Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mick Wallace and Clare Daly reportedly arrested at Shannon airport.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Poor auld Mick won't like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

How feckin easy is it to break into Shannon airport? First that auld one and now these eejits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Yeah, good old neutral Ireland but business is business. I suppose you would have no objection to the US transporting nuclear weapons through Shannon as long as they bought a a few quids worth of duty free.

No problem at all. I believe the war on terror is justified so if we can assist in any way that's fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Owryan wrote: »
    Publicity stunt, their supporters will applaud and cheer. The crusties will hold hands and fight the good fight.

In the real world people will tut tut and call it a stunt.

All the while life goes on and planes arrive and depart.

Nice poem, more rhyme would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

jimgoose wrote: »
    I have no issues with nuclear weapons full-stop.

Judging by that statement I'd say you have plenty of issues. :D

• Advertisement

bajer101 wrote: »
    Typical Irish attitude. Ah sure who cares if the planes were involved in illegal renditions. Sure weren't they bringing in a few bob to the area!

The majority of flights that come in are simply civilian jets carrying troops. They are operated by omni air international. Don't belive everything the shannonwatch crusties tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Judging by that statement I'd say you have plenty of issues. :D

Surprisingly little, mind you. Aside from the usual ones about right-on lefty types assuming they're right by definition and getting straight to the personal abuse without even any intervening foaming-at-the-mouth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Are military aircraft usually inspected by Gardai or anyone to make sure there are no weapons on board when using the airport? How is that law enforced, or do they even bother trying to enforce it?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Did Mick park in the staff area in Shannon or is it only Dublin that Claire can give him the pass for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Mick, Clare, next stop Guanatanemo.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, USA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

No problem at all. I believe the war on terror is justified so if we can assist in any way that's fine by me.

Perhaps Ireland could begin the 'war on terror' by protecting its airports from 80 year old women and hippy politicans. Don't make me laugh - Ireland's war on terror and we don't even have a clue who is coming in and out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Anyone wrote: »
    How is Mick Wallace a public representative? He is an embarrassment

Only in Ireland could the protest vote following a massive property crash go to a dodgy builder :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Is there a law against having weapons/detainees on planes going through here?

gramar wrote: »
    Ming is probably still hiding in the landing gear.

Ming doesn't need an aeroplane to get high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

For the people who are slagging them off or who have a problem with what they were doing, this is the way I see it. The majority of the citizens of Ireland do not want Shannon airport used a hub for illegal military stopovers. Wallace and Daly are also of this view and were elected as representatives of the citizens. As publicly elected representatives they tried to take action against the practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Careful now or mick will hire a hitman to take care of anyone who disagrees with him!

How do you know what the majority think? Anyone I've talked to around my locality fully supports it. Just cos a shower of left wing crusties say something doesn't means it's accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

bajer101 wrote: »
    The majority of the citizens of Ireland do not want Shannon airport used a hub for illegal military stopovers.

I'm going to suggest as a counterpoint that the majority don't give a damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He has never been the same since he left Led Zeppelin

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Careful now or mick will hire a hitman to take care of anyone who disagrees with him!

How much money does he owe the irish taxpayer again? ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

was he wearing his pink TShirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

The majority of flights that come in are simply civilian jets carrying troops. They are operated by omni air international. Don't belive everything the shannonwatch crusties tell you

Crusties haven't told me anything. I have no problem with Shannon being used for legal purposes and I am sure that neither do Wallace or Daly. What I, and most people have a problem with is that Shannon may be used for illegal renditions. Wikileaks revealed that Dermot Ahearn was also convinced that Shannon was being illegally used. There is possible illegal action taking place and two elected representatives are trying to stop it and all some people can do is slag them off. Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

How much will prosecuting them cost the taxpayer? They're a pair of attention whores. Are there not enough real issues they could be addressing, things that actually matter to the day to day lives of people living in this country? W*nkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Shame they didn't get on one of the planes and get transported to Gitmo!! That would have been a win win situation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Perhaps Ireland could begin the 'war on terror' by protecting its airports from 80 year old women and hippy politicans. Don't make me laugh - Ireland's war on terror and we don't even have a clue who is coming in and out of the country.

haha.. great point

People will undoubtedly call for Wallace and Daly to be locked up over this, pretending that they give a **** about the laws of the land, while at the same time excusing the fact that the law of the land is routinely ignored and unenforced when Shannon is used by foreign militaries.

Specialun wrote: »
    was he wearing his pink TShirt?

I should hope so - Hi-vis clothing is mandatory on the airfield :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

The sexual tension is driving them to do crazy things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I'd say the mad trendy hair on Mick was a bit of a giveaway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Are military aircraft usually inspected by Gardai or anyone to make sure there are no weapons on board when using the airport? How is that law enforced, or do they even bother trying to enforce it?

Is there a law,the soldiers are armed.What kind of weapons is the law for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

Hand them both over to the US for attacking US Military.

Advertisement