Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Chelsea Team Turnbull; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand; Ramires, Romeu; Piazon, Mata, Moses; Torres

Everton Team Mucha, Coleman, Oviedo, Heitinga, Distin, Naismith, Gueye, Fellaini, Junior, Mirallas, Anichebe

Sunderland Team Westwood, Gardner, Rose, Kilgallon, Meyler, Cattermole, Vaughan, Colback, McClean, Sessegnon, Saha

Swansea Team Tremmel, Tiendalli, Monk, Ki, Davies, Britton, Gower, Michu, Richards, Routledge, Moore

Man City Team Pantilimon, Nastasic, Toure, Rodwell, Milner, Barry, Kolarov, Razak, Tevez, Suarez, Balotelli

Villa Team Given; Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Bennett; El Ahmadi, Delph, N'Zogbia; Agbonlahor, Benteke, Weimann

West Ham Team Henderson, Spence, Tomkins, McCartney, Potts, Noble, O'Neil, Vaz Te, Jarvis, Maiga, Hall

Wigan Team Al Habsi, Caldwell, Jones, McManaman, McArthur, Boselli, Ramis, Stam, Piscu, Figueroa, Miyaichi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Is this gone now? Cant see it in the powerplay section.

Yeah this gone now, got €20 on it anyway, was going to put more and twas gone. Threw €50 on S'land West Ham and Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Gone for acca of HT/FT for Everton, Sunderland and Swansea with Chelsea -1. €5 returns about €260.

Single bets
    Swindon v Burnley
    Charlie Austin anytime 2/1 joint-top goalscorer in the championship with seven

Chelsea v Wolves
    Chelsea goals over 2.5 Evs

MK Dons v Sunderland
    Sunderland 13/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Strong offensive line ups by both Chelsea and Man City against so called much weaker teams
    Man City (-1) @ 5/6
    Chelsea (-1) @ 4/6
    Double
    Large single on City (-1)

and fun bet of all games over 0.5 first half goals @ i forget tbh but its about 15/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gone for
    westham 5/6
    everton 4/6
    btts soton/sheffwed 8/13
    works out at 3.93/1 (365)

had it in my head all day to have a decent bet on everton but
    these cup games can be unpredictable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Like the look of that Wigan team tonight... They also have a decent record in the League Cup.... Allardyce looks like he's not bothered w the team he has picked there
    Wigan at 18/5 all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

magherakid wrote: »
    Single bets
    Swindon v Burnley

Chelsea v Wolves

MK Dons v Sunderland
    Sunderland 13/10
    What bookie was that with??:eek:

Ladbrokes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Bastia @ 1.70 (vs Metz)

Bastia are playing at home where they were very strong the past 2 seasons. They play well, their problem is that their defenders are just not good enough for the Ligue 1, but it shouldn't be a problem here cuz Metz are a 3rd division team. Last year Bastia beat them twice in Ligue 2 (3-0 at home). Bastia's coach said he's gonna select the best team possible for this cup game.

edit: Metz have 2 suspended players for this game, one of them being a defender.

boom :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

boom :D

Cheers lad I followed you on that. Damn you know your football!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Single bets
    Swindon v Burnley

Chelsea v Wolves

MK Dons v Sunderland
    Sunderland 13/10

great picking
    hope sunder hold on for you

Tottenham to keep a clean sheet @ 2.20 looks a good bet, this is a cup game so surely Lloris will play, and I can't see Lloris concede a goal against a 3rd division team even with AVB's disastrous tactics. I'll just wait to make sure he starts the game.

Single bets
    Swindon v Burnley

Chelsea v Wolves

MK Dons v Sunderland
    Sunderland 13/10

boom :D 3/3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Strong offensive line ups by both Chelsea and Man City against so called much weaker teams
    Man City (-1) @ 5/6
    Chelsea (-1) @ 4/6
    Double
    Large single on City (-1)

and fun bet of all games over 0.5 first half goals @ i forget tbh but its about 15/1

Hate them chitty feckers!!!!!

Shane St. wrote: »
    Like the look of that Wigan team tonight... They also have a decent record in the League Cup.... Allardyce looks like he's not bothered w the team he has picked there
    Wigan at 18/5 all over it

AWWWW yeah :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im suprised by the odds on Toronto in the CONCACAF against the worse team in the 3 team group (and most likely the cup it self) Aguila. Toronto beat them easily 5-1 last time

AH -1 looks fair tasty. Unless there's stuff like injuries or somthing, the bookies are underestimating Toronto

Now I know they have been awful in the league but jebus they should beat Aguila handy enough. Iv watched Aguila matches in the cup and they are awful

Ill have to do some research on injuries etc

edit

found this
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/24/big-game-for-tfc-more-like-big-deal

I think ill leave it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Lass, what ya reckon on Monaco in the Cup tomorrow ? is it a step too far ? I know you had said before Ranieri is taking the Cups seriously so will he play a full strength team ?

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Lass, what ya reckon on Monaco in the Cup tomorrow ? is it a step too far ? I know you had said before Ranieri is taking the Cups seriously so will he play a full strength team ?

He will definitely play a full strength team, they're eager to test themselves against a Ligue 1 team, but... Wolf (CB & captain), Carrasco (winger) and their best player Toure are all doubtful for this game. I wouldn't touch Monaco anyway, Valenciennes have had a decent start to the season.

Maghera what are u on 2mrw lad?? You are on fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Some shower of **** betting during this oz time difference,not been able to see the line ups pre match is a waste of time,mustn't bother with lge cup games or anything on at 7.45,8pm.a weakened West ham beaten 1-4 to ruin my bet..what a load of rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Im suprised by the odds on Toronto in the CONCACAF against the worse team in the 3 team group (and most likely the cup it self) Aguila. Toronto beat them easily 5-1 last time

AH -1 looks fair tasty. Unless there's stuff like injuries or somthing, the bookies are underestimating Toronto

Now I know they have been awful in the league but jebus they should beat Aguila handy enough. Iv watched Aguila matches in the cup and they are awful

Ill have to do some research on injuries etc

edit

found this
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/24/big-game-for-tfc-more-like-big-deal

I think ill leave it

3-0 Toronto :)

hopefully someone was it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

There have been a few cup upsets yesterday in Holland where amateur teams at least made it to extra time, some winning after penalties.
    The 5 of the 7 matches with a E or P were amateurs playing pro's

A few more today that could go that way where it is Topklasse against Jupiler league.
    The difference between these 2 divisions, certainly if it is top amateur division vs lower Jupiler league, is quite small.
    Jupiler league club often chose youth over experience when taking a player under contract so quite a few ex-pro's end up in the Topklasse.

Matches that could give you value today if you take the amateurs in a double chance:

Rijnsburgse Boys - Volendam
    Kloetinge - Telstar
    Kozakken Boys - Heerenveen

Last one is more based on how things are going for Heerenveen at the moment. Not playing that bad but everything that can go wrong, goes wrong for them.

And it pains me to say but i dont think Feyenoord will have it easy against NEC (Nijmegen) tonight.

I am not a expert in womens football but i think Barcelona W - Arsenal W should be considered.

Arsenal made it to the semi finals of the CL last season while i cant find Barca in that tournament at all, only looked back till the 1/16th finals though.

Had good fun in the Spanish womens league with Barca last season as they were wiping ever opponent away and lost only 2 matches all season, scoring 119 goals.
    I cant compare their squad from last season to this season but i think they had some dramatic changes as in the current season, 3 matches in, they already lost 2x.

Last night Arsenal W could be got @evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Lookin at this treble, anyone got any fair points to talk me out of it? My rationale is simple; Liverpool haemorrhaging goals combined with WBA's strong start to season (abeit with 4 goals conceded in 5 games), and the other two are self-explanatory:

WBA v Liverpool BTTS 4/6
    Arsenal win 2/9
    Spurs win 4/9

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

babymanval wrote: »
    Lookin at this treble, anyone got any fair points to talk me out of it? My rationale is simple; Liverpool haemorrhaging goals combined with WBA's strong start to season (abeit with 4 goals conceded in 5 games), and the other two are self-explanatory:

WBA v Liverpool BTTS 4/6
    Arsenal win 2/9
    Spurs win 4/9

Arsenal will most likely win but i would touch them at that price considering they will be playing with a very young squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

inforfun wrote: »

Last night Arsenal W could be got @evens.
    It's 2.3 at bwin at the moment.

Also, does anyone else like WBA to have a clean sheet - everybody knows about LIverpool goalscoring problems and WBA didn't concede at home in 6 out of their 7 last matches. They are 3/1 to get a clean sheet at Paddy Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

stingerro wrote: »
    It's 2.3 at bwin at the moment.

Also, does anyone else like WBA to have a clean sheet - everybody knows about LIverpool goalscoring problems and WBA didn't concede at home in 6 out of their 7 last matches. They are 3/1 to get a clean sheet at Paddy Power.

I had considered this, but we are in a position where our fringe players tend to score more than our first team weekly PL players. We put 5 past YBB last week with most likely a very similar team to the one that'll line up tonight. I'd say Assaidi etc will be in the squad later.

Last one is more based on how things are going for Heerenveen at the moment. Not playing that bad but everything that can go wrong, goes wrong for them.

A little more on Heerenveen, i just read that their best player by far, Djuricic is injured and will not play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 samsonmcmuffin

A little more on Heerenveen, i just read that their best player by far, Djuricic is injured and will not play.

Great research ! What will you be going for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement