Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Haha right :pac: You should take Religion, that can't be too hard to pass :P
    I mean look, theres 3 questions! :rolleyes:
    http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2005/LC223ALPO00EV.pdf

Well I'm an atheist, so I don't think I would enjoy it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

tbn.png

That's what I want as a tattoo :) Left shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Nice :)
    I'd like to get something like this below my collarbone:

Always-tattoo-72070.jpeg

to symbolise my unhealthy love for Snape! Think it might look a bit silly by itself though. Still, such a significant moment in the series, I thought!

Edit: what on earth is that monstrosity that replaced my pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Well I'm an atheist, so I don't think I would enjoy it :confused:

I think a lot of it is more philosophy, I doubt it teaches you what to believe. I think it's also supposed to be quite difficult though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Edit: what on earth is that monstrosity that replaced my pic.

Ahaha, I was like o_O

I might actually have done religion if I had known there was philosophy and stuff, looks pretty interesting. Too late now though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Seeing as the topic of tattoos was brought up I thought I'd just say that I'm getting one for my 18th birthday!
    Am most likely going to get a bass clef on my right wrist and a treble clef on my left. Music is central to everything I do so there's the reasoning
    This would be the dream tattoo though :p
    http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=where+words+fail+music+speaks+tattoo&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USofficial&biw=1024&bih=629&tbm=isch&tbnid=8LOtt5cbKmXheM:&imgrefurl=http://weheartit.com/Taiesha_Combo&docid=AomojmO-Wk2S9M&imgurl=http://data.whicdn.com/images/19390119/269819_163633363706370_148051341931239_392762_2535419_n_thumb.jpg&w=240&h=200&ei=7NhKT7rFEcOXhQfikKidDg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=556&sig=102624976440294733052&page=4&tbnh=137&tbnw=169&start=57&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:57&tx=50&ty=86
    It's far to big for a first tatt though and it would be pricey. Might be an idea for a second one :p
    Anyone else seen any other cool music tattoos? One using the notes on a musical staff to spell out something would be really cool I think too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Fingers Crossed for some feckin' results today guys, I'll let ye know how I get on if I get any later! :/ Wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Goodluck :)

I don't want to go to school, first day of class in three weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I hate tattoos to be honest, the idea of being branded for life is scary :S Never seen one I'd like enough to want on me forever.

Did my french mock today, was a bit of a weird one? All the answers were quite short/quoting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Oh Couer, that tattoo is really fetching! ;)

B2 in English, pretty happy as I was aiming for a C1... But the examiner said I used inappropriate language in my Hamet essay >:( Well that's the last time I'll try to be creative! :P

So all my results are back and I get the grand total of 435, which I'm pretty happy with :) however.. poor me wouldn't get to college with it as I fell on the final hurdle with maths :/ haha better get studying! :P

• Advertisement

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Oh Couer, that tattoo is really fetching! ;)

B2 in English, pretty happy as I was aiming for a C1... But the examiner said I used inappropriate language in my Hamet essay >:( Well that's the last time I'll try to be creative! :P

So all my results are back and I get the grand total of 435, which I'm pretty happy with :) however.. poor me wouldn't get to college with it as I fell on the final hurdle with maths :/ haha better get studying! :P
    Well done.. :D

FML no Mocks back yet at all.. FFS :/ It's kinda ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Well done.. :D

FML no Mocks back yet at all.. FFS :/ It's kinda ridiculous!

You're not serious??

Oh my 500th post! Dedicated to the screwed LCers on this thread! :P

You're not serious??

Oh my 500th post! Dedicated to the screwed LCers on this thread! :P
    None at all! Had Music, Maths, Business, Irish, English and Geography today and haven't got any back.. No sign of the others either! It's kinda dragging on too much now to be honest. We're gone to the stage of not studying much as we really want to know what we need to work on and we can't do that without any results back yet! Expected English Paper I to be back today really, we did it 26 days ago like :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I hate tattoos to be honest, the idea of being branded for life is scary :S Never seen one I'd like enough to want on me forever.

Did my french mock today, was a bit of a weird one? All the answers were quite short/quoting.

I love the idea of tatoos (as long as they're meaningful and not too large) but I agree, I'll probably never get one just 'cause I'll be scared I won't like it when I'm an old lady! So many people get ones that mean nothing or they decide on them really quickly! :eek: It'd take me years to think of one I really want. :o

Was that the one with one comprehension on Masterchef and one on dogs or the other one?

Well done that's class! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

English back today, most ridiculous marking you'll ever see. Nearly everybody got between around 65-80%. I got 80%, while being 3rd best wasn't far above the rest, top mark was 86% and I think a few people got C3s. Really ridiculous!:confused:

Eathrin wrote: »
    English back today, most ridiculous marking you'll ever see. Nearly everybody got between around 65-80%. I got 80%, while being 3rd best wasn't far above the rest, top mark was 86% and I think a few people got C3s. Really ridiculous!:confused:

My English mock was rechecked last year. They gave me around 15% more than I should've gotten, ie. a whole grade. One or two of my other subjects had definitely been marked too easily too. I wouldn't take mock corrections too seriously, they can be way off. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

We got ours back today too, apparently they gave us all around a grade above what we should have got :confused:

I got 80% :D expected a D :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    My English mock was rechecked last year. They gave me around 15% more than I should've gotten, ie. a whole grade. One or two of my other subjects had definitely been marked too easily too. I wouldn't take mock corrections too seriously, they can be way off. :cool:

It seemed really lazily done too. Like everything was 19 19 19 or 13 13 13, not much distinction in the marking. What annoys me is I really don't know what I've done wrong or how I can improve it, I don't think I'm cut out for A1 English but I'd like to know why I've marks taken off me for a perfectly good answer.

I suppose English is the one you'd want recorrected, opinions can vary, but 15% is massive! It's a pity you still couldn't get your course:( What are you looking to do anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Flabangav wrote: »
    We got ours back today too, apparently they gave us all around a grade above what we should have got :confused:

I got 80% :D expected a D :p

what companies were yer mocks from and how long did they take to come back? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Had English Paper 1 today

Had to end my story suddenly since I had 5 minutes left >.>

I think I did ok anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Got 44% in pass maths, and the teacher retired today :/

It seemed really lazily done too. Like everything was 19 19 19 or 13 13 13, not much distinction in the marking. What annoys me is I really don't know what I've done wrong or how I can improve it, I don't think I'm cut out for A1 English but I'd like to know why I've marks taken off me for a perfectly good answer.

I suppose English is the one you'd want recorrected, opinions can vary, but 15% is massive! It's a pity you still couldn't get your course:( What are you looking to do anyway?

Yeah most of our English mocks were corrected terribly! You could always ask if your teacher or another teacher in the school would check it for you?

I actually mainly decided to repeat 'cause I had no idea what I wanted to do, that and I didn't do my best last year. (To be honest I was too young (17) to decide what to do with my life, the extra year genuinely seems to have made a big difference.) I got 435 and scraped my first choice, but I would've dropped out if I did the course, it's completely different to what I'm going for now! (Product Design.) :D And of course my first choice now is like 380 points or something. :rolleyes: Seems a bit silly repeating but I'm glad I am, at least if I change my mind and go for something with higher points, I'll now hopefully have that option. :)

Got maths pre back today. Had loads of time to spare in paper two so I coloured in a page of boxes in the spare paper at the back thinking my teacher wouldn't see it. He did and wrote "bored?" :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

M&S* wrote: »
    Got maths pre back today. Had loads of time to spare in paper two so I coloured in a page of boxes in the spare paper at the back thinking my teacher wouldn't see it. He did and wrote "bored?" :pac:
    Hahaha I love when they do that, on my xmas test I'd written "its a line for me!" when it told me to use the "triangle" and he wrote "you clever thing!", then I made some small blunder that messed it all up and he wrote "Nooo :(" :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Hahaha I love when they do that, on my xmas test I'd written "its a line for me!" when it told me to use the "triangle" and he wrote "you clever thing!", then I made some small blunder that messed it all up and he wrote "Nooo :(" :P

Yeah he only took the piss and said you're the only honours person I've ever seen do that. Not giving out but just laughing about it. Haha that's brilliant! :pac:

B1 still though!! Not to be laughed at :O..

Were yours Corrected by DEB Examiners?

Really getting annoyed waiting at this stage! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Sitting in English waiting to get my paper back and I was absolutely dreading it because the marking seemed to be really harsh, people were full-on crying because theur grades were so much lower than they were expecting...and I got an A2! Actually could not believe it because people who've been getting better grades than me since 5th year ended up with 50s and 60s. Either the marking scheme was weird or my teacher hates me and my genius is finally being recohnised >_>

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Togepi wrote: »
    I wouldn't take mock corrections too seriously, they can be way off. :cool:
    QFT.

The vast majority of LC correctors are current teachers or at least experienced LC examiners, most of whom aren't available at this time of year (or CBA correcting mocks); there's marking conferences and detailed marking schemes (which may be adjusted slightly during the process if necessary); there's a hierarchy of supervising examiners who do quality control and cross-moderation and give feedback re: any adjustments they think are necessary; basically, there's a whole quality assurance system which just isn't there for the mocks at anything like the same level.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've started getting mocks back. History was a C3. No me gusta, but I spent most of it daydreaming because of a hospital appointment that afternoon. Not informing the parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Could anyone tell me how I could pass a HL Biology mock with only tonight to study? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement