Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

From the MSW Facebook page:

The card for the February 25th show in st marks GAA club, cookstown Tallaght show will feature!

Opening contest:
    Making his MSW debut Sean "MAXER" Brennan vs Damien Corvin!

Kazza G vs scoutmaster moore!

Four way tag-team match to crown the first ever MSW tag-team champions! With:
    Thunder and lightning vs Big 'n' Dirty vs The hot shots vs Philly the kid and Sammy D!

20 MAN OVER THE TOP ROPE BATTLE ROYAL!

Triple threat match!
    "BIG BAD" Hynsie vs MAGMA vs Pierre Marceau!

HARDCORE FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH FOR THE MSW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!
    "The lone wolf" LYCAN VS THE OMEN!

For the lads asking about Poetryslam I know there was talks of it so hopefully it will go ahead. Its a watch this space kinda deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Great MSW show, Hardcore match was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭montyrebel

did Kazza win?

montyrebel wrote: »
    did Kazza win?

Yeah. If I remember correctly, she gave a low-blow and school-boy (Or should that be school-girl?) roll-up for the finish when the ref was distracted.

The middle rope broke-off during the match and I thought they did well to work around it by taking the action outside the ring and buying time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 User name 2011

Went to main stage tonight nd it was great glad i went fair play t the hotshots on there win and lycan on his win .... The hardcore match was how do i say hardcore well done lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

Charisteas wrote: »
    Are there any plans for a third PoetrySlam?

I'd imagine so at some point this year. Nothing set in stone however. I sure hope so though.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

Looking for an Irish wrestling correspondent for Irish News Review.

The candidate must have a good knowledge of the industry in Ireland and be capable of providing a bi-weekly column on topical events within the industry.

If you are interested please email us at irishnewsreview@gmail.com

Furthermore if any Irish wrestling organisation would like a separate column please get in touch.

We have in the past interviewed both Sheamus and Fergal Devitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

It was a great night to be an IwW Champion as both Skaterboi Jeebus & The Supermodel retained their respective titles, also IwW newcomer Stevie Campbell overcame Irish Whip's resident superhero Captain Rooney, with help from Tat2 Charlie, in the biggest screwjob since the movie Drive failing to win an Oscar for best film ever. Big thank you to all the fans that made it a great show :)

Tipperary

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his IwW Zero Gravity Championship against Tat2 Charlie

Stevie Campbell overcame Captain Rooney

Skaterboi Jeebus & Captain Rooney overcame Tat2Charlie & Stevie Campbell

The Supermodel kept his IwW International Championship against TJ Meehan in a Street Fight

www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 politica

my friend a pro wrestler called ross duff6y needs a wrestling partner any one up for it??

• Advertisement

mrstpatsfc wrote: »

Enjoyable read. I always wondered why NLW work together and share talent with FFPW, and in turn why FFPW share talent with MSW.

It's similar to the old American territory days where a guy can be a babyface in one territory, and a heel in the other. Last week at the MSW show in Tallafornia, Philly the Kid and Sammy D were heels wearing Bohs jerseys, yet the last time I seen them Philly was a loveable gay cowboy and Sammy was playing the role of a rookie kid getting a shot at DD's title.

Anyone who enjoys Irish wrestling please come along to FFPW's show tomorrow night (Sunday 4th March) at 6pm in Bray. The future talent of Ireland will be on hand as well some of the more established wrestlers in the country.

Team Mega will defend the Irish Tag Team Championships against Team Epic among other matches!

Come along and support the Irish Talent and it'll only cost ya €2 in. And you can grab a bus from the city centre so no excuses :) It'll be a fun intimate show so if ya can, come and join in.

421176_358103900888203_167386333293295_1196329_698835219_n.jpg
    Team Mega

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

FFPW put on a great, if surprisingly short show, tonight. The production values were really impressive with some HD cameras filming everything and a good few lights set up as well. I'll admit I was disappointed there was no battle royal just before the main event.

"The Big Mac" Kevin McDermott def. The Ang:
    McDermott's new wigger hip hop gimmick is growing on me. He did a John Cena inspired rap before the match that had me in stitches (in a good way). The Ang looks solid enough but should maybe tweak his character a bit. He has a few Santino-like mannerisms but he plays them straight which makes them look a bit out of place, maybe he should become a bit more clown like to fit them better. Impressive spike DDT anyway. Comedy with some solid wrestling thrown in. I guess they've dropped the defeated streak thing then.

"Dangerous" Dave Ford def. Inferno:
    Pretty quick squash match but solid enough. Ford should maybe rethink his entrance music. Standard stuff to build up a monster heel and I'll admit I marked out for Ford's chokeslam to finish it. When that was over, he got on the mic and did an open challenge and another guy came out to face him. This one was a bit longer but I preferred the first match. Then after that was over a couple of plants in the audience got up to challenge him as well and got slammed for their troubles. Interesting idea and good way to build up a new big guy on the scene.

Johnny Notaro def. Captain Deadbones Dawkins
    Another fairly good outing, though Notaro is a Mainstage wrestler isn't he? Surprising to have him go over the big fan favourite when you'd normally have a crowd pleaser like Deadbones winning. The crowd were really into this one and that made it better. Nice length, good action and great crowd involvement. A lot of heels are going over tonight.

Rough Stuff & Katey Harvey def. Philly The Kid, Luscious Lucy & Sammy D:
    Match of the night as far as I'm concerned. All three members of Rough Stuff are still relatively new to the game but they all looked so solid. And what an entrance. I think the Fight Factory has two of the most beautiful women in the world. The crowd were really into this one as well and Sammy D looked really good out there as is now expected. Spot of the match has to go to him and that picture perfect suicide dive which is of course the perfect way to make me mark out. We'll say second place for spot of the match goes to Katey Harvey who pulled off an amazing mid-air hurricanrana. My head actually followed her journey through the air. Though perhaps she should be reminded that heels don't do high flying stuff. Finish comes where Bull Riley makes Lucy tap out. Good decision to have the heels go over and solidify them as a strong team in their own right.

Bobby Calaway def. Shadow:
    This one started off as face on face but Shadow turned heel early on. There was one really bad moment where Calaway went for a kick and Shadow was meant to duck thus Calaway kicks the ringpost and starts a leg working story but he didn't duck and got a kick in the head. Other than that the match was fine. One scary moment was when Calaway's leg got twisted so that his foot was literally touching his own face. He busted out a Stratusphere which is something I wasn't expecting. Finish was...unique is the word I'll use. The ref didn't seem like he knew the guy's names though.

Team Mega def. Team Epic to retain the Tag Team Titles:
    Great main event and a nice showcase for the Tag Team Champions. Team Epic brought a boom box out with them and requested to have a dance-off before the match. I think that gets a nomination for in-ring segment of the year. Once they got down to the wrestling, it was a good way to end the night. B-Cool is probably the funniest guy in Irish wrestling right now. I was properly in tears laughing at all his antics including a...let's just say it was an unorthodox leg lock aided by his...undergarments. I'll be honest, I was kind of rooting for Team Epic but the right decision was made to have Team Mega retain. They're good champions and I look forward to seeing what they'll continue to do in their reign. Good end to a solid show.

Still looking for writers for www.irishnewsreview.net

Looking to set up a dedicated irish wrestling section, NLW have come on board as has Dannny "The Pain " Deans who will be our wrestling columnist.

INTERNATIONAL UPROAR!
    SUNDAY APRIL 15th @ 6.30pm
    WOLFE TONE YOUTH CLUB, BRAY, CO. WICKLOW

TICKETS €8 from Frank Doyle's Butchers, Main Street, Bray.
    Also limited tickets available at the door

**This event will feature many wrestlers from the UK and elsewhere, as well as top Irish Talent**
    ALSO BEING TAPED FOR TELEVISION!

NLW presents ... Bank Holiday BeATdoWn!
    BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 7th MAY @ 3.00pm *NOTE EARLY START
    MOAT THEATRE, NAAS, KILDARE (30 Mins from Dublin)

TICKETS €12 from Moat Box Office. Call (045) 883030
    Seats are reserved so early booking is vital to choose your seats.

**SPECIAL TICKET OFFER**
    Book your tickets before March 20th and you will pay only €10 each.
    Front Row Seats Available NOW for just €10!

More info on both shows in the coming days and weeks.

421174_364351526930107_167386333293295_1213816_1762689012_n.jpg

http://irishnewsreview.net/2012/03/15/the-house-of-pain/

Danny "The Pain" Deans opens up his first column for Irish News Review by detailing the highs and lows of professional wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 davepower

It's coming, the announcement you have all been waiting for 21-03-2012. Let the speculation . . . begin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I know I am biting my nails anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

davepower wrote: »
    It's coming, the announcement you have all been waiting for 21-03-2012. Let the speculation . . . begin!

My Ma's birthday?
    The new new new CPW?
    A money mark show/autograph session that will go boom before it happens?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

WRESTLEZONE is back??????

At the affordable cost of €158.23 for 2 days? No money to be taken at the door.

What I would really love is a new Dublin edgy hardcore promotion that puts on an over 18's only show at the same venue every Saturday night (or every fortnight) something like ECW at the Asylum type deal where the same 100-200 of us go every weekend to watch wrestling, drink, hang out, go crazy and have a good time.

And it's broadcast at 3am on TV3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Charisteas wrote: »
    What I would really love is a new Dublin edgy hardcore promotion that puts on an over 18's only show at the same venue every Saturday night (or every fortnight) something like ECW at the Asylum type deal where the same 100-200 of us go every weekend to watch wrestling, drink, hang out, go crazy and have a good time.

And it's broadcast at 3am on TV3.

I'd absolutely love that. Get the core audience of 100 people every week. Guaranteed €4,000 grand a month in gate receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

what you are talking about charisteas is something like what scottish promo ICW do. its full on for an adult audience and lots of ultra violent action. if yo havent seen it its on sky channel 219 every friday night/saturday morning at 1am.

Any results from the MSW show tonight? Good show/crowd?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

According to the dirtsheets you and Mark Savage are back together, brother.

The latest column from Irish wrestler Danny "The Pain" Deans. In it Danny talks about the level of politics existing within the industry.

http://irishnewsreview.net/2012/03/19/the-house-of-pain-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭montyrebel

A wee bump for danny, he will be wrestling with Irish Whip Wrestling at there next show as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 User name 2011

Well its the 21st wats the secret ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW returned this past Patricks Weekend to bring the totally number of counties we've covered this year to 7! Recent debuting IwW stars Stevie Campbell & The Galway Grappler continue to impress with The Galway Grappler picking up a win againt IwW's resident Superhero Captain Rooney & Stevie Campbell putting up a great fight, but ultimately succumbing to IwW Zero Gravity Champion Skaterboi Jeebus. IwW's International Heavyweight Champion also continued to knock back former Powerlifting champion TJ Meehan to retain his title.

Meath

Soultaker Salem beat Stevie Campbell

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his ZG Championship against Tat2 Charlie

Walter Alexander overcame Captain Rooney

Captain Rooney won a 6 man Gaelic Rumble

The Supermodel pinned TJ Meehan for the IwW Heavyweight Belt

Wexford

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his ZG Championship against Tat2 Charlie

Stevie Campbell pinned Walter Alexander

Mandrake & The Galway Grappler beat Captain Rooney & Justin Slammin

Captain Rooney won a 8 man Gaelic Rumble

The Supermodel pinned TJ Meehan for the IwW Heavyweight Belt