Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I was talkin to a fella....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

Terry wrote: »
    Worked with a traveller once.
    Hardest working guy in the company. Was there for about 15 hours every day and worked his bollix off.

I love stereotypes.

I met a car load of travellers walking home on my own one night. One got out and punched me in the face. Never happened before and hasn't happened since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I am saying that a brave Garda (not the first) lost his life in service to his country. I have never ever, ever heard of a traveller make a similar sacrifice for this country. Thats why I will not equate them as the same class of person.

I am not dragging anyone's names anywhere.

This quite an emotive Issue for a lot of people me included.

I'm surprised the OP decided to post this thread given what has happened in Donegal & the funeral that took place in Mayo.
    Disgusting & in bad taste in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Hardest working guy in the company. Was there for about 15 hours every day and worked his bollix off.

I love stereotypes.

Generalisations don't generally work ;). But they have a certain level of truth. Don't fight fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ahara

Magnus wrote: »
    I heard the Gardai plan to reverse the polarities in the Large Hadron Collider 2012 and kill us all.

Probably won't happen until 2015 at the earliest so!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

I love stereotypes.

Try this stereotype on for size

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/caller-to-home-of-dead-garda-was-suspicious-1708420.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

TURRICAN wrote: »
    ..the other day we had a conversation about members of the travelling community and what they gets up to.
    Now im not tryin to put anyone down here,so please bear with me mods.

anyway the conversation swung around to our Gardai siokulanai.
    We ended up saying that they were in fact just as bad as the travellers or if not worse.
    we both knew people in the forces who were into selling stolen cars ,letting people off with drink driving on more than one occasion.their sons selling drugs.

just wondering from everybody else what have you come across,and where the fcuk is the gardai ombudsman.
    this country is going downhill so fast and we all sit back and do SFA.

Tell us about your experiences with them.:pac:

Heard the Guards have read your post and are in the process of profiling you.

So if i was you, i'd run_for_da_hills

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Yeah I know what you mean OP. The other day my mate and I were talking, and he reckons that Protestants eat their children cos some anglican in Kent or something killed his son. True story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I love stereotypes.

Typical over-compensation. He was probably nicking tea bags when you all went home in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

dceire wrote: »
    The Gardai round my way buy in monkeys off ebay, tart them up with some lipstick and the like. Then they pimp them out as cheap eastern european ladies of the night, FACT!

Which part of Kildare is that exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

easyeason3 wrote: »

A Guard selling a stolen car & another Guards son knowingly selling drugs? If it is true then report it, but I have a feeling it's hearsay.

it could be, i know since they split up times have been tough and non of them got any record deals

• Advertisement

after reading the papers yesterday, i don't think anyone should be bitching about the gardai for a while op.. bad bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

The only way to sort this one out is to ring Joe Duffy...

You and your traveller friend should go talk to Paul Reynolds...

I was talking to a guy today and he told me scientology could solve all my problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

after reading the papers yesterday, i don't think anyone should be bitching about the gardai for a while op.. bad bad form.

This was also in the papers yesterday.
    Gardai can also accidentally kill people.

Just because a couple of gardai died doesn't mean others can't be talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I met a car load of travellers walking home ...

What had happened to their car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Well there is no such thing as anonymity on the internet, so you never know...

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Way too many people have less & less respect for guards even though they deal with the scum of society to try & make life safer for the rest of us.

I think it's disgusting the way people run Guards into the ground thinking that all they do is eat takeaway, avoid rows & tolerate drug dealers.

Have you ever walked down abbey street in the day time????
    Every day I walk down there and theres normally at least one deal going down. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a guard down there in the last 3 years!

Yes there'd be an element of risk involved but thats what they're there for, to protect the rest of society....

End rant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Which part of Kildare is that exactly?

In the ghetto of course, deep within the bowels of the middle east :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

TURRICAN wrote: »
    the truth needs to be shown

Just swap the uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Denerick wrote: »
    Yeah I know what you mean OP. The other day my mate and I were talking, and he reckons that Protestants eat their children cos some anglican in Kent or something killed his son. True story.

What are you talking about??

It was his daughter he killed.

Advertisement