Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Would there be need to do this on an Mac desktop...?

I assume you can, but I wouldn't know how to, better of checking google :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Mak_United wrote: »
    I assume you can, but I wouldn't know how to, better of checking google :)

So how much RAM would minecraft use if you gave it a lot, would it use all of it only use it if its needed

My laptop has 4GB , i can give it 2GB and 2GB for everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Kenno90 wrote: »
    So how much RAM would minecraft use if you gave it a lot, would it use all of it only use it if its needed

My laptop has 4GB , i can give it 2GB and 2GB for everything else

Well It won't use it all, you can check it by pressing F3 in game :) But it will help out tons when you are doing intense stuff like in the nether or setting off tnt and in a whole your minecraft will run alot smoother.

I sometimes had minecraft crash or freeze because the ram would max out, not good enough when you have ram sitting there doing nothing :P What I can say is that mine has run 100 times better since giving it more. And as you all know, Minecraft is really intense on your machine so the easier you make it run the better.

As for you, yep all should be grand. Only problem I might see is if you where to ever record gameplay's but at the moment you should be able to run Minecraft on 2GB and leave your computer with the other 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Emmet Manning 99

manning_lad

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Next time a Mod is on, could they please check who left floating tress along the road beside my house?

They're directly across from bland's fonking huge tree! People who do this should be gotten rid of before the new map starts!

nim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Just saw this griefing around my general area

(attaching cause effort uploading and linking and stuff! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Hello!

Username: MC_Fanatic

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Is it just me or does it take 10ish seconds longer than other servers to log in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Dazza wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it take 10ish seconds longer than other servers to log in?

Not just you, its been slow the last couple of days. Will take a look at it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

deconduo wrote: »
    Not just you, its been slow the last couple of days. Will take a look at it tomorrow.
    Happens to me too, like double the normal loading time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Oh hi there!

MC Username: MrGarseys

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

More griefage on server today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

manning_lad and LFSPovo perma banned for deliberate griefing. I would suggest an IP ban too if bland or dec want to.

EDIT : Going to need a roll back on both those users.. a lot of areas.
    EDIT :nichollz1 banned for 1 week for floating tree mess that nim mentioned

screenshot20120707at162.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

I haven't left a mess of floating trees in the town. I don't know if my name shows up on stuff because I have planted a few trees recently, but I also really needed wood so collected hundreds or planks, and I made sure to take down the whole tree each time so I'm not sure how this has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

when are you going to roll back the damage ?
    gavmcg92 wrote: »
    manning_lad and LFSPovo perma banned for deliberate griefing. I would suggest an ISP ban too if bland or dec want to.

EDIT : Going to need a roll back on both those users.. a lot of areas.
    EDIT :nichollz1 banned for 1 week for floating tree mess that nim mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sarcasticste

Was whitelisted before but haven't been since the update. If you could that would be awesome! Username: sarcasticste

Thanks in advance!

I haven't left a mess of floating trees in the town. I don't know if my name shows up on stuff because I have planted a few trees recently, but I also really needed wood so collected hundreds or planks, and I made sure to take down the whole tree each time so I'm not sure how this has happened.

There are 10+ half cut jungle trees and dirt towers all destroyed/created by you just outside of town. The ban stands. See you in 1 week.

Was whitelisted before but haven't been since the update. If you could that would be awesome! Username: sarcasticste

Thanks in advance!

Added. Sorry for the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Any chance of being whitelisted? Same name as on here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Cossax wrote: »
    Any chance of being whitelisted? Same name as on here.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Whitelist please

IGN is Kells97

Whitelist please

IGN is Kells97

Welcome back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

May I please be whitelisted?

IGN: TheZestyLemon

added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Was walking around Cork city yesterday and suddenly heard this strange noise, I thought "**** spider" turned around and then realised I looked like a fcuking idiot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 aodhoneachtain

Just spotted LFSPovo on the server, is he not banned for griefing?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

O_O

What??!? Where??!?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

hi i cant seem to join the server keep getting bad login anyone else ??:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

hi i cant seem to join the server keep getting bad login anyone else ??:mad:
    Not the servers fault. People are on and there's no problem logging on for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Hey, could I be white listed please?

Username is Conchir64

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement