Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Guys, just started back training and am looking at getting some protein. Just finished taking Nutrition X Big Whey and am looking now to buy from Myprotein. Can anyone recommend a protein for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

the Mp true whey is apparantly good, hoping to order some during the week

edit: dont forget to use the code in my sig :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭alder

Guys, just started back training and am looking at getting some protein. Just finished taking Nutrition X Big Whey and am looking now to buy from Myprotein. Can anyone recommend a protein for me?

diet first. then refill the lacks. Nitroprogen is gud :D

alder wrote: »
    diet first. then refill the lacks. Nitroprogen is gud :D

Have the diet side all written out and ready to roll once I get back into training next week. Just want to make sure I have the protein aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Have the diet side all written out and ready to roll once I get back into training next week. Just want to make sure I have the protein aswell.

Go to any Vitamin Shop. Tell em what you're doing and what you want and they'll fill you in! Don't forget... 15% off Thursdays!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

alder wrote: »
    there's a Creapure of Trec as well.

You must own Trec or be a partner in some way because everytime you answer a topic its trec this or trec that...

the Mp true whey is apparantly good, hoping to order some during the week

edit: dont forget to use the code in my sig :P

Hey cardio. Ill give that one a shot and seeing as you mentioned it, Ill use your code for my order. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Hey cardio. Ill give that one a shot and seeing as you mentioned it, Ill use your code for my order. Cheers
    Why dont people use the impact blend as its cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Hanley wrote: »
    Creapure's just the brand name of the highest quality creatine monohydrate you can get. Gonna be the same wherever you get it, so just get the cheapest you can find!! Myprotein's good for delivery and customer service tho. £12 for 500g's good value.

Creapure is 'ONE' of the highest quality creatine's available. Their minimum is 99.95%, there are at other manufacturers who exceed 99.95%.

All these CO's that sell Creapure also sell ordinary creatine and when this 'ordinary' creatine is 99.99% then I fail to see the Creapure advantage. £12 for 500grams or £13 for 1000grams? I know which one I would purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭alder

Dubdude wrote: »
    You must own Trec or be a partner in some way because everytime you answer a topic its trec this or trec that...

it really is but i am not. if i were, i'd make some adds. been just using trec's products for a long while and i trust them. thats all. recently i had creapure, nitroprogen and BCAA powder. thats all 4 now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Hi lads, I train about 4 times a week,
    1 night soccer training (11 aside outdoor)
    2 nights with free weight dumbbells at home and then outdoor running for about half an hour at medium intensity.
    i play a match on saturdays, will also soon start playing indoor on a friday night.
    I do a number of reps of pressups and situps every night

What supplements would you recommend for this level or training? I want to build some upper body muscle, but not much, im concentrating on lowering my fat percentage a bit.

I've thought about using a PWO for the training and running sessions and match day, but is it ok to take supplements every day if you only work out 4 days?

im confused and dont want to take something that will make me gain to much mass!

im 5'10 and weigh 12stone 10 pounds id like to get down to about 12 and half stone and stay there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pro-Nutrition

Morphéus wrote: »
    Hi lads, I train about 4 times a week,
    1 night soccer training (11 aside outdoor)
    2 nights with free weight dumbbells at home and then outdoor running for about half an hour at medium intensity.
    i play a match on saturdays, will also soon start playing indoor on a friday night.
    I do a number of reps of pressups and situps every night

What supplements would you recommend for this level or training? I want to build some upper body muscle, but not much, im concentrating on lowering my fat percentage a bit.

I've thought about using a PWO for the training and running sessions and match day, but is it ok to take supplements every day if you only work out 4 days?

im confused and dont want to take something that will make me gain to much mass!

im 5'10 and weigh 12stone 10 pounds id like to get down to about 12 and half stone and stay there.

Hi, For someone who does not want to put on too much mass I would say to you have a look at taking in a pure whey protein, maybe look at the likes of 100% Whey from Optimum or the Complete Whey from Complete Supplements. Also with all the running etc etc you are doing I would maybe look at taking something to add in recovery, Complete Supplements do a great recovery product called Recovery, I use this product myself and I find it brill, you dont be half as sore and it cuts recovery period in half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Colinr1987

Hey everyone,im colin and im new to this forum.

I was just wondering if anyone has taken the fat burner lipo 6 and if so have they any feedback on the product,i have tried hydroxycut and stimulant x in the past and have found both to be very effective.

If anyone has any feedback let me know

thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Colinr1987 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,im colin and im new to this forum.

I was just wondering if anyone has taken the fat burner lipo 6 and if so have they any feedback on the product,i have tried hydroxycut and stimulant x in the past and have found both to be very effective.

If anyone has any feedback let me know

thanks everyone

you obviously didnt read the charter / forum rules. this is a FITNESS website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

The gym is thatta way
    >>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Jesus lads, take it easy :mad:

OP what's your current training/ diet like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

A mate of mine took these or with similar ingredients before, maybe not this exact brand.

There just cafine and that other stuff thats in red bull - with another stimulant type herb in the blend. Messed up his sleeping and he said was quite "jittery" on them. Similar to ephidrine really.

He didn't last on them long enough to give review, as it was too much for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

g'em wrote: »
    Jesus lads, take it easy :mad:

OP what's your current training/ diet like?

Sorry Gem, I just thought it looked like a bit of a marketing ploy.. My bad.

ragg wrote: »
    A mate of mine took these or with similar ingredients before, maybe not this exact brand.

There just cafine and that other stuff thats in red bull - with another stimulant type herb in the blend. Messed up his sleeping and he said was quite "jittery" on them. Similar to ephidrine really.
    Generally speaking that's what all 'fat-burners', or at least the ones that are legal, will contain: caffeine, taurine, maybe some yohimbine (banned by the IMB iirc though) and maybe some synephrine, willow bark or other 'magic' substances that promise to eat away all your fat.

Do they work? Yes, if used alongside an excellent diet and a suitable exercise regime. I used Lipo 6 when I did the GSD and they helped somewhat to curb my appetite, but only temporarily. After about two weeks it had come back with a bang. I also felt a little jittery and out of sorts at times (that could easily have been to do with my low calorie intake though).

Fat-burners will account for, ooh, maybe 0.5% of the actual fat you lose - if your diet isn't right and you don't put in the work they do shag all.

OP you'll find it hard to come by Lipo 6 on a shop shelf, but not impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

So was your experience on them not that bad? I think the side effects might differ very much frim person to person, but knowing him he probably took double the dose to make them work faster :rolleyes:.
    His diet and exercise would spot on - but he couldn't abide these so.

I have no need to take them, I'm happy enough tipping away, but its good to hear the other side of the story, thanks

• Advertisement

ragg wrote: »
    So was your experience on them not that bad?
    I was very 'meh' about them tbh. I have found in the past though that fat burners have made it hard to sleep at night. They tend to cost a lot and at the end of the day they really don't do much, so I don't tend to recommend them. They're a crutch, a very expensive crutch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

anyone try these new Kinetica supplement products?
    http://www.kinetica-sports.com/engine/shop/index.html

was thinking of investing once my current batch of protein and recovery stuff runs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭TrueMass

was thinking of investing once my current batch of protein and recovery stuff runs out.

Ya the strawberry whey and complete are lovely. Use this code TCB1496 to get 30% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Why??

The prices are crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭TrueMass

Use the code, will give you 30% off which are good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Esse85 wrote: »
    Why??

The prices are crazy.

well, i wanted to try the recovery stuff rather than the protein. as i have loads of my 100% gold standard left :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

hi,

just wanted to add my opinion on this topic. I'm training over ten years and at 21, I was 5.10 and 9 stone with no hope realy of getting heavier.
    Im 34 now and have never had one month off training. I'm 13.7lbs at the moment, quite lean, arms, calves and neck all 15.5", good legs, very conditioned, decent size and good chest and back, very balanced all over.

I have taken loads of different shakes over the years so I will just speak about these, I have no real experience with creatine although I do know it was more effective years ago, then what it is now. I must say in all my experience I have found that protein shakes and gainers drinks are just extra calories obtained by sugar. you'll often see people become reliant on them, walking round with bad skin, cheezy waists and excessive wind. They;re huge business because like it or not they're tied into the cosmetic field. they promise a quick sure fire solution to your hard gaining needs. they're bad for your kidneys too and anytime you see a bodybuilder, actro or athlete promoting them, 1) they're on steroids and fat burners behind closed doors and 2) they're getting big bucks for doing so. These contents are not even regulated by the FDA in the US or here realy for that matter, simply because it cost too much money to prove they're bad for you.

If you want healthy, gains that work and keep your body healthy, fit and in shape whilst growing. try adding nuts and oils to your diets, they're loaded with calories. for instance, 100gm of porridge, 25gm or walnuts, 20gm of raisins, 1 tbs of honey all mixed with some blueberries and skim milk will give you a great breakfast, add more if you can eat it, then have 2 poached eggs after. you can have a large can of tuna and 1 large tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a banana or nutrigrain bar next meal. then a large salad and roast beef sandwhich with some healthy toppings, low fat mayo etc and a glass of skim milk, then 2 tablespoonfulls of cod liver or flax seed oil. and thats before your steak or fish dinner with tons of brown rice and sweet potoatoes, you can have a yougurt dessert of if you're realy lean, ice cream. the main reason peolpe grow taking drinks is simply the extra calories. you'd have that from a peanut butter and banana sandwhich after training.

I dont believe one protein shake is better than the next, they're all the same and have been mixed and agitated and refined that much, you can never tell how much splenda, nesquick, sugar or whatever has been added. they wont kill you, but they just aint good in my opinion. then again thats only my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

j1974 wrote: »
    I have no real experience

FYP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

j1974 wrote: »
    hi,

just wanted to add my opinion on this topic. I'm training over ten years and at 21, I was 5.10 and 9 stone with no hope realy of getting heavier.
    Im 34 now and have never had one month off training. I'm 13.7lbs at the moment, quite lean, arms, calves and neck all 15.5", good legs, very conditioned, decent size and good chest and back, very balanced all over.

I have taken loads of different shakes over the years so I will just speak about these, I have no real experience with creatine although I do know it was more effective years ago, then what it is now. I must say in all my experience I have found that protein shakes and gainers drinks are just extra calories obtained by sugar. you'll often see people become reliant on them, walking round with bad skin, cheezy waists and excessive wind. They;re huge business because like it or not they're tied into the cosmetic field. they promise a quick sure fire solution to your hard gaining needs. they're bad for your kidneys too and anytime you see a bodybuilder, actro or athlete promoting them, 1) they're on steroids and fat burners behind closed doors and 2) they're getting big bucks for doing so. These contents are not even regulated by the FDA in the US or here realy for that matter, simply because it cost too much money to prove they're bad for you.

If you want healthy, gains that work and keep your body healthy, fit and in shape whilst growing. try adding nuts and oils to your diets, they're loaded with calories. for instance, 100gm of porridge, 25gm or walnuts, 20gm of raisins, 1 tbs of honey all mixed with some blueberries and skim milk will give you a great breakfast, add more if you can eat it, then have 2 poached eggs after. you can have a large can of tuna and 1 large tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a banana or nutrigrain bar next meal. then a large salad and roast beef sandwhich with some healthy toppings, low fat mayo etc and a glass of skim milk, then 2 tablespoonfulls of cod liver or flax seed oil. and thats before your steak or fish dinner with tons of brown rice and sweet potoatoes, you can have a yougurt dessert of if you're realy lean, ice cream. the main reason peolpe grow taking drinks is simply the extra calories. you'd have that from a peanut butter and banana sandwhich after training.

I dont believe one protein shake is better than the next, they're all the same and have been mixed and agitated and refined that much, you can never tell how much splenda, nesquick, sugar or whatever has been added. they wont kill you, but they just aint good in my opinion. then again thats only my opinion.

OMG.

Isn't one ofbthe rules in the charter to get your facts straight? Protein is sugar now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Myproten impact blend arrived today - chocolate smooth - no mixer though. For some reason thought I thought it came with one. I think I can grab one of brother's he uses for his soya/GAY protein powder.

Advertisement