I would prefer if this can of worms wasn't opened thank you.

which can of worms. The Beatles influence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

which can of worms. The Beatles influence?

The ripping off accusations, it's been done to death.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    The ripping off accusations, it's been done to death.
    Yes. All Im saying that conversely poster posted several You tube links to prove that Doherty was influenced by Oasis. Would have been the same as me posting every beatles influence on an Oasis record via a You tube link. Wasn't necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Would have been the same as me posting every beatles influence on an Oasis record via a You tube link. Wasn't necessary.

It would be necassary, if another poster here had of said that Oasis werent influenced by the Beatles, and in fact couldnt stand the Beatles, and that the notion of them being influenced by the Beatles was ludicrous.. and so on, and so forth.

But then, that would be ridiculas. Oasis love the Beatles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

And Oasis it could be said have reproduced several beatles riffs throughout their career.

Which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

I hear more who and t-rex "rip offs" in their music than beatles ones

I hear more who and t-rex "rip offs" in their music than beatles ones
    Shes electric- I get by with a little help with my friends
    Dont look back in anger- Imagine (John Lennon ex beatle)
    two very obvious ones for a start.
    Anyway neither here or there. Oasis are free to sample what they want but no more of the Pete Doherty lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

Shes electric- I get by with a little help with my friends
    Dont look back in anger- Imagine (John Lennon ex beatle)
    two very obvious ones for a start.

You're absolutely right.
    But those two examples are in homage rather than a rip off.It's not like they pinched the melody or the lyrics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Oasis have been put into the record books again with the publication of the 2010 Guinness Book of World Records.

The band enter the book for the second time by setting the 'Longest Top 10 UK Chart Run By A Group' notching up an unprecedented 22 successive Top 10 hits in the UK.

Oasis previously entered the record book for being 'The Most Successful Act of the Decade' between 1995 and 2005 by spending 765 weeks in the Top 75 singles and albums charts.

Glassheart wrote: »
    You're absolutely right.
    But those two examples are in homage rather than a rip off.It's not like they pinched the melody or the lyrics.
    No not saying they pinched all of it, just a bit of it.. And for the record I think Whatever was a terrific single. Some terrific stuff. But why do Oasis need to be influential. Think Oasis apart from the beatles and TRex connections have done their own thing. Doesn't matter if Pete Doherty queued all night to get their first record or did a whole album of covers by them. But will leave that one rest. Oasis at their best were brilliant but just felt they started to flounder a bit after second album.

Advertisement