Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying a house 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SuzieQCork

killers1 wrote: »
    What bank are you getting your mortgage from?

AIB....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

SuzieQCork wrote: »
    AIB....

I presume all your non-legal conditions have been satisfied i.e life cover, home ins & DD mandate? AIB said that yesterday was the last day they were accepting docs for cheque issue before Christmas although talking to them today they are still hoping to get funds out on cases where docs arrive today/tomorrow. In order for your funds to issue your new solicitor needs to submit the loan offer acceptance, solicitors undertaking and cheque req. All AIB's docs have a bar code specific to the account number so your solicitor will need to receive the new loan pack before being able to send in the loan offer acceptance once you've signed it. Unless you can get these docs signed and returned tomorrow it's very doubtful your mortgage will issue on time. You'll need someone in AIB who has some clout to be able to push this on for you to give you any chance..

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

Hi Guys

when onto the revenue website to claim for mortgage interest relief. I have a split rate moratage with aib which means i have two accounts numbers and the revenue site will allow only one account number.

Can i get mortgage interest relief on both accounts or just one?

I am first time buyer.

thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SuzieQCork

I presume all your non-legal conditions have been satisfied i.e life cover, home ins & DD mandate? AIB said that yesterday was the last day they were accepting docs for cheque issue before Christmas although talking to them today they are still hoping to get funds out on cases where docs arrive today/tomorrow. In order for your funds to issue your new solicitor needs to submit the loan offer acceptance, solicitors undertaking and cheque req. All AIB's docs have a bar code specific to the account number so your solicitor will need to receive the new loan pack before being able to send in the loan offer acceptance once you've signed it. Unless you can get these docs signed and returned tomorrow it's very doubtful your mortgage will issue on time. You'll need someone in AIB who has some clout to be able to push this on for you to give you any chance..
    Yeah everything else is sorted. We're just waiting for the new loan pack and right contract stuff. Maybe we will get lucky and they will arrive tomorrow! Fingers crossed

irbx wrote: »
    Hi Guys

when onto the revenue website to claim for mortgage interest relief. I have a split rate moratage with aib which means i have two accounts numbers and the revenue site will allow only one account number.

Can i get mortgage interest relief on both accounts or just one?

I am first time buyer.

thanks for the help

Yes, no problem at all. You can claim interest relief on the full mortgage amount. Contact AIB for the 12 digit a/c no and apply using that. Just put the total amount borrowed in as the figure under the one account number...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

Yes, no problem at all. You can claim interest relief on the full mortgage amount. Contact AIB for the 12 digit a/c no and apply using that. Just put the total amount borrowed in as the figure under the one account number...

thank you killers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Need a little bit of info, am about to close on the house today, money is in my solicitors account and he will be closing this afternoon, so keys today or tomorrow with a bit of luck.

What do i do not to claim MIR? I know I should have looked into this more but I did not think we would close in Dec.

So I guess I need to know what item or numbers do I need and who do I need to give them to?

Thanks in advance

Thanos wrote: »
    Need a little bit of info, am about to close on the house today, money is in my solicitors account and he will be closing this afternoon, so keys today or tomorrow with a bit of luck.

What do i do not to claim MIR? I know I should have looked into this more but I did not think we would close in Dec.

So I guess I need to know what item or numbers do I need and who do I need to give them to?

Thanks in advance

You apply for TRS here;

https://www.ros.ie/trs/claim.html?execution=e1s1

If you borrowed from AIB, ring their Accounts Dept on 1890252008 and ask them for the 12 digit account number needed to apply for TRS. You'll also need your PPS number and complete the date of first repayment as 01/13 (date/Mth Format). You don't need to know the actual date of first repayment. Everything else on the application form is standard personal details. If you mortgage is in joint names and you are married you complete 1 form jointly, if you are unmarried you each complete the form separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

You apply for TRS here;

https://www.ros.ie/trs/claim.html?execution=e1s1

If you borrowed from AIB, ring their Accounts Dept on 1890252008 and ask them for the 12 digit account number needed to apply for TRS. You'll also need your PPS number and complete the date of first repayment as 01/13 (date/Mth Format). You don't need to know the actual date of first repayment. Everything else on the application form is standard personal details. If you mortgage is in joint names and you are married you complete 1 form jointly, if you are unmarried you each complete the form separately.

Thank you Killers1, just what I needed (and thanks for the quick response).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Gahhhh this house buyin lark is annoying!!!! Check was with the Sol on monday still waiting on it to clear to get the keys!!! Was meant to be tuesday but looking like it wont even be this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭orlaanne

Killers any idea how long it usually takes Revenue to process the MIR claims? (god knows how long I'll be waiting with Christmas and the backlog that's probably building up!)

And also if our first repayment was in Dec 2012 but we won't get the relief until 2013 how does it work for the 2012 payment? Do I have to fill in another form to get it backdated?

thehamo wrote: »
    Gahhhh this house buyin lark is annoying!!!! Check was with the Sol on monday still waiting on it to clear to get the keys!!! Was meant to be tuesday but looking like it wont even be this week

It'll take 5 working days to clear... Your solicitor should have checked with the vendors solicitor to see if they would accept the mortgage cheque endorsed over to them.. In most case this would be acceptable.

orlaanne wrote: »
    Killers any idea how long it usually takes Revenue to process the MIR claims? (god knows how long I'll be waiting with Christmas and the backlog that's probably building up!)

And also if our first repayment was in Dec 2012 but we won't get the relief until 2013 how does it work for the 2012 payment? Do I have to fill in another form to get it backdated?

It doesn't matter when you submit your TRS application as it is backdated to when the mortgage issued. Revenue can take anything up to 2/3 months to inform your Bank what to reduce the Direct Debit by but you won't lose out on a cent by not processing your application quickly...You'll get little/no TRS for 2012 because the amount of interest charged in 2012 will be miniscule..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Closed! Just in time for christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing their experiences, questions and wisdom - especially killers1. I lurked so much on this thread I hardly needed to ask my own questions, others were going through the same, so thank you for doing so! We closed and got the keys to our new house on Tuesday evening, just in time for Christmas (and MIR).

To give credit where it's due, AIB Morgage centre people were amazingly helpful and quick, as was my solicitor (if anyone is looking for a solicitor, I would really recommend her). This thread was a godsend though, for sanity checking and reminding me how lucky we were to go from offer to close within 8 weeks.

Thank you all and merry christmas, whether in your new homes already or looking forward to a move in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shannonside26

So I had all documents in by Friday, Monday evening I got a call from the bank telling me both insurances were wrong, but after a couple of very stressful few days I got a phone call at 4pm this eve saying the funds were being released to my solicitor in time to make Mir!!! Thank you to all on this tread especially to killers aka killian for his help and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

So I had all documents in by Friday, Monday evening I got a call from the bank telling me both insurances were wrong, but after a couple of very stressful few days I got a phone call at 4pm this eve saying the funds were being released to my solicitor in time to make Mir!!! Thank you to all on this tread especially to killers aka killian for his help and advice.

Hi ya, Just a quick question, Will you be due for MIR once the bank issues the funds to the solicitor or does the sale have to be closed before 31 Dec??

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing their experiences, questions and wisdom - especially killers1. I lurked so much on this thread I hardly needed to ask my own questions, others were going through the same, so thank you for doing so! We closed and got the keys to our new house on Tuesday evening, just in time for Christmas (and MIR).

To give credit where it's due, AIB Morgage centre people were amazingly helpful and quick, as was my solicitor (if anyone is looking for a solicitor, I would really recommend her). This thread was a godsend though, for sanity checking and reminding me how lucky we were to go from offer to close within 8 weeks.

Thank you all and merry christmas, whether in your new homes already or looking forward to a move in 2013.

Many congrats & thanks for your kind words!

If you think 8 weeks was quick I just had a case go from offer accepted to cheque issue in 8 working days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

Finally, closed and keys in possession. Happy Christmas all

tommyh1977 wrote: »
    Finally, closed and keys in possession. Happy Christmas all

Many congrats & happy Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So did everyone get what they wanted?

Got the mortgage drawn down in time but MIR is still kind of up in tha air!

SNNUS wrote: »
    Got the mortgage drawn down in time but MIR is still kind of up in tha air!

Ah ya should be ok. Get the application completed anyway

efb wrote: »

Yeah I will, seems to be a grey area but should be ok!

Do it before Monday to make life eaaier Have you your mortgage ac details?

Do it before Monday to make life eaaier Have you your mortgage ac details?

I have the mortgage application number, I think there is a serparate 12 digit number I should have?

Your mortgage account number is the account its held in- call your bank Monday - they are open

Your mortgage account number is the account its held in- call your bank Monday - they are open

Thanks! will do

Good luck- If the sale is closed and the sol has drawn down the mortgage I can't see any issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭0325422

Kind of similar enough situation in that I have mortgage drawn down.. I got my mortgage from credit union as its only small. Anyway I have the cheque here made out to solicitor and Iv had it since last Saturday. Contracts are signed 3 weeks ago and was just waiting on the money.. My problem is solicitors office has been closed for Xmas and not open until 2nd of January. My repayments don't start until January. Date on cheque is 22nd of December.. Would I qualify for Mir ?

Advertisement