Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Passport Renewal

• 27-12-2007 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

My British passport expires in February. I got it from the British Embassy in Dublin ten years ago and I've just checked their website and to renew it is €176 (plus €6 to return passport by registered post). :eek:

I'm currently in the UK (my Mum lives here) and to renew a passport within the UK is £72 (or approx €98).

Two questions...

Why is there such a huge difference in price?
    Can I apply for a passport here in the UK even though my address is in Ireland? (my current passport has no address on it, not sure about ones these days).

Thanks.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I don't know why it costs more from the Dublin embassy - but they do process the new one much quicker in Dublin than the UK Passport Office.

Your address doesn't appear on your passport - so you can just get your new one sent to your mum's address.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks for your reply. I won't need it urgently then so I'll get it from the UK.

Many thanks!

:)

Advertisement