Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good dentists in Dublin

• 01-07-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there!

I recently moved to Dublin and I would like to know if you someone could advice me some good dentist in the city centre. I have been asking people about the Smiles on O'Connel Street and some say it is good and others (like 50%) say I should avoid going there at all.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I've used Smiles on South Annne St the last few times I've had to get anything done and never had any complaints about the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I heard 2 stories of people going to smiles, being told they needed work done, then going back to their old dentist and being told they needed no work done and the dentists bring really interested in who told them they did need it, i.e. it was seemingly not borderline if work was needed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

there's a long thread in the dental issues forum on good dentists. all done by PM though to stop shilling

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

rubadub wrote: »
    I heard 2 stories of people going to smiles, being told they needed work done, then going back to their old dentist and being told they needed no work done and the dentists bring really interested in who told them they did need it, i.e. it was seemingly not borderline if work was needed or not.

I had the opposite. A dentist out near where I work was trying to talk me into a dental implant (a grand a pop). I was told in Smiles it wasn't necessary.

I was back in the first dentist's business out of necessity and his colleague also told me it would be unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 apinho

As far as I see, everyone has had different experiences with Smiles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm planning on going to these guys based on a co-worker's experience: http://www.thefrederickdentalclinic.com/

I've been dealing with them for past few weeks trying to organise the Treatment Benefit Scheme and they seem very nice and professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Try Dundrum Dental & ask for Paul O Donnell.
    Great dentist!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Dundrum's a bit of a trek though, I was considering the OP mentioned he was looking around O'Connell Street.

Advertisement