Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Services Ireland

• 31-01-2012 10:06am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I came across this website earlier and though that it was a very good resource for those of you pregnant or thinking about it.

http://www.bump2babe.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 helell

That is very interesting and would be useful (if I were pregnant!). Interesting how the midwifery led units have the lowest incidence of caesaeran and highest rate of spontaneous labour. Just goes to show that the care and advice you receive does impact the labour and outcome of birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

It doesn't appear to be completely up to date, doesn't mention the Coombe's Domino/MLU. But very useful, and the statistical information is very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

re. domino birth statistics - i would like to mention that MLU are generally low risk pregnancies so the statistics i would assume are in their favour from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Squiggler wrote: »
    It doesn't appear to be completely up to date, doesn't mention the Coombe's Domino/MLU. But very useful, and the statistical information is very interesting.

Talking of the Domino/Midwife scheme, the wife and I can't speak highly enough of it, wonderful service, great aftercare . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

LordSutch wrote: »
    Talking of the Domino/Midwife scheme, the wife and I can't speak highly enough of it, wonderful service, great aftercare . . .

Did you use the one in the Coombe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

We didn't attend the Coombe, but as far as I know the midwives themselves all come from the same teaching pool, so in theory "the Domino scheme" should be nearly identical whether the service be offered by the Coombe, the Rotunda, or Hollis St.

Maybe somebody else could support this, just in case I'm incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Haven't had my baby yet, I've another 8 weeks to go but so far being part of the Domino Scheme in the Coombe has been brill, I can't fault it. I'm really looking forward to having my baby as part of this system :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Fascinating reading.

The Domino scheme in Holles Street is fantastic, wonderful women.

Advertisement