Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

D.Q wrote: »
    then the two of them absolutely brown nosing on the new dvd. Haha a lack of integrity in the wrasslin bidness, surely not.

Road Dogg is an agent for WWE and Gunn is a trainer in NXT iirc, thats where the brown nosing is from. All pals once money is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

GTR63 wrote: »
    Road Dogg is an agent for WWE and Gunn is a trainer in NXT iirc, thats where the brown nosing is from. All pals once money is involved.

Indeed, wasn't the slagging off all done when they were Voodoo Kin Mafia?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer and Konnan endlessly hinted at this for the last 3 weeks:

cf1342d34f24f7a8c33249dbe58f8b00.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Here comes the money!!!

Don''t pretend to know what is going on so this is speculation on my part but both Konnan and Meltzer make vague references to 1st January and a non compete clause coming up all the time. Whether it is Shane's or JR's I don't know. Shane resigned from WWE in 2009 which will be 5 years at the turn of the year. 5 years is a bit of a magic sounding number non-compete clause wise. Mexican promotion AAA which Konnan books for wants to finally launch in America in 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

JR always looks incredibly pissed off.

Another edition of WWE's answer to Frost/Nixon:

Triple H addresses his concussion and broken jaw.

Rey's comeback delayed and his in ring return in Mexico is off:
    WWE.COM: Did you have surgery this time?

MYSTERIO: No, 2011 was my last surgery. What they did was they repaired the ACL and the [posterior cruciate ligament]. That’s when they realized that the inner part of my knee had no more cartilage. So, the inner part of my left knee is bone on bone, arthritic.

WWE.COM: Do you have a target date for your return to the squared circle?

MYSTERIO: With this new procedure, it’s been floating around in the air. There’s not that much time left before the end of the year. I’m hoping that either Thanksgiving comes a little early or Christmas comes a little early.

WWE.COM: With all of the injuries you’ve had, have you ever given thought to retiring?

MYSTERIO: No. I’m 39 years old and I know I’ve been doing this for quite some time, over two decades. Retirement is, for me, something that’ll be down the road, but not within the next two or three years. I feel like, with how medicine is evolving, something will be out there soon that can help you heal from arthritis. That might be what helps my longevity and pushes me to keep performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Wade Barrett talks Visa problems, Preston North End, and Wrestlemania 29.

http://www.lep.co.uk/what-s-on/theatre-comedy/wwe-s-wade-enjoys-rare-stay-back-home-1-6150717

Leaked WWE terminology memo in the Observer this week:
    A leaked memo from a few years ago stated a few things. Vince has said that nobody going forward can use the phrase “Granddaddy of them all” for WrestleMania. He feels it makes WrestleMania feel old and dated. Also, nobody is allowed to use the phrase “choke” for a submission move. Undertaker’s Hell’s Gate has also been named the “Triangle Submission hold” even though it’s a gogoplata, which is not a triangle although it looks sort of similar. Kevin Dunn stated announcers can no longer use the phrase “title changes hands.” Vince has banned the use of terms “Five star match” and “Match of the Year.” It’s funny, because when Arn Anderson does agent reports, he loves to use the “five star match” phrase for a match that tears down the house. As part of the memo banning those terms he also wanted all announcers to “stop reading the dirt sheets” with the idea it influences what they say. Funny, when they book for inside fans. Stephanie McMahon sent a memo for announcers to never use the phrase “the referee didn’t see it” when a heel is doing something behind the referees back. She wrote that it makes it seem like the announcers are treating the fans like they are in grade school. She would prefer “the referee’s vision was impaired” or “the referee’s vision was blocked.” Also, never use the word “hatred” or “hate” when describing a feud. Also, the announcers should never say a talent doesn’t care about winning a match. Also, when somebody is bleeding, never make references to it or use the word blood.

WWE no longer using Granddaddy of them all made me think of Vince's love for the term "a schillacking" back in the today.

Matt Striker had to be responsible for the dirtsheet rule.

Edit:
    Vince should reinstitute the term keester to describe a wrestler's behind and kisser for people's mouths too.

^ Post brought to you by the Attitude Era Podcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rovert wrote: »
    Rey's comeback delayed and his in ring return in Mexico is off:

That interview is so bleak, clearly knows nothing other than wrestling, I really worry about him in ten years time:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't get the "title changes hands" one. I think it's the quick and easy way of explaining how the title doesn't change hands on a DQ.

the announcers should never say a talent doesn’t care about winning a match.

Yet they pretty much did it on Raw by saying Bryan had more important things to do instead of winning the match.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't get the "title changes hands" one. I think it's the quick and easy way of explaining how the title doesn't change hands on a DQ.

Probably something along the lines of Championships are won and not handed over.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Yet they pretty much did it on Raw by saying Bryan had more important things to do instead of winning the match.

It is a leaked memo from years ago in fairness.

It is a leaked memo from years ago in fairness.

Didn't realise it was that old.

The interview earlier this week was a SWERVE:

Rey Mysterio returns, Sin Cara botches spot:

Sin Cara botches spot

In other breaking news, the sun came up again today :pac:

Doesnt look like Mysterio did a whole lot, I think it might just be a one off appearance rather than a return.

PWInsider:
    We have heard from few sources that the current plan for the WWE Network is to debut in the first quarter of next year. One source told me that the date right now is February 24, which would be the day after The Elimination Chamber and would have it in place leading up to WrestleMania. I have not been able to second source that date but can tell you that I have been told that people are working under the assumption that it will start in the first quarter of 2014.

DROP THE BASS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

DROP THE BASS

YOOOOUUUU AAAARRRREEEE

MY CINEMAAAAAAAA

ICOULDWACHUFOREEEEEEEEEVER

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I still want to see Legends house w/The Iron Shiek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I still want to see Legends house anything w/The Iron Shiek

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Sunny gets diagnosed with cancer...5 minutes later she wants you to buy her pillows or a handbag.

BXHXI51IMAAZnxx.jpg

I wasn't going to post about that situation for the mods sake. Even though anyone who has experienced Cancer has all the right to call her every name under the sun IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I was reading that the wrong way. Top to bottom.

Good god. The woman has not an ounce of respectability.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I see Devitt just tweeted a photo of The Young Bucks who've apparently joined Bullet Club. Great fit.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I see Devitt just tweeted a photo of The Young Bucks who've apparently joined Bullet Club. Great fit.

They are over for the tag tournament coming up. Think they are touring members rather than official members. Wouldnt mind a merger of the Bullet Club and Mount Rushmore at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Big Show's "rogue" satellite appearance on Raw last night will likely be revealed as Vince McMahon's doing, reports F4WOnline.com. Vince is expected to return to TV prior to Survivor Series to get involved in the current "Authority" storyline Source

WWE website promoting the return of Vince McMahon next Monday:

BXT3KTECUAA61LS.jpg

Another Triple H/Michael Cole sit down addressing those burials on Monday:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/triple-h-exclusive-interviews-with-michael-cole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    A major UFC name is reportedly meeting with WWE this week about working for them in 2014.
    No name was given, but it is not Chael Sonnen. Sonnen previously expressed an interest in becoming a pro wrestler.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/21337/report-a-major-ufc-star-meeting-with-wwe

I'm gonna say Frank Mir if its true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement