Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UL first years 2014-2015

Comments

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Architecture, Engineering, Flying, Computer, Games and Poker. Will give Tea App. a try though :P

Archery, Skydive, Trampoline and Frisbee :P

Ah we're almost completely different, might see you for a cup of tea or a bit of trampolining though :)

Anyone interested in Christian Union, Cumann Gaelach, Fan Forum, Global Aid, History, International, Out UL, Photography or UL Rag? :)

But I would totally consider skydiving...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Musicis4life13

it said on the website it was Israeli self defence. i could be wrong but that's what I'm getting from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Architecture, Engineering, Flying, Computer, Games and Poker. Will give Tea App. a try though :P

Archery, Skydive, Trampoline and Frisbee :P

Best choice on list and I'm not in any way biased... xD

In saying that, sky diving is meant to be great!

Guys, just so ye all know, ye probably won't have much time for more than two clubs and a soc or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Ah we're almost completely different, might see you for a cup of tea or a bit of trampolining though :)

Anyone interested in Christian Union, Cumann Gaelach, Fan Forum, Global Aid, History, International, Out UL, Photography or UL Rag? :)

But I would totally consider skydiving...

Ah, completely the opposite! :P
    sup_dude wrote: »
    Best choice on list and I'm not in any way biased... xD

In saying that, sky diving is meant to be great!

Guys, just so ye all know, ye probably won't have much time for more than two clubs and a soc or two.

I never done it before but I've always had this interest to try it out. Same with sky diving!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Musicis4life13

I'm feeling rowing, trampoline, either sub aqua or swim for clubs and UL Rag maybe racing and motor sport or ULFM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

(Archery club is awesome, just saying...)

Back in first year I joimed archery, went to the first training and absolutely destroyed the inside of my elbow. Apparently hyperextended elbows and bow strings dont go well. Especially when you hit the same spot twice -.- I had a bruise nearly the length of my arm. It wad not a fun cycle home :P

I never done it before but I've always had this interest to try it out. Same with sky diving!

There's very very few people who've shot before coming to training. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

iLaura wrote: »
    Back in first year I joimed archery, went to the first training and absolutely destroyed the inside of my elbow. Apparently hyperextended elbows and bow strings dont go well. Especially when you hit the same spot twice -.- I had a bruise nearly the length of my arm. It wad not a fun cycle home :P

Ohh I have elbows that bend backwards :P I've a full length arm guard but soon learned to keep my elbows where they should be :D Much easier that the whelts you get otherwise

Ah here, this is getting dangerous! No way they'll give us a horse now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

i joined the poker society last year, id recommend it

• Advertisement

i joined the poker society last year, id recommend it

Had a few poker nights my friends this summer. Really enjoyed them and I'd suppose it would be a good way to make friends really

Ah here, this is getting dangerous! No way they'll give us a horse now!

I blame it on my funky elbows. Though out of our group of like 8 three of us ended up hurting ourselves. But shhhh...I want to see white horses frolocking around on campus so uh...none of that happened...yeah...

Ohh I have elbows that bend backwards :P I've a full length arm guard but soon learned to keep my elbows where they should be :D Much easier that the whelts you get otherwise

I wouldnt call this a whelt :P it looked like a car ran over my arm or something, and I couldnt bend it for like 2 weeks. Iirc I posted a pic of it on the archery page that time 2 years ago. A full length guard probably woulda come in handy, but after that faithful night I never returned...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CheyK

Anyone thinking of joining games soc? I'm also thinking about trampolining and marketing.

Does anybody know how you go about volunteering for ents?

CheyK wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of joining games soc? I'm also thinking about trampolining and marketing.

Does anybody know how you go about volunteering for ents?

I'm joining Games purely for Xbox gaming :D

I wouldnt call this a whelt :P it looked like a car ran over my arm or something, and I couldnt bend it for like 2 weeks. Iirc I posted a pic of it on the archery page that time 2 years ago. A full length guard probably woulda come in handy, but after that faithful night I never returned...

Did you remove it? Went for a creep and couldn't find it.

Did you remove it? Went for a creep and couldn't find it.

I dont think so? :P I'll have a look on my hard drive for it. All I can say was that it was very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Peasant.. :p

Is there a full list of all these clubs/soc?

Peasant.. :p

Is there a full list of all these clubs/soc?

I do have a PC :P But I do need a new PSU as mine's too weak for my specs

http://clubsandsocs.ul.ie/clubssocs/#clubssocs

Be prepared for copious amounts of SoulCalibur being played on the XBox. There are many there that have affectionately called the XBox the SoulCalibur machine :P

• Advertisement

I just want to take part in the Zombies and Assassin game that goes on all over campus :)

I hope there are some MW2 and Zombies gamers. That's all I ever play on Xbox these days :P

Do play GTAV on the odd day or two but I can't wait for it to be released on PC as the graphics will be amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

For you guys who like movies, tv shows and comic books - Marvel or DC, etc,etc etc, Fan forum is a good society or that. Bit of an eccentric bunch but if you feel like you can handle us then you should join :)

If that wasn't propaganda, I don't know what is :P

When I was a first year (makes me sound like a grandma), I joined 4 clubs/socs and ended up going to 1 meeting that whole year hahaha got too busy with friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Migle

Anyone going to do Business Studies in UL this year? :) Would be great to get to know anyone that's going there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Migle wrote: »
    Anyone going to do Business Studies in UL this year? :) Would be great to get to know anyone that's going there! :D

There will be hundreds, don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

I'm coming up on the 1st but I don't know anyone going to UL at all, I hope I end up living with some sound people :P

Is the soccer club friendly ? Love playing soccer and watching it but I've never played for a team(from a gaa town). Also will probably join the music and games society, I'm fairly bad at bass guitar but I hope to get some practise with fellow musicians !

Midkemia wrote: »
    I'm coming up on the 1st but I don't know anyone going to UL at all, I hope I end up living with some sound people :P

Is the soccer club friendly ? Love playing soccer and watching it but I've never played for a team(from a gaa town). Also will probably join the music and games society, I'm fairly bad at bass guitar but I hope to get some practise with fellow musicians !

AFAIK soccer are sound enough, my friend had to take photos for them and she said they were all lovely. I know nothing about the music soc tbh, and G Soc are all lovely, if a bit eccentric :P
    [Ps, awesome username]

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

AFAIK soccer are sound enough, my friend had to take photos for them and she said they were all lovely. I know nothing about the music soc tbh, and G Soc are all lovely, if a bit eccentric :P
    [Ps, awesome username]

Thats good to hear! Eccentric people tend to be good craic, although my gaming these days is limited to clash of clans and I don't think they'd be impressed with football manager being my favourite series. Oh a fellow magician fan? \o/

Migle wrote: »

I am! I thought I was the only one :D

• Advertisement

Midkemia wrote: »
    Thats good to hear! Eccentric people tend to be good craic, although my gaming these days is limited to clash of clans and I don't think they'd be impressed with football manager being my favourite series. Oh a fellow magician fan? \o/

I know a good few of them League of Legends, and then along with consoles you can find some of them playing Magic the Gathering and other card games like that. Every Wednesday they usually have a console day that runs from 12 and you can go in and play whatever.

Yup, fellow magician :P Totes the first female Great One :P

Advertisement