Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

APM wrote: »
    6171899147_8b691948fb_z.jpg

GMT Master II

yummy

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Sorry sorry sorry - not deliberate honest !

Quick and dirty iphone pics attached.

I'm very, very happy - This was my max budget for an IWC portugese style watch.

That's a cracking Stowa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    1. Omega Seamaster Pro Co-Axial

Subtle and classy. Wear it mostly at work, the bracelet is a little on the soft side and isn't really up to much more than desk diving.

2. Sinn U1

A beast of a watch. You know you're wearing it when it's your arm. Great size and weight, absolutely love it.

3. Damasko DA36

My daily 'beater' when not in the office. My first real automatic, can really be worn anywhere, don't think I'll ever sell it.
    That's funny, we seem to have similar taste in modern watches. I've the Seamaster, but the GMT version, the DA36, and I've considered getting the U1 but I think it might wear too big. What's the serial number of your DA36? I've got number 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

That's funny, we seem to have similar taste in modern watches. I've the Seamaster, but the GMT version, the DA36, and I've considered getting the U1 but I think it might wear too big. What's the serial number of your DA36? I've got number 29.

She's 139. Coming up on 3 years old now and could do with a service.

The U1 is a lump of a watch in both size and weight. Unlike the Seamaster you don't forget you're wearing it. However, it's not as big and brutish as something like an Avenger Seawolf or a Chronomat. It wears quite big, but not too big and certainly not uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    The U1 is a lump of a watch in both size and weight. Unlike the Seamaster you don't forget you're wearing it. However, it's not as big and brutish as something like an Avenger Seawolf or a Chronomat. It wears quite big, but not too big and certainly not uncomfortable.

I have to agree with ronnie3585 on this. I like the U1 too and was worried it would be too big on me. I got the chance to wear one at the GTG and was surprised at how "normal" sized it felt on me. It certainly didn't feel bigger than my 42mm PO even though it is.

Word around the campfire on TZ is that Sinn prices are only going one way.... UP !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sbs2010

A little bashed but still nice, I think ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Word around the campfire on TZ is that Sinn prices are only going one way.... UP !

I think it's been confirmed that their prices are being pushed up around 8 or 9%. Rolex and Omega have done the same in the last few weeks too.

Not great pics but quick ones

My latest Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Red on my 2nd new purchase...Skunk Bond Nato

Will put up better pics later

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

I often think that if I ever see another person in this country wearing a watch on a Nato I'll probably 'know' them from an internet watch forum.

The Steinhart looks really sharp on the Nato - great watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Deep Thoughts what are your impressions on the Steinhart? Also I thought you were going for the Ocean Black DLC? How quick was the order delivery on this? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

is there no cyclops?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

MiCr0 wrote: »
    is there no cyclops?

I think this is going for the Sea dweller look as opposed to the Sub look

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

its actually the GMT that has the cyclops, rather than the vintage

• Registered Users Posts: 29,996 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Got one of these for 10€. Digital watch seems to gain a second or two per day, analog part only a second out after 3 or 4 days. Heavy yoke. Pity it doesn't have digital stopwatch. Strap links bit loose but honestly watch not as bad as I thought it would be

387176473_748.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

I'm nearly sure that all Rolex watches (except cellinis) with a date function have got and always had a cyclops except the Sea Dweller.

marcus1971 wrote: »

I'm nearly sure that all Rolex watches (except cellinis) with a date function have got and always had a cyclops except the Sea Dweller.
    And I guess steinhart will "follow" their design closely ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

And I guess steinhart will "follow" their design closely ;-)

Maybe they should do a single red "Sea Dweller" and charge 10 times as much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Got my amphibia last week but only got around to taking decent photos of it now :D

DSC03700.JPG

DSC03718.JPG

DSC03720.JPG

It seems to loose 40 seconds a day which isn't too bad for a soviet era movement I think

Apart from that I love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Looks well on the leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Its actually a cheap leather that came with it. It looks well on it and will probably wear it until the cheap strap breaks and then buy another strap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Got one of these for 10€. Digital watch seems to gain a second or two per day, analog part only a second out after 3 or 4 days. Heavy yoke. Pity it doesn't have digital stopwatch. Strap links bit loose but honestly watch not as bad as I thought it would be

387176473_748.jpg

Where did you get that?

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Deep Thoughts what are your impressions on the Steinhart? Also I thought you were going for the Ocean Black DLC? How quick was the order delivery on this? Cheers.

Hi

I went of the VR instead

Is not as heavy as i expected and the its not as big dial wise as I thought

It sits well on the wrist and feels comfy

Some on the others have the cyclops but not this model

Overall I like it and reckon its a keeper (until something else comes long !!)

Delivery was about 2 weeks, nicely boxed and alss came with a green nato free

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

BX 19 wrote: »
    It seems to loose 40 seconds a day which isn't too bad for a soviet era movement I think

Give it a few weeks first to settle down. Air travel seems to upset these movements somewhat. Try to wind it twice a day, always at the same time (-ish), that should give you fair idea of its accuracy after a while. If it's still more than 30 sec slow after a few weeks you might try and give the regulator on the balance the tiniest, tiniest of nudges towards positive.

BTW I prefer my watches running a bit slow rather than fast. That way you can set them forwards rather than turning the movement backwards or having to advance the full 12 hours (not possible at all when the watches have a date function)

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Where did you get that?

Ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 artem

Reloc8 wrote: »
    The sun came out momentarily - slightly more attractive shot.

Nice one, love it. I can see why you like it as a IWC portuguese lover :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Have this Vostok a few weeks.

At first it was running 10 mins fast but has settled down now and is keeping the correct time to the second. :)

On a horrendous cheap bracelet at the moment, thinking about black leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Nice one !

How do you find the tonneau case on the wrist?

I think this watch needs to be on a bracelet ...how about this 70's style one for 20 quid?

MC066Eteilmassivlochm.jpg

more affordable bracelets here:
    http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-s708h689-FOLDED-18mm.html

They have a great choice in normal straps also (and silicone as well ..which could be another alternative)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

peasant wrote: »
    Nice one !

How do you find the tonneau case on the wrist?

I think this watch needs to be on a bracelet ...how about this 70's style one for 20 quid?

MC066Eteilmassivlochm.jpg

more affordable bracelets here:
    http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-s708h689-FOLDED-18mm.html

They have a great choice in normal straps also (and silicone as well ..which could be another alternative)

Yea the tonneau case sits nicely on the wrist, I prefer that style of case.

Thanks for the link, probably will get a bracelet.

I have another one with a tonneau case, must get some photo's up.

6604E06261DB4B7C8E979624398ABB22-0000324846-0002566856-00800L-7AD023E0DE5E419290FBCC1EEA71B9E7.jpg
    Another f-91w copy (on the left). Sells for $3. Compared to the last one I picked up the quality of the LCD on this is as good or better at some angles than the real casio. Was expecting it to be branded as "sport" brand like this but casio on it, casio strap and tag too. Real f-91w still wins, buttons easier to press, light actually bright enough to read the time, graphics on case clearer, strap doesn't wobble on case.

• Advertisement

another ebay purchase from a month ago

F9B061D88F98405684388E846DA3B2DA-0000324846-0002567025-00640L-41EB039D3782416A8D23149A72AD2D62.jpg

FB7E8A064CFF40489C0A9A852A855ADE-0000324846-0002567024-00640L-504DF690A35144388B3FCBE9F093A8B9.jpg

40BD0B5D68D54BD7B387DFB42390842C-0000324846-0002567023-00640L-AA823FEA7EA442129226666A9C9FC7F6.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement