Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poet, Activist, Parkinson's sufferer and Granny (80), likes her porridge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm just pissed off that they let her out a week early. Should have let her stay in on hunger strike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

That's some picture. :eek:

Well, orange is the new black......

I'm just pissed off that they let her out a week early. Should have let her stay in on hunger strike.

She wasn't on hunger strike!
    "Ms D’Arcy (80), who was serving part of a second prison sentence over her opposition to the US military use of Shannon Airport, said she had to defecate in the same cell where she ate her meals, and that she was locked up for 23 hours a day."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

"Ms D’Arcy (80), who was serving part of a second prison sentence over her opposition to the US military use of Shannon Airport, said she had to defecate in the same cell where she ate her meals, and that she was locked up for 23 hours a day."

Was it the last time the silly bint was inside that she threatened to go on hunger strike? What did she expect.....A holiday camp?

bumper234 wrote: »
    Was it the last time the silly bint was inside that she threatened to go on hunger strike? What did she expect.....A holiday camp?
    She said she was going on hunger strike this time, again I quote the article "She had gone on a limited hunger strike as an act of solidarity with victims of war around the world."

• Advertisement

She said she was going on hunger strike this time, again I quote the article "She had gone on a limited hunger strike as an act of solidarity with victims of war around the world."

Must have skipped tea and biscuits at 6pm in support of them :D

God love her, she didn't get her little apartment in Limerick like she had at the Dochas centre in Dublin. Silly bint, writing dreadful poetry, boring the arse off everyone and not having the decency to just feck off and die shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

gctest50 wrote: »
    She is terrorist filth
    Ah here. Disagree away with what she does, but she isn't a terrorist in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

jayus, John Gilligan didnt get this much hate...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Magaggie wrote: »
    Ah here. Disagree away with what she does, but she isn't a terrorist in fairness.

She wanted/wants people to boycott Shannon

She went on an active runway

Some people may now be afraid to use Shannon in case her and her helpers do something more drastic

Sounds like terrorism that

Its much the same as running into an operating theatre in a hospital to protest at long waiting times in A&E - you just don't do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Very posh - why can't she take a dump like the rest of us?

Satriale wrote: »
    jayus, John Gilligan didnt get this much hate...

Boo hoo.

What in God's name is a 'limited hunger strike'? What ever it is, it hasn't stopped her putting her foot in her mouth.

Silly bint.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

What in God's name is a 'limited hunger strike'? What ever it is, it hasn't stopped her putting her foot in her mouth.

Silly bint.

I've after going on a limited hunger strike since about 9pm last night. Will very near a 12 hour "hunger strike".

Someone should develop software for ankle bracelets that self destructs if the person comes within X-metres of a certain place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The woman is not well obviously, she needs to be housed at a State facility. I know that many of you have argued that she's bled the state enough in her lifetime but that can't mean that we don't take care of her now!! It's a bad sign for any society to neglect it's elders in need.

The woman is not well obviously, she needs to be housed at a State facility. I know that many of you have argued that she's bled the state enough in her lifetime but that can't mean that we don't take care of her now!! It's a bad sign for any society to neglect it's elders in need.

She's been in a state facility for the last few weeks. But i do agree she should be locked up in a secure mental.facility for her own safety and moreso for the safety of others who she endangers with her stupid antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

bumper234 wrote: »
    She's been in a state facility for the last few weeks. But i do agree she should be locked up in a secure mental.facility for her own safety and moreso for the safety of others who she endangers with her stupid antics.

Yes sorry I meant a facility outside of the prison system. Something like you described.

Have to agree with you totally. She needs to be held in a secure, non prison, place for her own safety. Obsessions like hers are not healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Boo hoo.

Talk to Joe, sunshine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Silly bint.

Leaving aside the thread, I love that word. I only ever seem to see it on boards.

Eh yeah, carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Guantanamo Bay is secure

c_man wrote: »
    Leaving aside the thread, I love that word. I only ever seem to see it on boards.

Eh yeah, carry on

Heard it all the time when I worked in Newcastle - it's Arabic in origin, reputed to have been brought back by Geordie soldiers serving in the Middle East.......

.......also it's use is entirely appropriate in relation this person!

Really? I would have thought toothless and the 2 unwashed of the Dail. Not something to be proud of at all, shameful attention whoring on the parts of Daly and Wallace, no doubt inspired by D'arcy's attentiong whoring and the coverage she's received in the newspapers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Really? I would have thought toothless and the 2 unwashed of the Dail. Not something to be proud of at all, shameful attention whoring on the parts of Daly and Wallace, no doubt inspired by D'arcy's attentiong whoring and the coverage she's received in the newspapers.

Do you not think that they may have a point?

Ranchu wrote: »
    Do you not think that they may have a point?

No, I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

No, I don't.

So you think that irish planes that are suspected of carrying arms would pass through American airports without being inspected?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Guantanamo Bay is secure

Hmmm. Plenty of runways there.

http://www.cubavacationstravel.com/cubamaps/Guantanamo/guantanamo_bay_US_naval_base.html

Although they could give her McCalla Airfield all to herself to play on.

Seeing as it's closed !

So you think that irish planes that are suspected of carrying arms would pass through American airports without being inspected?

Honestly, I really don't care. There is a necessity for what happens, like it or not, that's the real world, it might be unpalatable but there it is nontheless.

• Advertisement

in what scenario would Irish planes being carrying arms through US airports? And what do you mean by 'Irish' planes? Planes operated by the Air Corps (and under the control of the government) or Irish companies operating aircraft (whether or not Irish registered) or Irish registered aircraft being operated by foreign companies / governments?

Plus given the number of Irish registered planes leased out around the world the chances are some are carrying arms (and probably worse) at any given time.

Advertisement