Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lotto 'All or Nothing' Odds

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Being unemployed in this fair green isle of ours and acutely aware of the need of the National Lottery to extract more cash from the pockets of those who need it most, I decided to take a look at the results of the "All or Nothing" scam.
    I looked at the results available on the National Lottery website and decided to check the 80 draws run from January 1st to March 31st.
    Depressingly, just 2 tickets managed to match all 12 numbers, a whopping zero tickets managed to match no numbers for the same top prize.
    If I'm bothered or get really bored I'll tot up all the prize money won by lucky ticket holders for the 80 draws over the first 3 months of this year. Suffice to say just looking at the number of top prize winners you've a better chance of pulling in a convent than winning on "All or Nothing".

Whether you like it or not, you have a better chance of winning this jackpot than the lotto jackpot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Being unemployed in this fair green isle of ours and acutely aware of the need of the National Lottery to extract more cash from the pockets of those who need it most, I decided to take a look at the results of the "All or Nothing" scam.
    I looked at the results available on the National Lottery website and decided to check the 80 draws run from January 1st to March 31st.
    Depressingly, just 2 tickets managed to match all 12 numbers, a whopping zero tickets managed to match no numbers for the same top prize.
    If I'm bothered or get really bored I'll tot up all the prize money won by lucky ticket holders for the 80 draws over the first 3 months of this year. Suffice to say just looking at the number of top prize winners you've a better chance of pulling in a convent than winning on "All or Nothing".

The odds of winning the top prize - be it match 12 or match 0 are 1.35m to 1.

Totting up all the prizes is meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sedantez

Many of the scratchcards have pretty good odds like 1 in 3 winning.

I think everyone knows your odds of winning in the lottery are slim but its the fact that every week, people are winning millions across the sweet of games so... 'it could be you!'

I suppose its the dream of just maybe its me this time.

Personnally i tend only to buy tickets for the big jackpots and the millionaire raffles where at least you have some chance of winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dr.Crump

Been playing this for the past 90 odd draws and the winners went up BIG scale tonight !
    Most nights, you get an average off about 700 winners for the match 8,
    100 winners for the match 9, and 15 winners for the match 10 and the odd 1 gets the 11 numbers.
    TONIGHT draw however,
    3,698 mathced 8!
    718 mathced 9!
    63 matched 10!
    2 matched 11!

Now, I havent been watching RTE as of late but is there a new ad campaign or something out for the "All or Nothing" lotto ? Or has the whole country gone mad and started playing it all of a sudden ! lol

My numbers are yet to come up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Dr.Crump wrote: »
    Or has the whole country gone mad and started playing it all of a sudden ! lol

My numbers are yet to come up :rolleyes:

They gave away free tickets to ALL winners of any prize on Lotto yesterday. It was to be expected.

And still 2 people only won 5k....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

And thats an issue I have with the lotto - giving away free tickets for another lottery draw when you get three numbers on the main lotto draws on a Wednesday or Saturday. Its not done every week just now and again. However I am of the opinion that if you buy a ticket and win a prize, this prize should be a monetary prize not another ticket for another draw.!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

steph1 wrote: »
    And thats an issue I have with the lotto - giving away free tickets for another lottery draw when you get three numbers on the main lotto draws on a Wednesday or Saturday. Its not done every week just now and again. However I am of the opinion that if you buy a ticket and win a prize, this prize should be a monetary prize not another ticket for another draw.!:mad:

In fairness its on top of the usual monetary prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Is the draw for All Or Nothing televised or are the results just shown on (the annoying animation on) the lotto.ie website? If it's the latter, then surely there's a complete lack of transparency with the draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Warper wrote: »
    In fairness its on top of the usual monetary prize.

Yes it is but at the same time the sales of the 'all or nothing' and monday millions' tickets must not be going too well if they are 'giving them away' with a three number win on the main lotto draw.
    I think it would be better if the lottery did away with these two games and concentrated on the main lotto draws on Wednesday and Saturday and give decent prize money for matching numbers apart from the main jackpot prize. The prize for matching five numbers is pathetic. You can go into the bookies and do a bet on the lotto and you can win 40k for matching five numbers for a one euro stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

steph1 wrote: »

what i hate is getting a 1euro scratch card for 3 numbers, i have a better chance of winning on those 1euro scratchcards by picking a scratched one of the street that someone fu#cked away with a prize on it by mistake:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jno

:)Hi everyone.
    (I'm new user and my english is poor or so, but...)

A little question about AoN.
    Is know what ticket is a 24,12,8,12 ?
    (24 number , in 12 number ticket, with "8" guaranteed on 12 number pick)

I have do this with 30 ticket for example.

The entire list made by me , is:

24,12,07,12 8 ticket 100% covering guaranteed
    24,12,08,12 30 ticket
    24,12,09,12 225 ticket
    24,12,10,12 2558 ticket
    24,12,11,12 44104 ticket

an example for the 24,12,07,12 is:

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12
    01 02 03 04 05 06 13 14 15 16 17 18
    01 07 08 09 10 11 13 14 15 16 17 18
    01 07 12 13 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    02 03 04 05 06 07 19 20 21 22 23 24