Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Hi Mewso,
    I'm looking at the TITAN 510 compact on theelectroniccigarette.co.uk. I see you have/had one. Is it any good or would you recommend another one? looking to get the benefit of your experience :)

Mez.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

does anyone using the tank find some flavours come through stronger than others?

my coffee flavour was so-so using it, the cream or vanilla flavours are almost not noticeable but my tobacco flavour juice is working great with it. I hated the tobacco flavour when i was using the drip tip, but with the tank for some reason I'm enjoying it alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mezamo wrote: »
    Hi Mewso,
    I'm looking at the TITAN 510 compact on theelectroniccigarette.co.uk. I see you have/had one. Is it any good or would you recommend another one? looking to get the benefit of your experience :)

Mez.

They're fine except for two very important things due to the small battery they have: You can't use Low Resistance atomisers on them and the batteries only last 1.5 to 2 hours before needing to be charged which is very annoying. The Tornado starter kits on that website gets around both of these problems for just a little extra cash.

Best benefit of the compact 510 kits is that they're smaller and thinner and at the very start might not feel as weird to an ex-smoker as larger e-cigs like the Ego or Tornado. But honestly, I got over the size thing with the Ego in a day's use. It wasn't a big deal for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hi Mewso,

Mez.

As nesf said. I wouldn't recommend them anymore simply because the eGo is essentially the same device but better. A a cheap option to try them out then maybe it's not that bad a choice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

my coffee flavour was so-so using it, the cream or vanilla flavours are almost not noticeable but my tobacco flavour juice is working great with it. I hated the tobacco flavour when i was using the drip tip, but with the tank for some reason I'm enjoying it alot.

Yeah I'm sticking with my Joye tobacco pretty much on the tank and it's excellent. For actual flavour I would go with my cisco 306 on the integrity :)

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sticking with my Joye tobacco pretty much on the tank and it's excellent. For actual flavour I would go with my cisco 306 on the integrity :)

Can't wait to give my Cisco 306s a go on my Provari when it arrives... Variable voltage will just be lovely on them. At the moment I alternate between my Tornado (3.4V) and Prodigy at 3.7V but would love being able to go 3.2 to 4V on them to break them in properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sky35

Hi guys, well my joye ego starter kit arrived on Tuesday and I finally worked up the courage to open it today and I'm stuck, I've read the instructions but I don't even know how to charge it let alone vape with it. Does anyone know maybe of a "how to" video on YouTube that I could watch, has to be one for dummies though as I dont even know which part is which. Apologies for my ignorance but I haven't a clue. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

I see that thevapourstore.ie has increased their price for tankomizers by 2 euros:(
    anybody tried LR tanks yet? Some places are selling them already...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

sky35 wrote: »
    Hi guys, well my joye ego starter kit arrived on Tuesday and I finally worked up the courage to open it today and I'm stuck, I've read the instructions but I don't even know how to charge it let alone vape with it. Does anyone know maybe of a "how to" video on YouTube that I could watch, has to be one for dummies though as I dont even know which part is which. Apologies for my ignorance but I haven't a clue. Thanks in advance.

This should help a bit. Not sure if he talks about charging though. Just take the USB cable charger that came with the kit, then you need to screw the battery into the end of it. This can then be used with the adapter plug to charge from a regular mains wall socket, or you can just use the USB cable without the plug adapater and charge it off any device with a USB port. Thats it! Everything else should be covered in this video.

Happy vaping!

Thanks for that Thudd, that helped. I managed to figure out what parts were what and got it charged anyway, not getting massive amounts of vapour like the video (maybe its just my crap lungs from years or smoking) or does it take time to break it in? Also, could someone explain what the drip tip is for?

• Advertisement

sky35 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Thudd, that helped. I managed to figure out what parts were what and got it charged anyway, not getting massive amounts of vapour like the video (maybe its just my crap lungs from years or smoking) or does it take time to break it in? Also, could someone explain what the drip tip is for?

You have two options. Cartridges or dripping. Cartridges have the material dabbed in the liquid and you vape away but for dripping you simply drop 3 drops straight onto the atomiser and take a few drags and repeat when it drys up. The drip tip is used instead of a cartridge to allow users to drip easily. i.e. before drip tips we would have removed the filler from a cartridge for something to use while dripping and because it is sealed we had to remove the cartridge, drip and replace so things a little easier now.

ahhh..I understand now, well I'll stick with filling catridges until I'm a bit more familiar I think. Trying one of the prefilled cartridges that came with the kit, i'm not sure whether I like it or not, I'll try the joye liquid I got later and see if thats any different. Its going to take a bit of getting used to I think... but hopefully I'll be able to stick with it. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Thinking of getting a tank, purely for going out, anyone here know how long the batteries last with this? I mean, with the screwdriver the rechargeable batteries last about 3 months apparently, is it similar with the tank?

I suppose I should ask the same question about the attomizers? Is it anywhere between2 and 6 weeks?

thanks

Thinking of getting a tank, purely for going out, anyone here know how long the batteries last with this? I mean, with the screwdriver the rechargeable batteries last about 3 months apparently, is it similar with the tank?

I suppose I should ask the same question about the attomizers? Is it anywhere between2 and 6 weeks?

thanks

Well they are all lithium batteries so should have a similar life-span. Atomisers can last as long up to 4 weeks. I think 6 weeks would be rare enough. Either way never count on it. Always have spares.

Guys,
    I eventually went for the Joye eGo-T starter kit to keep the business IRISH at 59.95 from thevapourstore.ie . I was a little annoyed when I found that I had to buy the liquid seperately which was another 12.95 ( thats what I get for keeping it Irish:mad:) Anyway I'm already off the smokes for the last 4 days but wanted to get some extra insurance when I'm out for a few beers;)... I'll keep my progress updated and hopefully after 21 years I can finally remain smoke (not Vapour) free!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Guys,
    I eventually went for the Joye eGo-T starter kit to keep the business IRISH at 59.95 from thevapourstore.ie . I was a little annoyed when I found that I had to buy the liquid seperately which was another 12.95 ( thats what I get for keeping it Irish:mad:) Anyway I'm already off the smokes for the last 4 days but wanted to get some extra insurance when I'm out for a few beers;)... I'll keep my progress updated and hopefully after 21 years I can finally remain smoke (not Vapour) free!

This starter kit has really good price. Couple months ago you have to pay about 70 for regular eGo kit (with 510 atomizer). Look here http://ecirettesolutions.com/products.php?view=productPage&product=37&category= ;) They says FEBRUARY PROMOTION PRICE, WAS 89.99, NOW 69.99, WOW !
    If you bought this liquid http://www.thevapourstore.ie/e-liquid/cat_15.html you can get the same one but much cheaper http://www.thebestshop.eu/e-liquid/cat_6.html or http://ecirettesolutions.com/products.php?view=productListPage&category=11

BTW my ProVari is still on the way:
    Label/Receipt Number: LN76 36****** S
    Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
    Service(s): International Letter

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on February 22, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Damn thats loooong!:mad:

Can't wait to bump up the voltage for eGo-T atty. People says that 4,2-4,6 volts is really good for tanks.

Rar, my Provari just shipped. :D

Mmm, election count, Provari shipped... This is turning into a really good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

Just ordered the kit for €69.99 with some liquid, thanks for the link. This will be my last attempt at Eciggs.

ProVari arrived :) Yeah baby!

Opit wrote: »
    ProVari arrived :) Yeah baby!

Bastard! :D

• Advertisement

Here's my small collection :D
    14b77870b751d977med.jpg

I got my Ego-T today. Put it together in a minute which was great. I have to say I am very very impressed :D great vapour and throat hit plus it actually tastes quite good. I'm going to put in an order for some tester flavours. Any other website than the vapour store do a large range of liquid?? How long should I get out of a 30ml bottle? Anyway this seems too good to be true is there any solid information on the health aspect of these things?

Mez.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I've been using the ego for nearly 2 months now, love it and no slip ups, I've been using Halo menthol ice and I stupidly ran out of it on friday which meant I had to use double mint which sickened me and I had some a small halo freedom but the tobacco taste was horrible after using the menthol ice now for weeks , I hardly vaped at all for the weekend and have felt a bit down because of it and I did half heartedly think about buying a pack of cigarettes but I knew I wouldn't really, my order should arrive tomorrow I hope, I absolutely cannot wait to sit down with a cup of tea and a fresh cartomizer and my mentol ice :):D

I got my Ego-T today. Put it together in a minute which was great. I have to say I am very very impressed :D great vapour and throat hit plus it actually tastes quite good. I'm going to put in an order for some tester flavours. Any other website than the vapour store do a large range of liquid?? How long should I get out of a 30ml bottle? Anyway this seems too good to be true is there any solid information on the health aspect of these things?

Mez.

There are lots of sites for buying e-liquid. All you can do is check out some of the many links mentioned in this thread. Here is a link to a post on UK Vapers that might answer your question re. health. - http://ukvapers.com/topic/110-scientific-studies-related-to-pvs/

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I got my ego-t yesterday at lunchtime yesterday and havent touched a cigarette since. The most suprising thing is that Ive done it with relative ease, apart from almost going to light the ego last night. I only got one liquid with it, the ry4, and have some golden virginia and amber leaf coming from ok smokey today.

Big thanks to you Mewso, I think after 20 years Ive found an alternative that I can most definitely stick with.

One issue I have is with the two batteries, the manual says to press the led 5 times in 2 seconds to turn on and off, this isnt working for me, any ideas?

wingnut32 wrote: »
    One issue I have is with the two batteries, the manual says to press the led 5 times in 2 seconds to turn on and off, this is working for me, any ideas?

I don't have any of the new batteries so I haven't used them. I only have the previous versions that you couldn't turn off. I suppose it's possible some cheapskate put the older version of the batteries in the pack.

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I got my ego-t yesterday at lunchtime yesterday and havent touched a cigarette since. The most suprising thing is that Ive done it with relative ease, apart from almost going to light the ego last night. I only got one liquid with it, the ry4, and have some golden virginia and amber leaf coming from ok smokey today.

Big thanks to you Mewso, I think after 20 years Ive found an alternative that I can most definitely stick with.

One issue I have is with the two batteries, the manual says to press the led 5 times in 2 seconds to turn on and off, this isnt working for me, any ideas?
    This battery has eGo-T logo ? I know some shops selling eGo-T kits with old version of battery but there is no logo then.
    It must looks like http://www.thebestshop.eu/batteries/900mah-joye-ego-t-xl-battery/prod_168.html
    I know 5 clicks off and 10 sec cut off look good but I'll stick to old one and ProVari.
    1100mAh battery in ProVari can last me for one day which is just ok because 900mAh eGo can work for about two days. I'm vaping with regular 510 cartomizer (3,0 ohm) on 4,5V. For eGo-T atomizer (ProVari shows me 2,2 ohm) I was able to set only 4,5V. Any voltage above give me E2 error which mean "reduce voltage" (too high current).
    LED starts flashing (slowly) when battery go down to 3,5V but I can still vaping for about 4 hours before ProVari completely switch off (3,3V on battery).

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Opit wrote: »
    This battery has eGo-T logo ? I know some shops selling eGo-T kits with old version of battery but there is no logo then.
    It must looks like http://www.thebestshop.eu/batteries/900mah-joye-ego-t-xl-battery/prod_168.html

Nope no logo on the battery, there is on the atomizer but not on the battery!:mad:

So you got the answer (unfortunately). Where did you get this kit?

BTW we will see new Premium liquids on thebestshop.eu tomorrow;)
    Can't wait to get RY4 and 100000ml of Silk Cut. Right on time because Im running out of juice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Well got my vape in the door there on Monday morning. The eGo 510 starter pack. Plugged in one of the Marlboro flavour cartridges that came with it. Dear god it was brutal tasting. Reminded me of one time when I was a teenager staying down the country and we ran out of smokes so decided to roll the tobacco from cigarette stabbers in an ashtray into skins and smoke them...only worse. Awful. So not a good first impression.

But dumped that cartridge in the bin and tried using a Joye Tobacco flavour instead. Much better, thankfully. Tried out the Menthol I got as well, which is nice enough but doesn't seem to give me that much of a throat hit. Used to have the same problem when smoking menthol tobacco too. Just wouldn't feel like I had had a smoke after one. Have now switched to dripping the Apple flavour liquid I got instead. Which is lovely and gives a nice good feeling going down. Think I'm going to stick to that as my main flavour from now on, whilst trying out a few of the weirder flavours like Peanut Brittle (wtf!? nom nom nom)

Anyway had two smokes since I got it (as opposed to maybe 30 or something I would have probably had without it) so it seems to be doing the business although only 3 days in now without a weekend so far so will see how things are after a week or two. Pretty impressed so far though.

=======================================================

Could we maybe get a sub forum for this stuff btw? This thread is an absolute nightmare to try and dig through. Think there is definitely a demand for one as this thread alone is busier than a lot of full forums on boards.ie.

Advertisement