Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No Card No Install???

Options
  • 04-12-2005 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a second Sky+ box installed tomorrow as part of the second box for 69 euro deal but i have'nt received my Sky viewing card yet. Whats the procedure if this happens? Will the installer do all the business with hooking up the box and when i get the card i ring Sky to activate it???????? I've been waiting 3 weeks for this and will be frustrated if i have to wait longer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I'm afraid this is nothing new. Yes! No card, no install.

I know several people in Ireland this has happened too.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

As far as I know the cards now go to the instaler instead of the customer Ireland....ring sky help line and they should confirm (once you eventualy get through). One piece of advice, when the instaler phones in the am of the instalation date confirm that they do have the card...I din't and found out 6 o'clock that evening when to late => no instalaion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

higster wrote:
    As far as I know the cards now go to the instaler instead of the customer Ireland....ring sky help line and they should confirm (once you eventualy get through). One piece of advice, when the instaler phones in the am of the instalation date confirm that they do have the card...I din't and found out 6 o'clock that evening when to late => no instalaion.

Just off the phone with Sky and they confirmed that the cards are now sent to the installer. Just keeping my fingers crossed its a Pace PVR3 box now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Why the policy change? People losing them? It's not like an unactivated ROI card is worth anything either :p

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Now that you mention it, can anyone confirm if an inactive ROI card can receive Sky Three?

Until now, I hadn't realised that cards were sent to installers. I very very seldom do multiroom installs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Cards are now sent to the installer. It's because the post is so crap from GB at the moment, they are couriering them over to the installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

AFAIK this is only the case for Sierra etc. Independently ordered cards are still being delivered to customers homes.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, Tony... Just to clarify further on what I said earliers, its the contracted installers who are getting the cards, but if you order it from an indie, it will still come to the house directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Darth Maul

I was told that the installers now have a supply of cards that they get activated when needed, similar to the way it works with mobile phone suppliers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Darth Maul wrote:
    I was told that the installers now have a supply of cards that they get activated when needed, similar to the way it works with mobile phone suppliers..

Bad Rumour. Independant's can also have their customers cards sent to them if they ask Sky. Also independant's can do a (npl) no phone line install for €37.50 but they are not allowed to promote this!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement