Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

etc3 wrote: »
    If you wish I will close my account and I will not be back and you with your sharp eye will never have to read my posts and style of writing ever again. I will oblige. Well what is your choice storminateacup and fans?
    Holy **** dude this is going to far , Im starting to worry about your safety . Have a sleep you will feel better in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 etc3

O.k cloptrop, your wish has been granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Isn't backseat modding against pretty much every charter on the boards forum? Pretending to be someone else petitioning your own return under a moderator status is pretty sad, to be honest.

Anybody else uncomfortable being under backseat mod ship?
    The way things are going of late, it is a not moderator we need, it's the UN :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Lemme break it down for ya in real simple terms.

1 - Im personally baffled why moderators need a regular poster to patrol threads and keep trolls at bay. I'd go as far as saying, if they can't fulfil that duty themselves maybe they a) should give their mod ship to someone that can or b) request additional help.

2 - No poster is more important than another poster, obsessive natures aside we are all on boards as equal members, obviously there are ranks but as a member, my opinion and contribution is just as important as someone else who posts.

3 - You DID suggest Angel become moderator - you said she should be contacted with "position available for moderator - please apply". That is NOT a call for you to make.

4 - I don't appreciate your condescending attitude and if that's your attitude towards new posters in a thread, well wow. You need to work on your social skills.

5- Its a SOAP. It ISNT real life. May I suggest you stop refreshing digitalspy frantically, and maybe step outside once in a while to meet real people and deal with real situations, and maybe it might curb you from attacking people on the Internet.

Please don't reply to me again, I find your posts directed at me rather physcotic.

Oh **** nobody thanked the post , she is gonna get the mod job and ban me .
    I always knew Id end up getting banned , I just didnt think itd end like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Oh this thread. I adore the drama of it.

I don't think Angel would make a good mod here. She's too biased and inclined towards a certain opinion. Also, the spree of recent joiners is a bit silly. Would a bitta sutlety go amiss?

Back to this thread however! The Lucy storyline is so funny. I love how there's not so much a scrap of subtlety. It's like the writers just thought they'd shoehorn it right in. I also love the constant infatuation with Lucy from pretty much everyone bar Laura. Lucy is a creepy, sneaky weirdo but everyone loves if. If FC were gonna attempt this plot, why not cast a lovable character with a past rather than the robot they currently have?

I think Lucy was good casting , shes pretty
    the fellas wont care what shes up to
    shes sweet
    the auld biddies wont care
    shes a robot
    she wont care she is just doing what she is programmed to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Oh this thread. I adore the drama of it.

I don't think Angel would make a good mod here. She's too biased and inclined towards a certain opinion. Also, the spree of recent joiners is a bit silly. Would a bitta sutlety go amiss?

Back to this thread however! The Lucy storyline is so funny. I love how there's not so much a scrap of subtlety. It's like the writers just thought they'd shoehorn it right in. I also love the constant infatuation with Lucy from pretty much everyone bar Laura. Lucy is a creepy, sneaky weirdo but everyone loves if. If FC were gonna attempt this plot, why not cast a lovable character with a past rather than the robot they currently have?

What's the betting that the story of Lucy will come out for the next bank holiday (I think it's Paddy's Weekend). I wonder will the outcome actually be as interesting as some of the scenarios posted here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Emily didn't overdo it with the friendly manner.

Have you a query with my new account? If so, take it up with Mr. E. If you wish to report any poster that is the guideline for queries. You didn't know me in my previous ids either. I assume you made up your username. If I was a paid subscriber I would have the option of changing my username. As it happens I don't pay so deal with it Harry Angstrom or whatever your name really is. You can use my current id if you wish to comment on my posts. It is etc3. I don't owe you any explanation for my reasons for closing accounts, creating new ones or simply suddenly not making comments on boards.ie. c'est la vie. Now back to discussing Fair City which is what this thread is for, or at least should be for.

Well I wish you'd do just that, rather than discussing Angel, who, the last time I checked, isn't a character in Fair City. :P

Well I wish you'd do just that, rather than discussing Angel, who, the last time I checked, isn't a character in Fair City. :P

Yeah but I think etc 3 could be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Yesssssssssssss thank **** thank **** angel and many more are gone..so funny to see so many closed accounts..these are obviously people who couldn't handle the pressure of the while thing..what bull****. We are better off without them..angel couldn't handle any bit of criticism towards the show..I haven't seen FC this week but I am not too bothered cause David is back..he is a terrible actor..his.head is very annoying to look. Since he is back Suzanne is obviously going to be in it a lot more..I don't want to be looking at her ugly head do I. Everytime I see her now it just baffles me as to how someone could have sex with her never mind get her pregnant..why is Damien still with her..has he no memory..that bitch will only take advantage of him again.. :):) PS..still laughing at the amount of closed accounts here hahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

cofy wrote: »
    What's the betting that the story of Lucy will come out for the next bank holiday (I think it's Paddy's Weekend).

