Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESBI Graduate Program 2014

• 18-03-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

Has anyone got any comments/information on ESBI as a graduate employer? (graduate intake, job responsibilities, pay, overall assessment etc.).
    I have an interview with them this week for the graduate electrical engineering roles and I'm looking for a bigger picture than what I can read from their website. I'm currently finishing up my ME in Electrical Engineering having done a BSc in eng science.

I have looked at a few previous ESBI threads but they are a couple of years old at this stage so I'm looking for more up to date info if possible ;)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shhiciey90

Hi there,

Congrats on getting your interview. I just got called into an interview today and was wondering how you got on? What kind of stuff were they asking you about?

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as you in regards to information about the company. Beyond their website, I dont know a huge amount about them. My dad used to work for Networks and loved it. But obviously thats not the same thing and he stopped working there a few years ago.

Hope it went well for you. Any help you could give me would be much appreciated. Absolutely planking at this stage :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 27 millser19

Interview was grand actually, quite short too. The technical part was what I was worried about but that turned out to be based on past work experience and college modules so easy enough! From what I gather talking to others who also did the interview, it is generally short and sweet with no surprises at all, but the trouble is its hard to know how well you did

Nice one, well done. Hopefully you get some good news soon enough.

In terms of your modules, what kind of questions were they asking you? I'm just curious because I'm doing a masters in a slightly different field and wondering if they're just looking at general personality stuff (e.g. what kind of modules do you like) or is it more specific/technical (e.g. define Ohm's law and then write a small poem about it)

Nah nothing like that, they asked about the modules I had done over the last two years and gpa's for those years. They asked about some of the team based modules I had done over my degree and what they were about, and they asked what was my favorite one. . i'd say its more to get a feel for your background and personality than anything else.

Perhaps more technical were the questions about work experience and past placements, about the roles and responsibilities and the overall job you did, but again, nothing tough.

Lovely stuff. Well thanks for the help, much appreciated. Hope it goes well for you. See you in September hopefully ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 dmullen92

Hi Guys,

Congrats on getting the interviews. I've also got one for ESBI next week and was just wondering have ya's heard any thing yet or have any other advise?

Hey,

Well done yourself. The interview essentially focuses on your past experiences. I think the interviewers go through a copy of your cv and talk about the most interesting parts. I did a huge amount of prep but alot of the stuff I had prepared didnt actually come up in the end.

But, like in most interviews, its really important to just be calm and try to represent yourself as well as possible. Aside from this, try to know your cv as well as possible and link it back to esb networks/international if possible.

Hope it goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HangSangidge

Hi Guys,

Congrats on everyone getting the interview, has anyone heard any feedback yet? I have my interview this thursday (17th April) for the graduate mechanical engineer role, did anyone else interview for this position?

I notice everyone seems to think its a pretty relaxed interview with no curve balls, but if there are any last minute tips it would be greatly appericated :)

Hope everyone gets good news,

Colin

Hi Colin,

I've my interview tomorrow for the mechanical engineering position ill let ya know how i get on, i promise i wont sabotage the competition :P ha. Yea from what i can gather anyways there doesn't seem to be anything to worrisome in the interviews basic enough from the sounds of it

Daniel

Sound Daniel, I'll have to slip the interviewers a fifty for the job haha. Where are you studying? I assume its not DCU or we would probably know each other :) good luck tomorrow, look forward the hearing how it goes & I hope it goes well for you!!

• Advertisement

haha good plan :P, I'm studying at NUIG so bit of a trek tomorrow ha cheers :) same to you.

well colin, i had my interview there earlier and it was pretty much what i expected tbh nutten to difficult just basically went true my cv asked about diffrent subjects/project and my experience. if ya have any other questions let me know. good luck :)

Just had the interview there, it was your standard interview, mostly just asked about college & work experience. They said I'd hear back in about 2 weeks if I have got the position. Has anyone here heard back?

Colin

The electricals took 4-6 weeks !! grr . . I know 6 or 7 people who went for them, but most including myself didnt get it, and we only found out there yesterday. . Two people did get them though, they found out friday

Hi Millser19,

sorry to hear you didnt get it, I'm sure there is something else out there for ya :) 4-6 weeks is fairly long to make you wait, but at least they told you, I applied for jaguar landrover before xmas and never heard anything again! good luck with the job hunt!

also Daniel, glad to hear it went well, I hope you hear good news :)

Colin

• Registered Users Posts: 3 the_merchant

Hi all,
    Had my interview as well today, no real surprises with regards to the interview, final year modules, work experience were discussed and some technical questions were asked. Seems like a very interesting program, would love to get it, guess we will know in 2 weeks time :)

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything yet?

Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 3 the_merchant

Nope nothing yet anyway

I have heard nothing yet either! i'll let you know if I do.

All the best,

Colin

Hi everybody,

was wondering if anyone out there got offered the job and are thinking about looking for a place ta live or people ta live with in September? figured it might be a bit of crack if there was a few graduates living together?

• Advertisement
Advertisement