Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Lmao.

No worries. I don't think anyone else would want them. :p

(Don't hurt me...)

Oi, fúck that! :p

I wish I drove a beemer though... My car's not as purty... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

At least you lot have cars.:( Add that to the list of what women hold against you along with being short, unattractive and broke.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

i always get you mixed up , kep thinking you're a girl >.<

and dont put yourself down like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Awh don't be like that mister -- I've only dated one guy that had a car! lol. It just happened to be a nice one :D
    moneys not an issue either, i dont think it's overly important.

deffo .. hate guys who falsh the cash, also have a real problem with not paying for myself on a date, i nearly end up wrestling the person to give them the money back !haha

on of my friends recently broke up with her boyf, and he text her and said alone these lines " you just lost out big time, i just bought a house, a car for the weekends , and im getting a new job.... you could of being really comfortable with me!"
    tithead >.<!

• Advertisement

emo!! wrote: »
    i always get you mixed up , kep thinking you're a girl >.<

:(
    and dont put yourself down like that :)

Ha, this is why I created this thread, so I can mood you all out without wrecking your buzz in The Lair.:D
    star-pants wrote: »
    Awh don't be like that mister -- I've only dated one guy that had a car! lol. It just happened to be a nice one :D
    moneys not an issue either, i dont think it's overly important.

I try not to be harsh on myself. Sigh, I'll have to try harder. And I'm only broke because I'm a student bum.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    At least you lot have cars.:( Add that to the list of what women hold against you along with being short, unattractive and broke.:pac:
    Cars are overrated in Dublin. :p
    deffo .. hate guys who falsh the cash, also have a real problem with not paying for myself on a date, i nearly end up wrestling the person to give them the money back !haha

on of my friends recently broke up with her boyf, and he text her and said alone these lines " you just lost out big time, i just bought a house, a car for the weekends , and im getting a new job.... you could of being really comfortable with me!"
    tithead >.<!

Tbh a worrying number of girls I've known have been way more interested in the size of a guy's wallet than anything else.

I tended to make sure I didn't know them very long. :pac:

:(

Ha, this is why I created this thread, so I can mood you all out without wrecking your buzz in The Lair.:D

I try not to be harsh on myself. Sigh, I'll have to try harder. And I'm only broke because I'm a student bum.:pac:

aww *ruffles*

but seriously dont be to harsh on yo'self tho :)
    Cars are overrated in Dublin. :p

Tbh a worrying number of girls I've known have been way more interested in the size of a guy's wallet than anything else.

I tended to make sure I didn't know them very long. :pac:

Eep >.< yeah best not , not to stick around them for to long..!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Meh, I can't drive, and I'm also short, unattractive and broke.

:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

typical southsiders then!! :p

i really am the king of low self esteem/pessimism, in fact i actually want this mug:

pessimist-mug.jpg

• Advertisement

Meh, I can't drive, and I'm also short, unattractive and broke.

:mad::(

Sucks doesn't it?:( I think we bought need to become narcissists, that way we won't care what people think about us!:pac:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

i really am the king of low self esteem/pessimism, in fact i actually want this mug:

pessimist-mug.jpg
    That is awesome and I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Moonbaby wrote: »
    We are internet people. We envy the attention span that goldfish have.

A goldfish's memory lasts a few months. In fact if you calculate memory in comparison to lifespan they have teh equivalent of a 40 year memory in human terms.
    Awwhhh, some redheads are nice tho!
    I dated a cute redhead guy before. He drove a beemer.... mmmm beemer...

Sounds like it wasnt teh hair you were attracted to... :P
    tithead >.<!

Yup, comfort, thats more important than romance/actually liking your other half.

pessimist-mug.jpg

Bah, that cup is (half) full of lies!!!! Look here the line is. Once the liquid reaches the line it will be only be 2/5th empty!!!!

Galvasean wrote: »
    Bah, that cup is (half) full of lies!!!! Look here the line is. Once the liquid reaches the line it will be only be 2/5th empty!!!!

did you actually measure it or something? if the cup is full to the brim it is full and then when it passes that line it is therefore half empty!

lol I'm not that shallow thanks!!
    He was lovely

i aint sayin she a gold digga, but she aint messin with no broke....broke

:p:D

i aint sayin she a gold digga, but she aint messin with no broke....broke

:p:D

Oi you lot! Kneebuckling kisses win over money any day!

