Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leveling floor with liquid screed

Options
  • 23-11-2015 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I just bought a house (second hand) and was wondering about using a liquid screed over concrete on the floor downstairs (about 150sqm). I know all the pro's and con's etc.

I dont plan on putting down UFH. Basically the floors are a disgrace and need purely to be leveled.

What would be the best advice in terms of leveling the floor? I pulled up the lino and all that is underneath is the concrete from the foundations (and that looks like it was just pumped in and never even skimmed) so I need to level that and bring it all up before I can get it tiled. I also have the problem that I cant raise the floor much due to the doors etc so maybe 50mm would be the very max I could lay.

What would be best way of doing this? Can the liquid or concrete be just poured onto the floor or is there much prep work involved?

Thanks for the help (I'm lost)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

The tiler will usually put down a floor levelling compound before tiling if it is that bad.

Advertisement