Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Keegan4

Hi! I'm an 18 year old male going into first year in Maynooth. I didn't get on campus so if anybody is trying to fill up a room please let me know, thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SiobhainD

I'm 126 in the waiting list for campus accommodation.. I'm guessing that means I am in desperate need of somewhere off campus! Does anybody know what exactly is the difference between the house sharing list and the self catering list? Is there many single rooms available for first years right now? I cant go up until tomorrow!
    Also does anybody know the best area for incoming first years? Ideally I want to be around other first years/ undergrads!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

Hey, does anyone here have any experiences with the on campus accommodation!? Just wondering what it's like to live there?? First year moving up soon, put down river as first preference but not sure was it a good idea??? How many people are in an apartment!? Is there any way ending up sharing a room in some set of apartments!??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

R_V_P 24 wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone here have any experiences with the on campus accommodation!? Just wondering what it's like to live there?? First year moving up soon, put down river as first preference but not sure was it a good idea??? How many people are in an apartment!? Is there any way ending up sharing a room in some set of apartments!??

Hey I heard campus is generally quite good but the college can be pretty strict with regard to parties and stuff. Also, I heard some pretty bad things about some of the river apartments (my friend said the sockets in her house were faulty and destroyed her laptop). Plus they are usually more expensive than off-college accommodation and you usually get less.

Now I'm not saying that all the houses on college are like that but I've just heard some bad reviews about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mcd1396

Female student looking for accommodation, with own room near NUI Maynooth. If anyone is looking for a house share or has any suggestions please let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Manusg123

Also looking for accommodation!
    1st year computer science student!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

For those who got a place on campus, are due an email today? To tell us where we'll be housed etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Accomodation seems to be pretty bad this year. Had two rooms to let and both gone since last week. Single had been kept on by the lad who had it last year and the double was snapped up by the 3rd person to look at it. Good luck to all those looking.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Hey I heard campus is generally quite good but the college can be pretty strict with regard to parties and stuff. Also, I heard some pretty bad things about some of the river apartments (my friend said the sockets in her house were faulty and destroyed her laptop). Plus they are usually more expensive than off-college accommodation and you usually get less.

Now I'm not saying that all the houses on college are like that but I've just heard some bad reviews about them.

They're not that strict on parties unless they got really bad towards the end of last year! They're probably the most easy going of on-campus accommodations based on what I've heard from other colleges!

I've never heard that about the plugs but I don't doubt that it could be true.

I'm not sure what you mean by "get less" but they can be more expensive but at the same time, your bills are already covered which they wouldn't be in a house.

There's pluses and minuses to both but I've never had too many problems with on-campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 NUIAL

Did you find any roomies? :) Me and my friend (girls) are lookin for somewhere :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 NUIAL

Anyone know where my friend and i can stay? Accommodation seems to be fully booked for campus :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johnny Cage

My 2 housemates are leaving so have 2 bedrooms available in house share on pound lane 330 and 350 a month not including bills. 1 year lease with cheaper rent in July and no rent due in August.
    Sharing with me, i'm 22 years old, male, second year, easy going.

Looking for housemates who want a quiet house, would suit someone who has to knuckle down and work this year. Landlord says they don't want first years so basically not someone looking for a party house.

Great location, behind londis on the main street, like 2 mins walk from everything and bout 5 mins to college.

Loads of interest already so id kinda like to live with people with similiar interests. PM me anyway if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Destiel

Hey, looking for accommodation. First year arts student, female. Literally bottom of the list, so really need to find something.

Destiel wrote: »
    Hey, looking for accommodation. First year arts student, female. Literally bottom of the list, so really need to find something.

Just got an acceptance email for campus accomodation, it doesn't seem to tell me where I'm place though?

Just got an acceptance email for campus accomodation, it doesn't seem to tell me where I'm place though?

Has it linked you to the on-campus acceptance site? It'll tell you there.

Has it linked you to the on-campus acceptance site? It'll tell you there.

Ah yes, Rye Hall Apartment 16! Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

River 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Man I was really banking on campus but I didn't get but now Im 13 on the waiting list, so I think i'm going to share a room with a girl I know, no other option really. Any one know what parklands is like for first years to live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 billbo93

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    Man I was really banking on campus but I didn't get but now Im 13 on the waiting list, so I think i'm going to share a room with a girl I know, no other option really. Any one know what parklands is like for first years to live in?

you'll be grand with 13th on the waiting list you'll get it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nicki20

Hey everyone just found out i didn't get campus and that i've no chance of getting it in the next round as I'm wayyyyy down the waiting list! Desperately in search of accommodation!

I see from the list that there are places available in greenfield drive, kingsbry and rockfield. Where would be a good choice? I'm 20 and going down there to study Arts but I've already done 2 years of college studying a Diploma so i won't be a typical first year student (ie. going completely mad) but obviously still want to have a good social life!

Help please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

billbo93 wrote: »
    you'll be grand with 13th on the waiting list you'll get it

Rang today and they said they couldnt say whether I would or not, so my only option left at this stage is to rent a twin room with an ensuite with a girl I know, but the thing is the room is 85euro per week per week and thats without any bills on top of it, does that not seem very expensive for a shared room?

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    Rang today and they said they couldnt say whether I would or not, so my only option left at this stage is to rent a twin room with an ensuite with a girl I know, but the thing is the room is 85euro per week per week and thats without any bills on top of it, does that not seem very expensive for a shared room?

Really is a letters market at the moment because rooms are so so scarce.

Can anyone who is looking for someone to share a house PM me please with their details if they would be interested. Looking at 5/4 or 3 bed houses to share with other students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

First year science student badly needing accommodation.
    I'm on panic mode at this stage.
    Does anyone need an extra person for a house?
    Please please please let me know!

First year arts student here. Also from Donegal and also panicking! Looking for people to share with too! If you come across anything let me know and i shall do likewise!

ould wan wrote: »
    House share, 1 Bedroom Available for 10 Months
    DIGS. FOOD AND BILLS INCLUDED IN RENT. Rent is based on Monday - Friday €100 per week)with breakfast and dinner each day,students can arrive on Sunday evening that is not a problem. 2 mins walk from Carlow IT and 15 mins walk from town.Pictures can be emailed or text to your prior to visiting. All bed linen pillows etc supplied. Quiet and welcoming house,student has own key so can come and go as they please . Must like dogs(we have four), very comfortable home . Have been taking students for a few years. Meals are healthy and plenty. Will cater for vegetarians if needed also free wifi, all bills elec etc included in rent.If staying for weekend rates can be discussed.Thanking you.

Think you might have posted this in the wrong place.

ould wan wrote: »
    House share, 1 Bedroom Available for 10 Months
    DIGS. FOOD AND BILLS INCLUDED IN RENT. Rent is based on Monday - Friday €100 per week)with breakfast and dinner each day,students can arrive on Sunday evening that is not a problem. 2 mins walk from Carlow IT and 15 mins walk from town.Pictures can be emailed or text to your prior to visiting. All bed linen pillows etc supplied. Quiet and welcoming house,student has own key so can come and go as they please . Must like dogs(we have four), very comfortable home . Have been taking students for a few years. Meals are healthy and plenty. Will cater for vegetarians if needed also free wifi, all bills elec etc included in rent.If staying for weekend rates can be discussed.Thanking you.

Not really much use for a Maynooth student...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sarahnib

Lads if anyones still looking to get a house let me know...left it a bit late :/
    21 y/o 3rd year biomed student usually easy-going(when not freaking out over possible homelessness) !

"usually easy-going( when not freaking out over possible homelessness)!"
    that really made me laugh :L In the same boat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kev765

Hey everyone. I'm a third year, 20 year old, male CSSE(Computer Science and Software Engineering) student who was stupid enough to leave it this late to get a house. Looking to house share somewhere fairly close to train station since there's a work placement in my second semester I'll probably be traveling to Dublin for. I'm a non-smoker, easygoing and will odds are spend most of my time in my room.

Advertisement