Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

The end of tonight's episode makes it definite that the truth will emerge. Jo has made the same mistake as the gardaí who were joking about rape at Rossport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Missed it. Can someone give me an update

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sue z wrote: »
    Dermot must be as thick as a plank!

I so wanted him to find out tonight

Is Eileen gone for good now would prefer if Charlotte and Vivienne had left instead

Why didnt Sash say goodbye to Eileen and Denzo :confused:

Does anyone else think we might see a romance blossom between Vivienne and Bob at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Had to sit through this ball of crap tonite because i had no choice
    but wow what a xmas cliff hanger!!! the infants school play i was at was better wrote.il just make sure next year i wont get caught out and have to sit watching it. but one thing its so silly you have to laugh at the rubbish rte throws at ye..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Hi Eradicate - Fair City Christmas Special repeated on RTI 1 @ 12.40. My hubby spotted it in the RTE Guide.

Many happy returns Angel and may 2012 bring good things to you and yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Very poor Christmas episode i thought. It seemed to drag on and on, with very little happening.
    Jo is HUGE now. She must be due any day now. Surely, she should have been written out before she got that big ( it is SO noticable that she is pregnant )

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Eradicate wrote: »

Didn't see it myself, but it's repeated tomorrow at 12:40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

max life wrote: »
    Very poor Christmas episode i thought. It seemed to drag on and on, with very little happening.
    Jo is HUGE now. She must be due any day now. Surely, she should have been written out before she got that big ( it is SO noticable that she is pregnant )

She is due in January. She left about 2 weeks ago. I think it all comes out in early January (least that is when she leaves anyway)

I don't see the need to write her out before now due to her size. It is how she is being filmed, they should be hiding her better...

I am pissed off that Eileen is gone, there was potential there with her & Cass.. her exit was very rushed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Not a whole lot happened plot-wise for any characters that weren't the Bishops, but there were some amusing bits. I found the scenes in the Dowling's household to be quite endearing.

And Dean is a bit of alight altogether. Leo sure has attractive off-spring. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

God!! The "try to pretend everything is ok when it's not" acting from the bishops when Paul came over was awful

• Advertisement

pavcro10 wrote: »
    God!! The "try to pretend everything is ok when it's not" acting from the bishops when Paul came over was awful

I thought it was really funny. :D Not as intended, but hilarious nonetheless.

Eradicate wrote: »

could always catch up on the rte player oh wait ................

im always on the go i get most of my shows online

why the f**k doesnt rte not just pay for its top soap to be on the player eastenders and home and away is bloody on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

What happened tonight..only saw the last 5 minutes when some of the bishops got in the car..who left..Eileen?? Hopefully, she is terrible. Zumo is such a terrible actor as are all the Bishops bar Sash who can act a good bit and is also incredibly hot. No harm to get rid of some of them. It is so comical at times..

The episode is a handy one to recap, so I will, for those who missed it.

Dearbhla threatens to out Jo to Dermot. Ben's video camera conveniently records the conversation.

Bob threatens to report Denzo to the guards. Eileen happens to have bought a villa in Spain. Eileen and Denzo agree to move to Spain, to start again. At the end of the episode, Decco drives Eileen and Denzo away.

Everyone that isn't the above characters go to Leo's house for Christmas dinner. Sash gets a Furby. Val is horny. They all sing and are merry.

That was pretty much the entirety of the episode.

I would have been happy to have been at the Dowlings, it looked a fun gathering :D

Wish Sash would calm down the colour of her hair, it is very peroxide looking :o I have to add that I love Dolores and Pete as a couple, wish Wayne could have been there!!

Seems RTE are on a bit of a cull lately :(

Huge week this week for Tommy & Jo.....

There's plenty of romance to be found under the mistletoe in Carrigstown this Christmas. Suzanne Byrne meets some of the kissing couples!

00055cb2-314.jpg

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1222/faircity.html

Sean Cassidy will feature in the panto with Jedward this year :eek:
    The broadcaster has given one of its young actors the thumbs-up to appear in a Christmas panto -- to improve his acting skills.

Ryan Andrews, who plays teenager Spar manager Sean Cassidy, has revealed that his stage appearance alongside Jedward could help him land bigger storylines in the soap.

He has already experienced the death of his Carrigstown mother, and has been a love interest for schoolgirl Dearbhla Dillon.

But he says the experience -- and "extra pocket money for Christmas" -- lured him to the Olympia for Jedward And The Beanstalk.

"RTE didn't mind my doubling-up at all, they think it's great experience and exposure for me. Hopefully it'll make my character better and give me more coverage," the Donaghmede native told the Herald.

Ryan (18), who trained in London for six months in musical theatre, said his employers at Montrose are very obliging when it comes to taking on work outside of RTE, which allows him to bring in some extra cash for the festive season.

"I love having extra pocket money for Christmas, it's nice to know that the hard work pays off and I can splash out.

"I could never take Fair City as a full-time job, it's more like a very busy part-time thing. But I don't have many expenses aside from petrol money, I live at home and I'm a big saver, so I'm not as badly off as others."

The former St Fintan's Secondary School pupil has been a regular feature on the panto circuit since he was 11, and has been squeezing in rehearsals after a long day's work on the Fair City set.

"I've been head on in Fair City mode lately, working from 6am til 6pm and then heading straight to rehearsals. But I'd rather have loads of work than none at all. It keeps me busy and out of trouble."

Ryan will take to the stage with Jedward and Linda Martin for the sold-out panto run.

"I'm on stage for nearly every scene, so there was so much to prepare and it has been hard to balance both Fair City and panto," he said.

Speaking about his Fair City role, he added: "I've been lucky to have some really good storylines this year, and hopefully there are few more in the New Year for me."

The budding star's career in the industry began when he landed a role on popular RTE drama The Clinic over seven years ago.

"Acting and dancing is definitely what I want to do with my life -- I wouldn't be good at anything else."

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

could always catch up on the rte player oh wait ................

im always on the go i get most of my shows online

why the f**k doesnt rte not just pay for its top soap to be on the player eastenders and home and away is bloody on there

I should point out that it is RTE's only soap. I hope Eileen comes back. She and all the Bishops are what make FC for me. To summarise last nights episode - cringeworthy.Unbelievable poor episode. As soaps go very definetely bottom of the pile.

Fair City tend to usually never do major Christmas day episodes like the other soaps... they usually do their big storylines during the year, they should have done the big reveal on Christmas Day rather than early January... :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Where was Neasa last night??

leahyl wrote: »
    Where was Neasa last night??

She said she would be in London with a friend... weird that you would go away for Christmas to a friend rather than stay with your family... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

and no sign of Finn or Keith either! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I'm really sorry to see Eileen Bishop leaving. I thought there was potential for some good storylines with her and Cass. Her departure just seemed very rushed. Is it even possible to book a flight at the last minute on Christmas day?

I enjoyed Caoimhe taking the p*$s out of Charlotte over selling stuff from the stall. :)

Glad to see Pete and Deloras back together again. Could see them getting married soon. I'd love to see Waynes reaction to that. He'd be thinking that Pete would inherit everything from Deloras leaving less in the will for him.:)

Yvonne was looking great again last night. She's such a bitch but I still fancy her. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

that was a very abrupt goodbye for eileen!

i think ryan (sean cassidy) is a good actor! sounds like a smart kid.
    well for him getting more work.. but god love him having to work with those two eejits (can't stand jedward)

i was very disappointed that jo wasn't outed last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No mention from Niamh or Ray about Gina (didnt she die on Xmas day)

I kinda thought Eileen was sick maybe and thats why she was retiring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I was so sure that Jo would be found out when Dearbhla encountered Dermuppet and Jo.
    Dermuppet says " I don't know how you (JO) are so patient with her?" Jo - the saint.
    They are dragging this out to death. I do hope the consequences are going to be interesting for the viewers to watch when Jo disappears. We have waited long enough and the Dillions don't seem to have satisfied my quest for punishment. I am becoming a little bit cruel but it is only fiction anyway so what is the harm! I think I may give up watching Fair City if this charade goes on much longer.

I think it will come out this week and I think Jo leaves next week.. I believe it will be worth the wait... :) From all accounts, emotional episodes are coming up.....

I love Dermot, he thinks the world of Jo and he will be heartbroken when he finds out :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Was at a xmas panto a few yr back and Ryan was in it. Think it was Hansel and Gretep. He was established then but it wasnt a major part. I think he's very monotone

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Ok! I HAVE to say this! Because it is driving me NUTS!! I am sure the fair city office are aware of this thread and Anyone who thinks ANY of the bishops can act bar sash are seriously deluded and don't know anything about drama. OR anyone who thinks Caoimhe or jo or tommy or Finn are any good, haven't a clue! And are actually doing the show a disservice because the execs will think people will actually put up with this crap. Lads!! It a national soap! Watched by hundreds of thousands!! Raise the bar for christs sake!! The bishops and caoimhme are an embarrassment.

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Ok! I HAVE to say this! Because it is driving me NUTS!! I am sure the fair city office are aware of this thread and Anyone who thinks ANY of the bishops can act bar sash are seriously deluded and don't know anything about drama. OR anyone who thinks Caoimhe or jo or tommy or Finn are any good, haven't a clue! And are actually doing the show a disservice because the execs will think people will actually put up with this crap. Lads!! It a national soap! Watched by hundreds of thousands!! Raise the bar for christs sake!! The bishops and caoimhme are an embarrassment.

You know not everyone thinks the same as you..we all have opinions and are entitled to them, I am certainly not deluded (thanks!) and I love the Bishops, they make the show for me. I am a huge fan especially of Decco and Zumo and they play the roles very well. I miss the Bishops a lot when they are not on camera :D

I also really like Tommy, he does a good job and I enjoy his scenes. As for Jo, I like her, think she acts the part well.

Just because you don't like a character, you don't need to have a go at others that do enjoy them... each to their own and all that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Deccos car reg is that of a Ford Fiesta...you'd think they'd at least get that one right...!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement