Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic trick to figure out age and money in someone's pocket

• 25-06-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

I got an email from my brother living abroad about a book i used to have as a child, which contained a trick that allowed you to figure out another person's age and the money in their pocket, simply by asking them a few simple question, and a small bit of maths.
    i dont have the book anymore and cannot remember the trick for the life of me.

Anyone know the trick, heard of it, or know how to find more about it? would be much appreciated if someone could help me out on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I remember reading how to do that trick. But I forget the details :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I think I saw a trick like this recently.

Was the amount of change written down on a piece of paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'm sure it works in the same way as writing it down on a piece of paper aswell. After all, It is only a 'random nummber'. Having €1.45 in your pocket is pretty similar having it written down (for the trick that is), in the end its just multiplying numbers, i think!

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

watty wrote: »
    I remember reading how to do that trick. But I forget the details :(

Any chance you remember where you saw it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It may have been a Lewis Carroll book of Mathematical puzzles.

I'm sure it's related to this kind of trick ...

http://www.curiousmath.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=11&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

The reason I never do tricks is the patter & misdirection. That's where the entertainment and mistique is. I can't do those.

http://www.dr-mikes-math-games-for-kids.com/another-birthday-math-trick.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Cool
    Grey Elephant from Denmark

I remember this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

It could be done with a small pad and a swami gimmick, a small nail writer. You ask the person to count the money and then write it down with the nail writer

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Way to spoil a ridiculously hilarious thread!

Advertisement