Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel Fishing

• 18-04-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

When is the best time of year to catch mackerel in West Cork? Would the recent warm weather be bringing them in yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I was just coming on to see if they were in.I seen a 2 men in last couple of days with rods in cobh.So I'm guessing something must be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

would also love to know, was thinking of gearing up and heading off for the day tomorrow.

Any reccomendations on spots around Cork to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭realrebel

ive seen pictures of some caught in cork but I say their not there in numbers yet
    although this time last year loads were caught around the old head

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

Just as a follow up to this, I was out fishing around Ardfield and they are around but not in numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Natalia Squeaking Victor

Just as a follow up to this, I was out fishing around Ardfield and they are around but not in numbers

Where is Ardfield? We have a town land of that name here but it's a few landlocked fields.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭.red.

Where is Ardfield? We have a town land of that name here but it's a few landlocked fields.:)
    just outside clonakilty, you pass thru it on the road out to redstrand

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Have a hankering for some fried fillets meself now.
    Weather is warm enough for them alright anyway so maybe they'll be arriving in numbers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Still too choppy on the east coast i reckon...they wont feed if there's sand in the water.

Advertisement