I read this as Lucy will come out......will Laura fall for her charms.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Angel had her own gang of sheep, one in particular I can't remember her name but she was always like oh angel you're amazing etc! I had to close my account a few months ago because of the intimidating force that was angel, and her as a mod would be disastrous. Any view other than her own resulted in a sulk. As much as I like fair city I think Angels level of obsession wad unhealthy, name dropping etc, so hopefully now she's gone she can get a hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

If you wish I will close my account and I will not be back and you with your sharp eye will never have to read my posts and style of writing ever again. I will oblige.

Ha, yeah sure. You'll be back tomorrow with a new username, assuming you're etc3, trexo, jthelass, roslin and whoever else you're under.

I think the Fair City thread has their own version of Lucy. Why do you keep closing your account and starting new ones? It’s really sad tbh. Just stick with the same one in future, please

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

^^^ See this line? From this line onwards, no more talk of angel (she's gone, it was her own decision, get over it).

Creating new accounts isn't against the rules unless you've been banned, so no more talk about that either.

Can we please get back to talking about Fair City? Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,016 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Philip is back next week Sean wont be happy

Sean is so cute! If only I was five yrs younger! Fair city try to cover all bases as regards gay characters, disabilities, black characters etc but have they ever had a traveller character?

Sean is so cute! If only I was five yrs younger! Fair city try to cover all bases as regards gay characters, disabilities, black characters etc but have they ever had a traveller character?

They have a nice park for caravans :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They could bring back Blacky from Gelroe.

Elmo wrote: »

He is in Raw now :p

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »

Exactly! Blacky was great, I remember meeting him when I was a kid and thought he was god. There could be a wedding, it'd be great I can just picture esther rolling her eyes and tutting but it'd bring a bit of colour to the street and a different avenue for the writers to work with! I really don't know where all the characters get the cash to eat out so often, get coffee out everyday etc. Am I the only one bringing lunch to work with me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I was quite surprised to see Kelly out in the fresh air talking to Dermot in the street in last nights episode, I was beginning to wonder if she was Demot's domestic slave instead of a foster child...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

vektarman wrote: »
    I was quite surprised to see Kelly out in the fresh air talking to Dermot in the street in last nights episode, I was beginning to wonder if she was Demot's domestic slave instead of a foster child...

That's a very good point. I think she is a great actress, but I was beginning to think that she was very complacent in doing almost everything for Dermish..she was so relaxed when asked to collect Ben or clean the dishes etc...she is the perfect teenager imo!

The Lucy storyline is driving me mad though - to the point where I'm switching off when I see her coming on-screen..I actually don't care what the story is about her anymore, I just wish they'd get on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Yeah its dragging on a bit alright. I like the actress who plays her though. I saw her in Little Women in the Gate Theatre a few months ago and she was very good.
    Fittle wrote: »
    The Lucy storyline is driving me mad though - to the point where I'm switching off when I see her coming on-screen..I actually don't care what the story is about her anymore, I just wish they'd get on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i was SO GLAD to see that somebody finally copped that lucy was a weirdo (laura) .. the lucy thing is super annoying, but still i look forward to seeing how it all pans out. love hearing all the different ideas of what it could be...
    i reckon she has a dodgy past.. she could have been into drugs and had kids taken away from her.. who knows.

And what's the deal with these 'mystery' flatmates, its driving me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

If I found that someone had taken to my photo album with a scissors, I'd be furious!! Photos are all that Delores has left of her family, can't see how she wasn't annoyed with Lucy

Laura's face made that episode for me too, I think she's a pretty good actress and I'm delighted she copped that Lucy may be a few sandwiches short of a picnic! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I like the actress who plays her though. I saw her in Little Women in the Gate Theatre a few months ago and she was very good.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

424841_359066377450800_100000423220563_1357306_1045175663_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

I reckon Lucy is Lorraine's daughter(is that her name, dolores' oldest dead daughter) or Harry's love child, and was given up for adoption. She's deffo related to Delores anyway. Would explain why she knows the social worker too ( sorry if someone already posted this theory but haven't been on in a long while so reading all the posts beforehand would have taken days!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

jobucks wrote: »
    I reckon Lucy is Lorraine's daughter(is that her name, dolores' oldest dead daughter) or Harry's love child, and was given up for adoption. She's deffo related to Delores anyway. Would explain why she knows the social worker too ( sorry if someone already posted this theory but haven't been on in a long while so reading all the posts beforehand would have taken days!)

She's too old to be Lorraine's daughter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement