Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

• 24-07-2007 5:02pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭

Please use this instead of creating new threads every day of the same type. This can serve to see who is going, what is the best value, how many runners it gets, and then for results if any boardsie wants to post any. Any threads posted outside this will get merged into here. From July 25th this will be enforced. If this isn't working after a couple of weeks then we can do away with this, but it should remove some of the clutter from the sub forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

run it up the flagpole and see i it flies I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

It seems the fitz is the only option for non jackpot degenerates tonight then, anyone else heading there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Jackpot Cash Games gonna be crazy tonight. Mite pop in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

good work Dom, that was quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

wes when are you next playing? i'll drop those books in to you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Where's the 'in' place to be for a tourney tonight lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone heading in tonight for this

Wednesday
    €40 + €5 + €10 Scalp tournament with 1 x €40 Re-buy or Top up
    Starting stack 3,000 + 4,000 for re-buy or top up. Clock 20 min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Ace2007 wrote:
    Anyone heading in tonight for this

Wednesday
    €40 + €5 + €10 Scalp tournament with 1 x €40 Re-buy or Top up
    Starting stack 3,000 + 4,000 for re-buy or top up. Clock 20 min.

There's a new sticky for this topic at the top of the forum.....

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

in before merge/lock

Shadowless wrote:
    in before merge/lock

whats this about?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OK, that's 2 threads merged already with this. Hopefully in a few days it will calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭pumpkinpints

So will this be cleared everyday or do we just run an everlasting one like the BB sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

I'm thinking about playing this tonight, haven't played it in a long time. What sort of runners does this game get?

And is it a 8.30 start

I think it is officially an 8pm start now, but not sure. I think it got ~80 runners last month. I may play this.

yea its a good tourney - usually between 80 and 100,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

im in....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,095 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I may be in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Misneach

Hey is this event on tonight> Could anyone tell me the structure, min levels and start stacks and how many runners also normally? Also how do I get there? Many thanks...

I'm not sure if the structure is the same as last time I palyed it a few months ago, but I think it is:

6.5k starting stack,
    3x25 min blinds
    5x30 min blinds
    Then 40 min blinds
    Normally around 80-100 runners.

It is just off Merrion Square, across from the EBS headquarters on Fitzwilliam Street Lower. If you need more directions post here.

thnx m8, much appreciated. Is there a dress code? 3/4 shorts allowed? runners? or is it pretty smart?

• Advertisement

As long as you have clothes on you are fine :)

Nothing to speak of with dress code.

super stuff, thnx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Anyone heading jackpot tonight? 20 freezeout and cash afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭mrflash

are you sure about the structure? and are you sure about the prizepool? are you sure about anything in the fitz anymore after the calamitous ladbrokes affair? does this place respect the customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭themilkyone

could somebody please explain wat exactly happened with the ladbrokes ticket last week,i keep hearing mixed rumours goin about the jackpot an the fitz an i'd quite likw to know the full story...so if anyone knows please post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

could somebody please explain wat exactly happened with the ladbrokes ticket last week,i keep hearing mixed rumours goin about the jackpot an the fitz an i'd quite likw to know the full story...so if anyone knows please post

Theres a huge thread on this page.

Fitz got 83 runner tonight for the EOM, very good tourney - just pity i was card dead for the night, ah well - theres always the scaples tomorrow night...

mrflash wrote:
    are you sure about the structure? and are you sure about the prizepool? are you sure about anything in the fitz anymore after the calamitous ladbrokes affair? does this place respect the customer?
    How many of your 96 posts to date have been anti Fitz? At least 15 I'd say. If you don't like the place, don't go and leave it at that. There are other threads where you have said your piece, no need to go bringing it up all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭mrflash

all i can say is that i was a fitz fan until last week.

• Advertisement

Well your point has been noted, several times.

Advertisement