Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading pics.

• 12-03-2015 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me before I go crazy here? I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to import photos taken on my Xperia to my laptop.
    Every time I download new pics from my phone, it also downloads about 800 Viber icons. I then have to spend half an hour deleting them all to leave the pics I want easier to find.
    Surely there must be an easy way to stop this happening?
    All advice appreciated, but I'm not a tekkie, so speak slowly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

tony glenn wrote: »
    Can anyone help me before I go crazy here? I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to import photos taken on my Xperia to my laptop.
    Every time I download new pics from my phone, it also downloads about 800 Viber icons. I then have to spend half an hour deleting them all to leave the pics I want easier to find.
    Surely there must be an easy way to stop this happening?
    All advice appreciated, but I'm not a tekkie, so speak slowly!

You'd be better of using Windows to navigate to the pictures folder on your phone and copying and pasting the pics you want. When you plug in your phone does it give you the option to treat it as an external storage device? If so use that and then use Windows Explorer to navigate to relevant folder of your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

mordeith wrote: »
    You'd be better of using Windows to navigate to the pictures folder on your phone and copying and pasting the pics you want. When you plug in your phone does it give you the option to treat it as an external storage device? If so use that and then use Windows Explorer to navigate to relevant folder of your phone

When I connect the phone to the laptop, Dropbox appears and asks to start import. Also a little 'MobileGo' box appears but I clear that. I refuse Dropbox (my free space is full) and then nothing happens until I click on Windows Live Photo Gallery, when that appears I click Import. Then the laptop finds all the photos in my phone. Occasionally it will note that there are only a few NEW pics and transfer them, more often it will transfer them and also ALL the Viber emoticions. I can't see Windows Explorer on my list of programs. Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

tony glenn wrote: »
    When I connect the phone to the laptop, Dropbox appears and asks to start import. Also a little 'MobileGo' box appears but I clear that. I refuse Dropbox (my free space is full) and then nothing happens until I click on Windows Live Photo Gallery, when that appears I click Import. Then the laptop finds all the photos in my phone. Occasionally it will note that there are only a few NEW pics and transfer them, more often it will transfer them and also ALL the Viber emoticions. I can't see Windows Explorer on my list of programs. Any suggestions?

Just open up my computer, and then click on the device that shows up in there. It should be called Xperia or something similar. And you can browse. Don't use those other applications. It should be possible to untick a box to stop them prompting you to import.

Advertisement