Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electrical diagram

• 11-01-2014 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

hi folks

any ideas where I could get a electrical diagram for a particular type of van ?

cheers

figs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭88manta

What make model year?

Wiring diagram for what area? Engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's lots of sites that offer wiring diagrams, but without specifics it's hard to help you google them.
    The manufacturer/dealer may have them for sale/free.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

I might have one for you from a good source, but id need the details

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

seat inca sdi 1.9 2003

glow plug / ignition circuit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

figs666 wrote: »
    glow plug / ignition circuit

Have you no glow plug light?

Interslice wrote: »
    Have you no glow plug light?

glow light comes on intermittently , when it does come on the van starts . when it doesn't it wont come on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I'm wondering would a wiring diagram for a Seat Ibiza with the same engine do the trick? I've looked at AutoData, it doesn't have a wiring diagram for either, but it does list the location of some key bits worth checking....

glow light comes on intermittently , when it does come on the van starts . when it doesn't it wont come on .

That's normally either the 109 relay or a break in the wires running too it. This is your ecu relay and nothing to do with the glow plug circuit.

Do you know your engine code?

I replaced the 109 relay this time last year with a brand new one from main dealers . I took it apart last night . looks ok .

van is a Seat INCA (6K9) 1.9 SDI 1896cc. 64hp.

• Advertisement

is the 102 relay the glow plug relay ?

is the 102 relay the glow plug relay ?

I think it's 103. Try it but I'm fairly sure the lack of GP light though is as a result of the ECU not turning on via relay 109 circuit.

I would inspect and test the 109 relay first. You can also try bypassing it with a bit of wire across the switch circuit. Then check to switch and power circuit for that relay.

Your engine code should be either 1Y or AHQ - In your logbook or sticker on timing belt cover. I can the right diagram then, if your sure the relay is OK. No point going pulling wires out if it's the relay gone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Why did you start a new thread and not continue the other one?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057120064

What's the engine code?

Is it AEY or AYQ or even 1Y This is important as they have different wiring diagrams. The code will be on the sticker on top of the timing belt cover or in the spare wheel well on a sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Your engine should be AYQ as far as I can tell, anyway this info is for AYQ

Relay 103 glow plugs is at position 12 on the relay plate (bottom row, last one on the rh side)

Relay 109 you already know position 3 (third from left on the top row)

Also check the fuses on the battery, one 110 amp is for the glow plugs.

Check the coolant temp sensor, what happens if you disconnect it?

The glow plug light should always come on with the ignition, if only for a second or less.

The symptoms you describe are classic for relay 109 so Id be making really sure that's ok first.

I will replace 109 relay tomorrow with a new one from main dealers , I replaced it this time last year . I also replaced the coolant temp sensor as the glow plugs were staying on for a long time , again this was about 18 months ago .

just wondering could it be an ignition barrel problem ?

I will replace 109 relay tomorrow with a new one from main dealers , I replaced it this time last year . I also replaced the coolant temp sensor as the glow plugs were staying on for a long time , again this was about 18 months ago .

just wondering could it be an ignition barrel problem ?

You could get a bit of wire and 2 male spade connectors to bypass the 109. Just connect 87and 30 together. If you've a multimeter you can also test for 12v at terminal 30. If that doesn't work the next step if that doesn't work is to test for continuity between the relay terminals and the ECU. I'd need your engine code to tell you which pins on the ECU to connect too. And/or I can tell you the colour of the wires and you can check them and the connections at the back of the realy box and ECU visually.

If you get no glow plug light but the starters still goes it's not the ignition barell.

i replaced the 109 relay with one from the main dealers (27 euros) . still same problem ,

the ecu is wringing wet but the connectors are like brand new . I only towel dryed it but I will remove it at the weekend and dry it properly .

just wondering is the ecu earthed thru the body or thru one of the connectors ? the body of the ecu was corroded from rainwater .

hi ,

removed ecu and opened it up , small amount of water and what looks like a burnt diode . I will leave in hot press to dry out , also must get some contact cleaner to clean all the white dust that was inside it .

OK , cleaned out the ecu of all white dust , allowed circuit board to dry out overnight in bedroom . drilled out 2 broken screws that were corroded into place . anyway , sealed up ecu and gave it a coat of paint becuae of serious corrosion on outside .

i replaced ecu and the van starts perfectly .

has anyone built a cover , i have placed a cover off a aldi eletric toothbrush over it for the time been, fits almost perfectly . i must build a proper cover in time .

as for SEAT /VW , it has to be the worst place to put a ECU .......... under the wipers ..... perfect place for expensive sensitive elctronic componet

all is good now ,, thanks everyone for your help

until we meet again

thanks

brian

Advertisement