Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medicals and Training 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Well with June just around the corner I was wondering how muh notice do they give you regards to training. I can't just walk into my job and say 2 weeks before hand I need time off in the next few weeks. I need to give advanced notice, surely they would know by now if June will see a class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Cedric87 wrote:
    Well with June just around the corner I was wondering how muh notice do they give you regards to training. I can't just walk into my job and say 2 weeks before hand I need time off in the next few weeks. I need to give advanced notice, surely they would know by now if June will see a class.

Hey Dude how u keeping ? I asked the same question myself and got answer of a very sound chap off this ,he told me he got 3 weeks himself, but knows of people that only got less than a week due to people not being able to attend.
    Estaminet would be anywhere from 4weeks - 5days by the sounds of it.

Yeah I'm good pal thanks for asking. My job are aware I need time off but just not aware of when I need it. Id hope to recieve advance notice so I can just sort out money and arrangements with work.

Cedric87 wrote:
    Yeah I'm good pal thanks for asking. My job are aware I need time off but just not aware of when I need it. Id hope to recieve advance notice so I can just sort out money and arrangements with work.

Just go with the flow man, the majority waiting are in the same boat. :)

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Just go with the flow man, the majority waiting are in the same boat. :)

Yeah I know mate. I'm interested in knowing what kind of numbers are waiting for training. Also what size groups will be taken into the college

• Advertisement

Could be anything from 100/300 , whos knows really , I think they take like 30/40 at a time , but not sure .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Could be anything from 100/300 , whos knows really , I think they take like 30/40 at a time , but not sure .

There was about 70 in our class 6 years ago... Different program only one week and hours in head station for training , etc and exam.. Then located into your choice of station but not the local one, for hours on the job... More protection traning.. Then a day out with the family.
    But I beleive its two weeks now...
    Keep ringing them!!

There was about 70 in our class 6 years ago... Different program only one week and hours in head station for training , etc and exam.. Then located into your choice of station but not the local one, for hours on the job... More protection traning.. Then a day out with the family.
    But I beleive its two weeks now...
    Keep ringing them!!

Are you still in the Reserve yourself ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Are you still in the Reserve yourself ? :)

Yes... Anybody coming into it now! Will hopefully see a better set up...the system takes time...

Yes... Anybody coming into it now! Will hopefully see a better set up...the system takes time...

Hopefully , would love to see some useful powers handed down.

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard anything about training this summer ? Im going to call this week and see if any date has been set for training.

I emailed them and got a quick reply, no dates have been confirmed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Cedric87 wrote: »
    I emailed them and got a quick reply, no dates have been confirmed yet

Usual malarkey so!!

Usual malarkey so!!

Yeah so it seems

So I wonder what the story is with Garda Reverve training this year , half way in 2015 and nothing , Again ino its a lot to do with full time training ,but surely they could adleast get two classes in at the start and end of the year "accelerated recruitment was said for this year " yet to see anything happen apart from a few medicals.

So I wonder what the story is with Garda Reverve training this year , half way in 2015 and nothing , Again ino its a lot to do with full time training ,but surely they could adleast get two classes in at the start and end of the year "accelerated recruitment was said for this year " yet to see anything happen apart from a few medicals.
    The dates I was given as not confirmed is the 27th of this month. that's short notice and I doubt it will go ahead.

Cedric87 wrote:
    The dates I was given as not confirmed is the 27th of this month. that's short notice and I doubt it will go ahead.

I'd need to know now to get off work .

I'd need to know now to get off work .

Lucky my job are aware I'll need time off, also lucky I work Monday to Friday only. But it's more the short notice that will be annoying.

Cedric87 wrote:
    Lucky my job are aware I'll need time off, also lucky I work Monday to Friday only. But it's more the short notice that will be annoying.

I'd say I would have to turn it down if they do give me short notice .

I'd say I would have to turn it down if they do give me short notice .

That's a pain in the hole alright. Im emailing on Friday to ask again, the staff won't be available this month apparently so they need to find staff, this is ridiculous and plans should have been made at the start of the year. Surely there should be a Calander for the year.

• Advertisement

I have two weeks holidays in work that my boss wants me to take, it's annoying that I have to hold these incase the training is happening this summer. Anyone know anyone in the college or have any contacts that have heard anything regarding training ? HQ seems to be left in the dark like ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

I would be very honest with ye lad I cant see any intake happening soon with a mad push for full time intakes. Trust me everything is last minute when it comes to Reserves. Stop tormenting yourself and just forget about it for a while.

rocky911 wrote: »
    I would be very honest with ye lad I cant see any intake happening soon with a mad push for full time intakes. Trust me everything is last minute when it comes to Reserves. Stop tormenting yourself and just forget about it for a while.

Yeah I'm trying not to think about it but at the same time I don't want to take my holidays from work and then be told there's an intake in a months time and I have no holidays left to do it. We are willing to give up our time to help and it's as if we are just in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Slava1976

Hi,guys.Got a call from office today with dates.Still waiting for confirmation email but hey-we're almost there. p.s. Worth waiting every minute. :)

Hey lads, anyone get an email or letter about dates yet? :)

Hey lads, anyone get an email or letter about dates yet?

Not yet , hopefully soon tho

I have 14 days of holidays left in work and the training is 14 days from what I've counted. Can't wait to get started

can't wait either! I started in 2011, it's nuts ! We kept the faith! 😊 I don't wanna put a downer on things as I know it's an exciting time for everyone here but lately there's so much negativity surrounding the an garda siochana with unhappy guards speaking out about terrible conditions with bullying from the hierarchy and having to adopt a put up or shut up attitude at times... Is anyone else slightly apprehensive about being a apart of this? I know alot of guards would tell ya to run a mile but I still really want to be involved.. Are we crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Slava1976

No.We not.I believe our intention to join Garda Reserve can be describe in a words of Al Pacino's character from "The Recruit"...Remember when he asked new recruits "Why are you here?"...And replied "It ain't money, it ain't sex, it ain't fame.What is it?I say we are all here because we believe.We believe in good and evil,and we choose good.We believe in right and wrong,and we choose right.Our cause is just.Our enemies...everywhere.They're all around us.Some scary stuff out there.Which brings us here..." Amen...

• Advertisement

Slava1976 wrote: »
    No.We not.I believe our intention to join Garda Reserve can be describe in a words of Al Pacino's character from "The Recruit"...Remember when he asked new recruits "Why are you here?"...And replied "It ain't money, it ain't sex, it ain't fame.What is it?I say we are all here because we believe.We believe in good and evil,and we choose good.We believe in right and wrong,and we choose right.Our cause is just.Our enemies...everywhere.They're all around us.Some scary stuff out there.Which brings us here..." Amen...

Haha bloody brilliant!!!!! :) how apt!!!

Advertisement