Oi you lot! Kneebuckling kisses win over money any day!

fair play.......glad to hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I finally have a real use for this thread...

****! **** ****ITY **** **** ****!

Ordered the most amazing coat off the internet. Bloody gorgeous looking. Never find one like it anywhere.

Checked the sizing,and was gonna get an xl,which is 42inches,so i could wear jumpers/layers beneath it comfortably. Mother said get it Xxl as it looked small fitting,so i did.

Arrived today, was so freakin happy and excited.
    I can't even get into it.
    We measured it,and it isn't correctly sized,even though the tags,stickers and documents all say xxl.
    My favourite long coat is only an xl and fits great. Yet this amazing new coat is supposed to be bigger and it wouldn't even fit a large.

Sigh. I has angry and i has sads. **** you british internet shop. **** you.

awh *HUGS* poor thing :(
    stupid shop!!!
    send it back with an 'i hate you' note

• Advertisement

Nerin wrote: »

Ordered the most amazing coat off the internet. Bloody gorgeous looking. Never find one like it anywhere.

Checked the sizing,and was gonna get an xl,which is 42inches,so i could wear jumpers/layers beneath it comfortably. Mother said get it Xxl as it looked small fitting,so i did.

We measured it,and it isn't correctly sized,even though the tags,stickers and documents all say xxl.
    My favourite long coat is only an xl and fits great. Yet this amazing new coat is supposed to be bigger and it wouldn't even fit a large.

dosy gobshites, contact them asap! dont worry my man you will have ur kick ass jacket eventually!

Nerin wrote: »

The perils of online shopping my friend.:( What kind of manufacturer was it, not the name or anything but is it generally well known?

did you actually measure it or something? if the cup is full to the brim it is full and then when it passes that line it is therefore half empty!

Either the bottom 'half' is bigger or perception has fooled me again...

Yeah, I also hate mathematics...

Either the bottom 'half' is bigger or perception has fooled me again...

Yeah, I also hate mathematics...

its a mug dude.....you have perceived wrong yet again! :p

Insomnia.
    That is all.
    Oh, and stupid wandering brain.

****!!! i ****in hate college, i ****in hate studying, i ****in hate incompetant retarded lecturers with go grip on reality, i ****in hate that i have an exam in a few hours worth 15% of my overall grade in that subject on the same ****in week that my thesis is due, i ****in hate that the thesis isnt printed or bound yet, i ****in hate that i still have to do a table of contents and ****in acnowledgements, i ****in hate that my memory key has gone walkabout.....AND i ****in hate that when im up to my eyeballs with college with my ****wit of a dad comes in coz he broke his laptop again, or cnat manage to work the tv (how he cant type in the installatin key 1004 is ****in beyond me!)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! (not a good time to be grames!!) :mad::mad::mad:

(ps thanks to LZ for setting up this thread, i needed a place to vent)

If it makes you feel any better, the day before my thesis was due, my computer corrupted the whole file, and I managed to only get some of it back later that day.

If it makes you feel any better, the day before my thesis was due, my computer corrupted the whole file, and I managed to only get some of it back later that day.

What happened? Did they give you an extension?

(ps thanks to LZ for setting up this thread, i needed a place to vent)

Nay bother grames and I totally hear on on the incompetent lecturers. Stupid bastards can't even get together and work out a schedule where their assigments don't clash with other assignments. I mean how hard can it be? They are all in the same department!:rolleyes:

Stupid bastards can't even get together and work out a schedule where their assigments don't clash with other assignments. I mean how hard can it be? They are all in the same department!:rolleyes:

Back when I was in college we'd always end up with 3 heavy assignments in the space of a week or two. The lecturers would always pull the "You werent complaining last month when you had no assignments" spiel.
    More to my friggin point! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I'm late for college. I don't have my assignment done because the question was so feckin ambiguous that i actually sat staring at a blank document for hours yesterday trying to think of something to write. But nothing! I have an exam that i'm screwed for. Two extra lessons that I haven't done enough practice for. And when i go home today i have a tonne of laundry and cleaning to do. Grr.

Advertisement